The Australian Open 2015

zep1706

Can Murray re-discover his top form? I find it very difficult to see how Murray beats Dimitrov, Federer, Nadal and Djokovic or even 2 of them 4 to win it. He can if he plays really well, but I don't know how he'll get through tough task. Nadal looks like he's just battling through, if he gets to week 2 he will probably get to the final as well cause by then he'd have hit himself to form. As for the tournament overall, I have had a chance to watch many games but from what the press and people are saying, it looks to be quicker on the outside courts but pretty much the same on the big courts. Of all the potential QF matches, Wawrinka vs Nishikori is probably the one I'm most looking forward to.

Disappointing end to Federer's brilliant run recently. He was doing good until he played Boleli who showed fight and now here he fell down to seppi who is more than just decent player, but a game Federer should have won. All of a sudden Murray's draw looks pretty bleak. It will be interesting to see Murray in the last 4 now from here. He has gotten better from his frist round game against Yuki.

If Federer had lost to Bolelli, I would have understood it. Bolelli was playing like Cilic of USO 2014 in the first set and there is nothing much you can do about that, he could not sustain that level and Federer got it together from set 2. Seppi is a very safe player for Federer. I thought Chardy could have been a lot tougher but Seppi does not have anything that should trouble Federer. I watched the match, he played well and held his nerves on important points but Federer was really poor. Unexpected loss. I was expecting Murray to beat Federer.

It's pretty clear that fed struggles against hard hitters nowadays,actually for the last 4 years,he has lost to guys like gasquet,melzer,stanovsky who are not even hard hitters so its clear fed is too inconsistent to ever win another slam.I think he should retire at the end of the USO.

What a match. Match of the tournament. After being down in ebery set and just points from losing the gme in 3rd set, Simon has fought and fought. Won the 3rd set and now after being 5-1 down again in 4th set,he is trying to take it to tie break. That is why I mentioned above he is the best french player and one of my favs. Regardless of what will be the result, this Simon-Ferer game has been the match of the tournament.

It's pretty clear that fed struggles against hard hitters nowadays' date='actually for the last 4 years,he has lost to guys like gasquet,melzer,stanovsky who are not even hard hitters so its clear fed is too inconsistent to ever win another slam.I think he should retire at the end of the USO.[/quote'] Seppi is not a hard hitter.

I was looking through the odds on some of thee betting sites and I don't think they are right. ON bet365 Djokovic - 8/11 Murray - 9/2 Nadal 13/2 Stan 11/1 Kei 12/1 While I agree that Novak is outright favorite to win this and that too by margin, but I would in fact rate Nadal's chances more than 13/2 and if i was in betting i would have put my money on him at these odds. That 5 setter against American qualifier in fact prepared Nadal for difficult battles ahead and overall improved his chances. I would predict a Nadal Novak final with Nadal beating Murray in SF.

Nadal is a frigging beast, the greatest fighter in history of tennis, plays at such a high level even after injuries etc. won't be surprised if he goes all the way in this one.BTW I am a Federer fan, but respect Nadal a lot. Back Federer to win this year's SW19.

Nadal is a frigging beast' date=' the greatest fighter in history of tennis, plays at such a high level even after injuries etc. won't be surprised if he goes all the way in this one.BTW I am a Federer fan, but respect Nadal a lot. Back Federer to win this year's SW19.[/quote'] I am backing him to reach final. But eventually Djokovic is going to win it. He is simply unstoppable at slow hardcourts of australian open. But a semi-final with Stan may be tricky of Djoko.