Sign in to follow this  
vishalvirsingh

Speed and performance of medium pacers, trundlers and fast bowlers in Ipl

4 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I missed Ankit Rajpoot's spell.   He has returned with good figures of 1 for 14  off 2 overs.  

How did he bowl and what was his speed range ?

He showed good control but speeds were a bit of a let down. Mainly in the 131-135k range, may be a few deliveries that were marginally quicker. Considering that he's only 22 and playing his first game, hopefully should get quicker

13 minutes ago, MK55 said:

He showed good control but speeds were a bit of a let down. Mainly in the 131-135k range, may be a few deliveries that were marginally quicker. Considering that he's only 22 and playing his first game, hopefully should get quicker

Thanks for the info bro.

I have seen him bowl 135 k to 142 k consistently this season...... in SMA trophy I think.

8 hours ago, Mosher said:

Rajpoot's quickest yesterday was 137K. But the good thing was he was getting some awkward bounce and hurrying the batsman. 

Bounce is one of Rajpoot's strong points as the hits the deck hard and is tall too. He can be a very good bowler if he can bowl  135 k to 142  k. 

Ankit Rajpoot bowled very well in his first 2 overs.... in good areas and did not spray the ball around. Impressed by his speeds too....clocked 135 k to 145 k with lots of 140 k + deliveries. He visually hurried batsmen at times. Got some movement too.  

He got hit in his last over by Kohli and ABDV but tried to bowl yorkers mainly and his objective was good.

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Ankit Rajpoot bowled very well in his first 2 overs.... in good areas and did not spray the ball around. Impressed by his speeds too....clocked 135 k to 145 k with lots of 140 k + deliveries. He visually hurried batsmen at times. Got some movement too.  

He got hit in his last over by Kohli and ABDV but tried to bowl yorkers mainly and his objective was good.

Ankit rajput is very promising. ..

On 4/17/2016 at 9:43 PM, express bowling said:

Shhardul to me is not good enough for International cricket, he doesn't have a ything that will surprise batsmen, he bowls around 133 K average , doesn't get much bounce, stamina is lacking and often seen bowling at 120s in domestic, he along with Dhawal R no good for me

Warrier, Shukla, Ankit to some extent, Sran has potential, Suyal to me is a case of talent one wasted as for now, Aniket C R bowlers I am interested more in

43 minutes ago, MCcricket said:

Warrier, Shukla, Ankit to some extent, Sran has potential, Suyal to me is a case of talent one wasted as for now, Aniket C R bowlers I am interested more in

I like Nathu Singh, Ankit Rajpoot and Pawan Suyal.   All have decent control over their bowling as well as pace and the first two get bounce too.   And I would like to watch more of Aniket Chowdhury ....he may have potential.

Shami and Bumrah are two such bowlers,  with both pace and decent control,  already playing for India.   

Shardul is a good bowler for domestic cricket but perhaps not good enough for international cricket as of now.

Edited by express bowling

With his height, if groomed well, Rajpoot could be a real deal. He has started to add some muscles and that shows in the speeds he was bowling. He isn't ready for international cricket yet but some A tours and another season of FC cricket should see him be ready to play for the national side.

Hope Kohli keeps a watch him having played him yesterday. Raina obviously will have good words to say about him.

29 minutes ago, Shoonya said:

With his height, if groomed well, Rajpoot could be a real deal. He has started to add some muscles and that shows in the speeds he was bowling. He isn't ready for international cricket yet but some A tours and another season of FC cricket should see him be ready to play for the national side.

Hope Kohli keeps a watch him having played him yesterday. Raina obviously will have good words to say about him.

We need to keep an eye on tall fast bowlers with decent pace. Extra bounce is what troubles the batsmen more in international cricket than just raw pace.

15 hours ago, express bowling said:

I like Nathu Singh, Ankit Rajpoot and Pawan Suyal.   All have decent control over their bowling as well as pace and the first two get bounce too.   And I would like to watch more of Aniket Chowdhury ....he may have potential.

Shami and Bumrah are two such bowlers,  with both pace and decent control,  already playing for India.   

Shardul is a good bowler for domestic cricket but perhaps not good enough for international cricket as of now.

totally agree with you...shardul, dhawal and some others will never be good enough for intl cricket....

chowdhary, rajpoot nathu have the body, height and pace to play intl cricket....but has to mature and develop consistency ....also add the U19 pace bowler Avesh to this list

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

We need to keep an eye on tall fast bowlers with decent pace. Extra bounce is what troubles the batsmen more in international cricket than just raw pace.

Bounce at decent pace is what the current Indian team lacks when Ishant and Aaron are not playing.  It would be nice if  Nathu Singh, Rajpoot and Avesh Khan can become good enough to play for India. All can hit the deck hard and get bounce at decent pace.    And lets see how Aniket shapes up.  Even Khaleel is tall .

1 hour ago, maniac said:

Eager to watch deepak chahar today....hope he still has that banana swing and as someone said added a few yards too....really looking forward

What i liked about him is that....he was hitting the deck hard

Can someone compare b kumar to ankit rajput and deepak chahar on current level. who is more preferable in odi team? i hope none of the 3 are strong enough yet to play in test team.

Edited by renjith

3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Chahar has gained quite a lot of pace since his debut where he was bowling in low 120s, now in mid to high 130s and he looks stronger.

He was bowling 130 k to 137 k  in a T20 match.  Chances are he will bowl slower in the longer formats.  Don't think that would work in international matches at his height.

17 minutes ago, express bowling said:

He was bowling 130 k to 137 k  in a T20 match.  Chances are he will bowl slower in the longer formats.  Don't think that would work in international matches at his height.

this was his first game, so probably was not going all out in terms of pace. Might bowl quicker if he plays more. Ankit Rajpoot's fastest was 137 in his first game. Also, it depends on stamina if he can sustain same pace in other formats. Lot of bowlers bowl at same pace regardless of the format.

5 hours ago, renjith said:

Can someone compare b kumar to ankit rajput and deepak chahar on current level. who is more preferable in odi team? i hope none of the 3 are strong enough yet to play in test team.

Bhuvi is far ahead of other two as a bowler across formats.Its not that Chahar or Rajpoot are regular 90 mph fast bowlers, they too are medium pace, more around 84-85 mph, Bhuvi is 82-83 mph on average but is far more accurate and more consistent.

Did not watch Chahr bowl, but Ankit Rajpoot needs one more FC season and some A tours before coming into contention for National side Has a decent FC stats, needs a 35+ wicket season or some headline grabbing spell to be in limelight.

9 hours ago, rkt.india said:

this was his first game, so probably was not going all out in terms of pace. Might bowl quicker if he plays more. Ankit Rajpoot's fastest was 137 in his first game. Also, it depends on stamina if he can sustain same pace in other formats. Lot of bowlers bowl at same pace regardless of the format.

Bowlers who bowl at the same pace across formats are usually those who have natural pace like Aaron or Umesh. Those who develop pace later on in their careers usually don't because it is often dependent on extra effort and stamina.  Good example would be Bhuvi. 

Edited by express bowling

This year's IPL has been disappointing for me bowling wise.

Ishant started off well but couldn't sustain that form. There seems to be a lack of clarity in Aaron's bowling. Its another issue that the pitch and the ground at Chinnaswami is a joke He isn't someone who has got a well deceived slower delivery and hence its pointless bowling so many slow balls in the first over itself. Would be best if he bowls flat out and minimizes  those fancy wide of the stump slow yorkers/ slow bouncers etc. Also, this strategy of making him bowl in overs 10-14 has made him defensive and signalling to him that his priority is to restrict run scoring. He isn't that kind of bowler. Umesh has been on and off and nothing noteworthy so far. Same's the case with Shami.

Obviously bowling's our biggest worry and sadly this IPL and nature of wickets that we've got has done more harm than good to our test fast bowlers. Barring some batting knocks of Kohli/AB, I'm feeling a bit intoxicated with so much T20 cricket.  Just looking forward to the next test series.

Ankit Rajpoot showcased his potential today and was quite expensive at the same time. He got consistent outswing, seamed the ball too and got bounce as usual. Bowled a lot of balls in good areas but punctuated them by some bad ones. Very good speeds of 137 k to 147 k. Lots of deliveries between around 144 k.  Picked up a wicket.

BCCI should groom him with urgency as he combines pace/ bounce with decent control and movement and has the knack of picking wickets. Should go to Zim.    Akram has said that he rates this guy highly and McGrath has said that he is international quality.

Ankit Rajpoot showcased his potential today and was quite expensive at the same time. He got consistent outswing, seamed the ball too and got bounce as usual. Bowled a lot of balls in good areas but punctuated them by some bad ones. Very good speeds of 137 k to 147 k. Lots of deliveries between around 144 k.  Picked up a wicket.

BCCI should groom him with urgency as he combines pace/ bounce with decent control and movement and has the knack of picking wickets. Should go to Zim.    Akram has said that he rates this guy highly and McGrath has said that he is international quality.

He is a test bowler......what I like about him....is his bounce.....he will be more dangerous in countries like Ozzie and SA

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Bhuvi was very good at the death today.  Bowled some accurate yorkers.  This is the quickest I have seen him bowl and he was visually hurrying batsmen and hitting them on the body too.  Hit the deck hard in one over. Speeds  135 k to 144 k.  

Sran bowled well in patches and got some bounce and seam movement. Picked up 2 wickets. Speeds between 135 k and 141 k.

The pitch was slow and totally in favour of spinners. On such a deck Rajpoot bowled decently. Got outswing early on. Speeds between 135 k and 144 k. His 2nd over was not good ( as Mosher told me ). His first over was decent and his last over at the death was good. Attempted yorkers , most became low full tosses but the objective was right.

I need to give a closing sign off on this IPL and also on the Performance on Indian Pacers in this IPL.

Over all I am very disappointed by Curators and People who have been responsible for the PITCHES.

Pitches again were FLAT PATTA wickets and were death bed for PACERS except for one or 2 matches.

SO much was said and some learnings were also noted post our Australia Losses and England Losses and some pace friendly pitches were prepared but again in IPL all learnings were lost.

Even the Pitches did not support the SPINNERS much.

Result was Faster a bowler bowled, faster he was HIT or snicked to the boundary.

The complete IPL turned out to prove that Accurate trundlers like BHUVI, Dhwal Kulkarni,dyane bravo are greatest pacers in the world...even fast bowlers like Johnson, Morris, boult, English and RCB pacer Chris , morne morkel, dale steyn and other genuine fast bowlers flopped..including Umesh Yadav, varun aroon. though umesh and varun did not bowl that badly but on these wickets , they cud not succeed big.

shardul,nathu and few did not get a chance to bowl.

So over all not a very interesting IPL.

Batsman were batting as if they are playing tennis ball cricket..leaving wickets and batting... on fairly good tracks , batting like that is a sure shot secret to getting bowled or OUT.

Spinners also flopped.

Only batsman enjoyed.

PATTA wickets- Rubbish Pitches.

everybody is hitting morne morkel, chris Morris, ishant Sharma ,steyn and Johnson like toy bowlers , where as now when they will play them in tests , same batsman wont be able to play 6 balls and score 2 runs.

...Next IPL , I have decided to watch  matches where there is some life , some green , some swing or some Spin..definitely wont watch PATTA wickets.

BCCI- Live in the real world , create Pitches like all countries do....Totally disappointed.

what would a common cricket FAN think...Rohit Scoring 600 runs in IPL at a strike rate of 150+ and in ODI's and Tests not able to score a 50 at a strike rate of 50( 3 runs in an over).

Keep blaming the pitches. On Same pitches Bhuvi, Chahal, Sran, Nehra, Mutafizur, Watson, Mccleghan, Russell, Zampa, Bumrah, Sandeep, Morris, Zaheer, Dinda,  all bowled with lot of success. Heck even S Aravind bowled so well despite playing nearly all his matches at Chinnaswamy.

Can't use pitches as an excuse to hide incompetence of some of the fast bowlers.

Edited by Shoonya

Bhuvi bowled excellently yesterday, especially in the slog overs. He kept calm and bowled lots of good accurate quick yorkers and attempted yorkers.  Bowled to a plan too. Speeds  between 133 k and 144 k.   Well done.  Whenever a bowler can combine accuracy  with  pace/bounce ...he succeeds.  

He returned with none for only 25 runs off 4 overs in a high scoring match. .  Icing on the cake for him was the purple cap.

Sran was very expensive in a high scoring match.  Speeds between 135 k and 141 k .  Bowling figures 1 for 41 off 3 overs.

On 18/05/2016 at 3:42 PM, express bowling said:

Sandeep and Chahar are dwarf"s....bona.

Please don't talk about them as international prospects.

There was a dwarf called joginder sharma who once won us a final but still he was never asked to bowl again.

What I want to say is See Potential and don't get impressed by numbers.

Sandeep n deepak would also get wickets in india but still ignore them

On 30/05/2016 at 2:56 PM, vishalvirsingh said:

I need to give a closing sign off on this IPL and also on the Performance on Indian Pacers in this IPL.

Over all I am very disappointed by Curators and People who have been responsible for the PITCHES.

Pitches again were FLAT PATTA wickets and were death bed for PACERS except for one or 2 matches.

SO much was said and some learnings were also noted post our Australia Losses and England Losses and some pace friendly pitches were prepared but again in IPL all learnings were lost.

Even the Pitches did not support the SPINNERS much.

Result was Faster a bowler bowled, faster he was HIT or snicked to the boundary.

The complete IPL turned out to prove that Accurate trundlers like BHUVI, Dhwal Kulkarni,dyane bravo are greatest pacers in the world...even fast bowlers like Johnson, Morris, boult, English and RCB pacer Chris , morne morkel, dale steyn and other genuine fast bowlers flopped..including Umesh Yadav, varun aroon. though umesh and varun did not bowl that badly but on these wickets , they cud not succeed big.

shardul,nathu and few did not get a chance to bowl.

So over all not a very interesting IPL.

Batsman were batting as if they are playing tennis ball cricket..leaving wickets and batting... on fairly good tracks , batting like that is a sure shot secret to getting bowled or OUT.

Spinners also flopped.

Only batsman enjoyed.

PATTA wickets- Rubbish Pitches.

everybody is hitting morne morkel, chris Morris, ishant Sharma ,steyn and Johnson like toy bowlers , where as now when they will play them in tests , same batsman wont be able to play 6 balls and score 2 runs.

...Next IPL , I have decided to watch  matches where there is some life , some green , some swing or some Spin..definitely wont watch PATTA wickets.

BCCI- Live in the real world , create Pitches like all countries do....Totally disappointed.

what would a common cricket FAN think...Rohit Scoring 600 runs in IPL at a strike rate of 150+ and in ODI's and Tests not able to score a 50 at a strike rate of 50( 3 runs in an over).

Above was my closing comments of previous IPL.

I hope this time there are some greenish tracks or tracks with lil assistance to pacers and not flat dry patta"s where bouncers are such short of length balls that a batsman can play 4 type of strokes and sit and play pacers n players sweep pacers....

10 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Above was my closing comments of previous IPL.

I hope this time there are some greenish tracks or tracks with lil assistance to pacers and not flat dry patta"s where bouncers are such short of length balls that a batsman can play 4 type of strokes and sit and play pacers n players sweep pacers....

tum sahi bol rahe ho, per jab ye log international T20s ke liye thoda bhi fast bowling friendly pitch nahi banapate to tamasha T20s ke liye to banane se rahe. is baar bhi sab pitches patta hi banayege :agree:

On 07/02/2017 at 10:38 AM, zakk said:

tum sahi bol rahe ho, per jab ye log international T20s ke liye thoda bhi fast bowling friendly pitch nahi banapate to tamasha T20s ke liye to banane se rahe. is baar bhi sab pitches patta hi banayege :agree:

And rightly so. IPL is for entertainment and caters to a large set of different audience. It is not for developing prospects or bowlers or batsmen but in the process if they get the benefit then its bonus.

On 2/7/2017 at 10:38 AM, zakk said:

International pitches have some pace every where even in T 20.last IPL pitches were just too flat.

Shrewd bowlers like Dyane bravo succeeded.

Patta wickets do not help us to get batsman or bowlers.

Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.