Gambit

Site Feedback

guys policy suggestion --> site behaviour to deter trolls.

if a poster garners more than 50 down votes in over all reputation they not longer are able to give reactions

if more than 100 no longer able to create threads or post less than 200 words

if more than 250 no longer able to post ( etc)

9 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

I think we should open after India vs South Africa series is done on 18th. Is that okay? or if you or someone have suggestions to open earlier, open to hear. 

Would be great if it opens soon. No interest in SA series imo. IPL section is all fun and time pass.

Slow times, not much activity. How about having member interviews? We can start with the old timers, those who have been here since the 2000s like @Cricketics, @rahulrulezz, @sandeep ....I mean admins will know the veterans right? 

Or quiz section? Earlier we had a quiz sub section here, maybe add a timer and 15 questions with topic being general, WCs, CTs, iconic test series, keepers, spinners, IPL, venues, umpires etc. All of us can chip in and prepare questions, for instance I do 2019 WC edition, someone does 1971 WI series or 2009 IPL. We can prepare 60-70 such topics and open that section so that posters have some fun. Will be time consuming but worth the effort, more activity and interest in ICF....think about it admins. 

And why limit to just cricket quizzes? Other sports, movies, culture, history, politics, finance, geography, railways....endless topics. I am sure there are posters here who are knowledgeable about a wide range of topics, better a dedicated sub-section with timer, points table etc than threads, don't you think? 

4 hours ago, Gollum said:

Slow times, not much activity. How about having member interviews? We can start with the old timers, those who have been here since the 2000s like @Cricketics, @rahulrulezz, @sandeep ....I mean admins will know the veterans right? 

Or quiz section? Earlier we had a quiz sub section here, maybe add a timer and 15 questions with topic being general, WCs, CTs, iconic test series, keepers, spinners, IPL, venues, umpires etc. All of us can chip in and prepare questions, for instance I do 2019 WC edition, someone does 1971 WI series or 2009 IPL. We can prepare 60-70 such topics and open that section so that posters have some fun. Will be time consuming but worth the effort, more activity and interest in ICF....think about it admins. 

I would start with interview of guys like Beetle,  Lalloo, then Velu, Sandeep, yourself, Ankit Sharma etc as these guys have been there for long time or keeping things active and keeping the site going. Also there many whom I missed. Bur surely start with that order or any ordee you like. Just start a thread. 

On 4/25/2020 at 4:34 PM, maniac said:

Not able to login on Safari through IPhone. I just realized I was logged in on the chrome browser on my phone but not sure if its a safari only problem.

I have the same problem, Safari only, Chrome works, but it has its own issues

On 5/23/2020 at 4:11 PM, Nikola said:

Why is site so *ed up badly? in 2020 you don't expect that. Looks like site is dead and not actively maintained?

Seems to a common error, have requested admins with server access to look into this. 

@varun has been on top of it and has been working on fixing the issues. If you guys notice more issues, please do share. We are looking at few people to transfer the knowledge to among the current staff members, so that we do not face these issues again for longer periods and that whenever a server goes down, these issues can be fixed rite away by staff members. That will certainly help the website. For now, it is a thankless job which Varun and Ravi are doing and we appreciate their efforts but soon it will be important to take over the burden from them as an active mod/admin on ICF is very much the need of the hour for our site.

Thank you to all the members. 

On 5/23/2020 at 4:11 PM, Nikola said:

Why is site so *ed up badly? in 2020 you don't expect that. Looks like site is dead and not actively maintained?

Problem is not with technology or knowledge. Owners and admins are mostly 30-40 yo people with families and full time work. This website is mostly based on personal interest. So, often it's difficult to spend time to maintain it especially if it requires few hours of work in one go.

5 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Problem is not with technology or knowledge. Owners and admins are mostly 30-40 yo people with families and full time work. This website is mostly based on personal interest. So, often it's difficult to spend time to maintain it especially if it requires few hours of work in one go.

No problem. But if site is stable then why bugs and error occurs all of sudden?