Tata unveils Rs. 1 Lakh Car - Nano

sandtest

i will buy my car when car will run on water or air ... GoI should lift the subsidy on petrol and diesel....its Rs 9/Ltr.. when people will have to play Rs 60/Ltr...then we will see how many people travel in cars.. actually cycling should be advertised in such a way that it becomes cool and sophisticated for its users....then we will see cyclists on the roads. this Tata car will be the secondary car of the house... mainly for the woman of the house...Rads is Right...Now instead of Kinetic...Moms will use this car to pick their children from school bus..:D also i think....Numbers of cupid couples in parks will reduce...:D

i will buy my car when car will run on water or air ... GoI should lift the subsidy on petrol and diesel....its Rs 9/Ltr.. when people will have to play Rs 60/Ltr...then we will see how many people travel in cars.. actually cycling should be advertised in such a way that it becomes cool and sophisticated for its users....then we will see cyclists on the roads. this Tata car will be the secondary car of the house... mainly for the woman of the house...Rads is Right...Now instead of Kinetic...Moms will use this car to pick their children from school bus..:D also i think....Numbers of cupid couples in parks will reduce...:D
How about a boat or a helicopter?

Guest dada_rocks
I think there should be a ban one one nuclear family owning more than one car......That will help the traffic problem. +hybrid cars have to be encouraged.
So on the money...... Delhi mein to sala road ko parking space aban diya hai.. go to any colony on both sode of the road people park car reason the one car-space garage can't accomodate 2-3 cars.....

i will buy my car when car will run on water or air ...
Tata to build a car powered by compressed Air. http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&sectid=7&contentid=2008011020080110024131343817f8ceb t1.jpgA prototype of the ‘air car’. One of the many challenges of today’s society is maintaining our lifestyle with minimal repercussions to the environment. This is why ex-Formula One engineer, Guy N?gre, has invented a “zero pollution†car which involves no combustion. “It is clear that with oil at $100 a barrel, this will force people to change their use of fuel and pollute less,†Negre said. “My car is zero pollution in town and almost no pollution on the highways.†Founded in Luxembourg, Moteur Development International (MDI) has researched and developed the Air Car over 10 years. The MDI car – called CityCAT – can reach a speed of 150 kmph and has a road coverage of roughly 200 kilometres, which is more than double the road coverage of an electric car. When recharging the tank, the car needs to be connected to the mains (220V) for 3 to 4 hours or attached to an air pump in a petrol station for only 2 minutes. Economy and the ecological benefits are the main advantages of this car, since its maintenance cost is 10 times less than that of a petrol-run car, costing Rs 100 for the car to travel for up to 8 hours or to cover 200 kilometres in an urban area, its French developers say. Besides, the engine is efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and capable of other applications like power generation, they add. HOW IT WORKS Ninety-cubic-metres of compressed air is stored in fibre tanks. The expansion of this air pushes the pistons and creates movement. The atmospheric temperature is used to re-heat the engine and increase the road coverage. The air conditioning system makes use of the expelled cold air. Due to the absence of combustion and the fact that there is no pollution, the oil change is only necessary every 50,000 kilometres. At the moment, four models have been made: a car, a taxi (5 passengers), a pick-up truck and a van. MDI’s expansion has just begun and they have already signed 50 factories in Europe, America and Asia. THIS IS WHERE TATA COMES IN Tata Motors has signed an agreement with MDI for application of the technology in Indiaad_22.gif. “MDI has for many years been engaged in developing environment-friendly engines,†Negre said. “We are happy with our agreement with Tata Motors and will work with this important and experienced industrial group to develop a new and cost-saving technology for various applications for the Indian market that meets with severe regulations for environmental protection.†The Air Car designers are now working on a hybrid version that can compress air while it’s operating, potentially making cross-Indiaad_22.gif journeys possible. When contacted, Tata Motors’ Debasis Ray, who heads the company’s corporate communications said: “The Air Car still requires nearly two years of work, to refine its technology.†He added that the company would only discuss the price point for the vehicle, and its launch date after Tata Motors is ready to launch the car into the market.

Guest dada_rocks
Already there are people who keep car parked in garage just for show..Can t drive because it costs a fortune.. Indians are the most onstentatious people around,, .. sala Khoon mein kharabi hai.. And we are supposed to be karmyogi without attachment as per hinduism philosphy:hysterical:....

Already there are people who keep car parked in garage just for show..Can t drive because it costs a fortune.. Indians are the most onstentatious people around,, .. sala Khoon mein kharabi hai.. And we are supposed to be karmyogi without attachment as per hinduism philosphy:hysterical:....
this will be launched in July 2008... a delayed mother's day gift it means

Guest dada_rocks
This is brilliant. Many families which could never afford a car can now own one. And please dont blame the automobile industry for taffic jams .... we need a lot more roads in our country (especially in the 2nd & 3rd level towns).
You may be right politicians are to blame oke to put things in persepctive what our moron rulers have been upto over years u can gauge from the following snippet. During first 45 years of congress hegemony we saw 10 kms of road laying per month..This is utter incompetence During NDA we saw 10 kms road laying per day. Thank goodness for NDA's short term otherwise situation wud have been much grimmer.. Also thank Maj General Khanduri for his efficient job..These days he runs one of the cleanest administration in the country as CM in Uttarakhand.. Industry has responded now these freaking politicians need to respond and deliver..

Guest dada_rocks
this will be launched in July 2008... a delayed mother's day gift it means
Oke tab tak khatara bolero pe hi chalegi:hysterical:

too much preaching.....

Nice car , I wonder whats the max speed as I cant see it running at more than 100-110 km/hr. Plus if it doesnt have a "realistic" top speed of around 130 kms/h then it will be hard to promote overseas. PS: with petrol price rising I think tata can promote this car in many developed countries, in last few years the demand for small cars has gone up in developed countries

Vow, had some canadians in my office mention about this and they frankly liked the idea and actually wanted Canada to have these $2500 for a brand new car, thats cheap !!!!!!
now a days, its tough to find a used car which is in good condition for that price :haha:

it seems so much like the SMART car tht i had driven when i was in europe... i jus loved it and tried to import it after getting bak to the states... later found tht, it is arriving in states this year... they did a tour last yr and invited people to test-drive it in LA.... i loved the way it handled in the small european roads which is not too different from india.... i think, this Nano, if it handles anything like the sMART car will be a success... mind u, i think the SMART car is made by Mercedes...