'Yuvraj lacks fight, not just form'; should he be given another chance?

Mr. Wicket

The series is already gone. I would like Yuvraj to play the remaining two tests to clear any misconceptions that he and his supporters have about his future as a test batsman, once and for all. I don't think I have the patience to get into some long drawn discussions here again after he hits his next round of six sixers in some T20 match.

Rajput keen to give Yuvraj another go CNN-IBN's Sports Editor Gaurav Kalra caught up with a contented Lalchand Rajput who's isnt worried with added options India have going into the Perth Test. Gaurav Kalra: Can we safely say now that Virender Sehwag will play in Perth? Lalchand Rajput: Well, I think as I said earlier, he had a very good knock in the second innings. And I'm sure that our team management will decide that because even Karthik batted well, while Wasim Jaffer got runs in the first innings. So it's a good sign that there are three contenders for the opening spots. Gaurav Kalra: Sehwag brings something special to the opening batsman's slot. Lalchand Rajput: As you are aware, Sehwag, whenever he gets going he gets the fielding team on the defensive and that's very important to have a good start. I'm sure with the way he batted today, he looked like he was in his old touch. Gaurav Kalra: But that also means that you'll have to tinker with that opening combination, and with Dravid at three and Laxman at six. That will be another issue for you to think about. Lalchand Rajput: Before the Test match there are a lot of issues to think about, and I'm sure we will resolve all those issues. We have two days of net practice and then definitely we will have a team management meeting to decide on the final eleven. Gaurav Kalra: In your opinion not just as a coach but also as a cricket expert, do you believe it's time for Yuvraj to take a rest? Lalchand Rajput: I won't say that because every batsman goes through a phase where whatever he does it doesn't click. So I'm sure he can come back very, very strongly because he even hit a full toss straight to the fielder's hands. Normally when a batsman is in good nick that is normally a four. It shows that he is short of match practice, but I'm sure he will come back. Gaurav Kalra: Obviously a lot of talk that three seamers will need to play in Perth given the conditions that are there on that ground. So who will your thid seamer be? Lalchand Rajput: Well as I said, we have not seen the wicket yet and we don't know what the wicket is like. So definitely we will decide on it after we have a look at the wicket and then will think over it. http://www.cricketnext.com/news/rajput-keen-to-give-yuvraj-another-go/28899-14.html ----- Absolutely ridiculous. UV couldn't do jackshit vs ACT XI and they're still willing to test him out. FARKKKK

i think this is too much...no wonder y badrinath and them still didnt get chance in indian team and this is the reason y always indian team performing poor....once the player made good start they think that he should pick for all games even he fails in six innings....they dont understand that this is not gully cricket...

Guest HariSampath

Yuvraj had his 2 tests and has failed, so he must be dropped now. India should never give more than 2 continuous chances for any player whether it is Yuvraj, Sehwag, Sachin or Dravid. That is the only way the standards of performance can be raised. 2 failures means , move over other man gets in, you wait your turn again. Simple.