How was Pankaj Singh

kabira

Ok then, who will you choose for the third match? I suppose, India should remove Yuvraj and include Yuvraj in his place as an all rounder and they should choose Pankaj (give him one chance) in Bhajji's place or keep Bhajji and play. Drop Jaffer to include Sehwag. What do you say? I'm sure Pathan can do better than what Yuvi has done.

Ok then, who will you choose for the third match? I suppose, India should remove Yuvraj and include Yuvraj in his place as an all rounder and they should choose Pankaj (give him one chance) in Bhajji's place or keep Bhajji and play. Drop Jaffer to include Sehwag. What do you say? I'm sure Pathan can do better than what Yuvi has done.
We must be looking to increase our batting reserves, as that is thought to be the weaker aspect of our game at Perth. Therefore: Pathan in place of Bhajji. Sehwag in place of Jaffer. Karthik in place of Yuvi. Pathan & Sehwag can also do their bit with bat & ball respectively. Thereby, we can go in with four bowlers (RP, Ishant, Pathan & Kumble), with Sehwag, dada & Sachin used for some fill-in overs.
We must be looking to increase our batting reserves, as that is thought to be the weaker aspect of our game at Perth. Therefore: Pathan in place of Bhajji. Sehwag in place of Jaffer. Karthik in place of Yuvi. Pathan & Sehwag can also do their bit with bat & ball respectively. Thereby, we can go in with four bowlers (RP, Ishant, Pathan & Kumble), with Sehwag, dada & Sachin used for some fill-in overs.
I agree with this line up apart from Karthik in for Yuvraj. He will be as useless.

I think its not fair for us (as spectator) to blame BCCI solely for lack of pace bowlers in India. I mean these guys are 6 foot tall, they still don't manage to extract no pace or bounce from the wicket. Indian pitches are not that bad as it is made out to be for pace bowlers. Our youngsters are NOT willing to put an extra effort in generating pace. Also, India is a land where every child wants to be SRT and not Anil Kumble. Mentality towards being a bowler has to be adapted in upcoming Indian cricketers.

I agree with this line up apart from Karthik in for Yuvraj. He will be as useless.
I think most of the Indian supporters did not entertain the thought of dropping Yuvraj with a hope that the big knock is just around the corner. Unfortunately, he seems woefully out of touch/confidence at the moment. Again, a hard call against Yuvi since his fabulous 169 was just over a month ago. But, with Yuvi not doing anything of note even against this ACT bowling attack, it is only fair to give the spot to a player who is hitting the ball pretty well.
I think its not fair for us (as spectator) to blame BCCI solely for lack of pace bowlers in India. I mean these guys are 6 foot tall' date=' they still don't manage to extract no pace or bounce from the wicket. Indian pitches are not that bad as it is made out to be for pace bowlers. Our youngsters are NOT willing to put an extra effort in generating pace. Also, India is a land where every child wants to be SRT and not Anil Kumble. [b']Mentality towards being a bowler has to be adapted in upcoming Indian cricketers.
How can you bring abt a mentality towards being a (fast) bowler? I hope they can encourage and fast bowlers are given more rewards so that can be one encouragement to work towards?

Our youngsters are scared of injuries because the BCCI di\oesn't back them when they are injured because of cricket.What kind of insurance does the bcci have for fast bowlers who are prone to m ax injuries.To compound matters ...most fast bowlers are from middle class families from small towns. They are worried about their future.

I think its not fair for us (as spectator) to blame BCCI solely for lack of pace bowlers in India. I mean these guys are 6 foot tall' date=' they still don't manage to extract no pace or bounce from the wicket. Indian pitches are not that bad as it is made out to be for pace bowlers. Our youngsters are NOT willing to put an extra effort in generating pace. Also, India is a land where every child wants to be SRT and not Anil Kumble. Mentality towards being a bowler has to be adapted in upcoming Indian cricketers.[/quote'] That is not true, b_b. BCCI believes in killing the career of the pace bowlers. Tell me, do any two test series have the same set of pace bowlers? No. Because they are overworked and burnt out by useless ODIs in between where BCCI should introduce new pace bowlers for exposure and rotate the bowlers to prevent from burn outs. 2006 Pak series: Zaheer, Pathan, RPS 2006 England series : Pathan, Munaf 2006 WI series: Sree, Munaf, VRV 2006 SA series: Sree, VRV, Zaheer 2007 BD series: RPS, IS, Zaheer (?) 2007 Eng seies: Zaheer, RPS, Sree 2007 Pak series: Zaheer,Munaf, IS 2007-08 Aus series:Zaheer, RPS, IS ?? So no series has one set of bowlers and it is because of injury!! Where are Nehra, Balaji and others who were with us just 4 years back? They are injured and probably finished!
That is not true, b_b. BCCI believes in killing the career of the pace bowlers. Tell me, do any two test series have the same set of pace bowlers? No. Because they are overworked and burnt out by useless ODIs in between where BCCI should introduce new pace bowlers for exposure and rotate the bowlers to prevent from burn outs. 2006 Pak series: Zaheer, Pathan, RPS 2006 England series : Pathan, Munaf 2006 WI series: Sree, Munaf, VRV 2006 SA series: Sree, VRV, Zaheer 2007 BD series: RPS, IS, Zaheer (?) 2007 Eng seies: Zaheer, RPS, Sree 2007 Pak series: Zaheer,Munaf, IS 2007-08 Aus series:Zaheer, RPS, IS ?? So no series has one set of bowlers and it is because of injury!! Where are Nehra, Balaji and others who were with us just 4 years back? They are injured and probably finished!
So your argument is that our pace bowlers play too god damn much cricket ? But I thought for a cricketer playing more and more games is the ultimate thing. Bowlers can only blame themselves if they burn out. Fitness has to be taken care of by the bowler himself, BCCI is paying them enough to have all the necessary equipments to work out @ home or wherever they want. Our batsmen have survived the "hectic" schedule so why not bowlers ? Another fine example of bowler burning out: Shane Bond keeps getting injured despite the fact that Kiwi's play the least amount of cricket. So who is to be blamed for that NZ board or Bond himself ? Demands are high, so you have to brace yourself in such a manner that you are able to stand and deliver every time you step on the field.
BCCI is paying them enough to have all the necessary equipments to work out @ home or wherever they want. Our batsmen have survived the "hectic" schedule so why not bowlers ?
Wonder how can you say that. You think batting and pace bowling put same strain on the body? And no. BCCI doesn't have any equipment to provide at the grass-root level when a bowler is still growing physically, is in the formative stages and follows a particular regime to develop his body to make it stronger and withstand more rigours. Fitness training can't start at international level. Do you get my point? Read this thread if you want to read about pace bowlers and how they are treated in India and what should be done.

Yes, and deservedly so. Check the conditions and grounds where he got those inflated figures. Bengal's success in those two years was built on designer greentops and early starts at Kolkata where the ball would swing and opposition teams would be rolled over by SS Paul and Ranadeb Bose, two medium pacers bowling 115-125 kmh in very friendly conditions (with Sarkar and Dinda for backup). Very few showings with the ball in more neutral conditions. The selectors probably realized that there wouldn't be too many moist greentops with the ball swinging around corners in the first hour on overseas tours, so didn't pick Bose for anything beside England. Smart. Let them go for the likes of Ishant, Tyagi, Sreesanth, Murtaza Hussain and co., who all actually have the capability to do well in conditions that don't just suit them.

what about previous two seasons? I don't think he even got one test during that period. Oh plz don't tell me you think BCCI picks players based on performance in Ranji!!
Out of people whose style they think will succeed in international level, yes, domestic figures do hold importance.
Yes, and deservedly so. Check the conditions and grounds where he got those inflated figures. Bengal's success in those two years was built on designer greentops and early starts at Kolkata where the ball would swing and opposition teams would be rolled over by SS Paul and Ranadeb Bose, two medium pacers bowling 115-125 kmh in very friendly conditions (with Sarkar and Dinda for backup). Very few showings with the ball in more neutral conditions. The selectors probably realized that there wouldn't be too many moist greentops with the ball swinging around corners in the first hour on overseas tours, so didn't pick Bose for anything beside England. Smart. Let them go for the likes of Ishant, Tyagi, Sreesanth, Murtaza Hussain and co., who all actually have the capability to do well in conditions that don't just suit them.
But then why doesn't this principle apply to batsmen as well? pick batsmen who perform on difficult wickets! All I'm trying to say is that THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR EXPERIENCE. Ideally guys like Pankaj Singh and Ishant Sharma should play more ranji seasons on sporting wickets and then be picked for the national team. Which other country drafts such young bowlers into the national side?? Australia arguably has had the best attack for a while, and they almost always pick experienced bowlers from the domestic league.