How was Pankaj Singh

kabira

Pankaj is supposed to be 6'6 and he was pretty well built wen i watched him in the challengers.... he was clocking 135ish wen i saw him last.... i think, he is still raw and he needs specialized attention from MRF PF.... he has the potential to be 140+ and from tht height, it can be lethal....

I saw a few balls that he bowled and i wasnt exactly jumping in joy. While Ishant was making the ball reach the keeper at shoulder height' date=' VRV and Pankaj's balls were hardly carrying to the keeper.[/quote'] a few balls, even a few matches aren't enough to fully judge a bowler. He needs to be judged after 5 games atleast. And what game where you watching? There was a period when he was consistently troubling the right handers by mixing up his length beautifully and bowling good bouncers as well. He lost it later against the left hander but he showed promise

Because Indian selectors themselves think that players toiling away in Ranji is pointless, however Mr selector and co. there is no substitute for experience. Fix the facking domestic league, and then let these young lads play for a couple of years and then pick the proven performer.

There's hardly anything in the pitch for the pacers. I wouldn't be judging him based on his performance on this pitch. Also he's playing in Australia for the first time and he will need a bit of time to find the right line and length. When he banged it in short the ball just sat up about waist high offering an easy picking. It may take a game or two to see how this lad goes.