Two men I wouldnt want to be till the Perth test gets over

Ram

We always say the players are under tremendous pressure, but spare a thought for Asad Rauf and Billy Bowden. The whole world's scrutiny will be on them, EVERY decision of theirs will brought under the nanoscope.
[cynical mode on] So? They are paid to do it. [/cynic mode off]
BTW MM if they cannt handle the pressure of standing in a test match they shou not be umpiring in the 1st place. Nobody said it is an easy job.
Well said. If Bowdy and Rauf cant do well, pls. ask them to step down. They have no business officiating if they cant take pressure well.

I don't see any chance the umpiring quality getting better in the next game. Pretty much all the elite barring one or two are useless. Replacing umpires is not the answer here. They have to involve technology at the earliest if they don't need instances like the last test match repeating.

BTW MM if they cannt handle the pressure of standing in a test match they shou not be umpiring in the 1st place. Nobody said it is an easy job.
Well said. If Bowdy and Rauf cant do well, pls. ask them to step down. They have no business officiating if they cant take pressure well.
EVERY time i see such comments, I am reminded of this photo. image12.gif
is my statement incorrect according to you?
Its not the accuracy, but the relevance. Every time someone mentions the word Umpire, I suppose its just a matter of time before you come up with your " Oh, its adds to the charm/excitement" comment. It was so glaring esp in this thread, which is evidently not at all about the role of umpires.
Sriram...I just want as many correct umpiring decisions as possible ...and the wrong ones have to be unboiased.This is not possible with umpires like bucknor ....
I understand that, and thats a VERY reasonable demand.
As for the human element...I get enough of that from my mother in law!:D
:haha: