Indian players that perform poorly in domestic yet get long ropes in IPL

SecondSlip

On 11/04/2017 at 8:54 AM, SecondSlip said:

Yusuf Pathan - Seriously, what does KKR even see in this hack? How does he keep playing match after match over proven domestic performers like Sheldon Jackson & Ishank Jaggi? This guy is basically India's version of Shahid Afridi. Good for nothing tullebaaz that performs twice per season. There honestly has to be a better finisher (I guess that's his role :hysterical:) than him in the country! 

Manan Vohra - Just looking at this guy bat and you know why he averages so low in the domestic scene. He honestly looks like a batsman that can get out anytime, very poor in defence and stance isn't all that great either. The most messed up part is that KXIP retained him ahead of the 2013 season and shocked everyone! :hysterical: Is this guy honestly one of the best T20 openers in the nation? Surely can't be! 

Sreenath Aravind - How does this guy keep getting chances with RCB? There are at least 30 better pace bowlers than him in the country yet this guy keeps getting chosen over and over again by Bangalore and then they wonder why they have the worst bowling attack in the tournament! :hysterical: I have never seen this guy top the bowling charts ever in our domestic circuit! This current season, they have some talented pace bowlers like Aniket Chaudhry and Avesh Khan, lets see if they get chances by Virat when he returns. One thing for sure though, they can't do worse than Aravind! 

Sanju Samson - Despite playing IPL for the past 4 years, his batting seems to be regressing and getting worse each season! This boy has very poor numbers in the domestic scene but only god knows what Rahul Dravid sees in him that he has given him countless chances with both Rajasthan Royals and now Delhi Daredevils! Even a finished (as many ICFers claim) Dhoni is 100x the player than this overrated youngster beauty is! :hysterical: Please don't tell me that this guy is in the reckoning to replace MSD when he retires! 

Shadab Jakati - Who the hell even is this guy :hysterical: I just checked his cricinfo profile and just found out that he is already 36! What does Gujarat see in him that he has a massive backing from them since the past 2 season? There are so many young spinners in the country like Amir Gani, Mayank Dagar etc who actually have a future in Indian cricket and can learn so much in the IPL, yet this uncle is being persisted with no performances to back it! He even got a lot of games for CSK under Dhoni so this is nothing new! 

Please feel free to add more players into this list and write a brief description! If we want IPL to remain the best league in the world, then we need to weed out low quality like this out and replace them with top Indian performers (excluding national players). Its a win-win for both IPL & Indian Cricket :icflove: 

Samson, Pathan, Vohra all proving you wrong...:phehe:

26 minutes ago, DDfan2017 said:

Samson, Pathan, Vohra all proving you wrong...:phehe:

I am very happy that Vohra and Samson are proving me wrong lol. I love it when Indian youngsters outshine well known foreign players at a grand stage like IPL. 

Don't care about Pathan since he has no chance in representing Team India anymore 

7 minutes ago, SecondSlip said:

I am very happy that Vohra and Samson are proving me wrong lol. I love it when Indian youngsters outshine well known foreign players at a grand stage like IPL. 

Don't care about Pathan since he has no chance in representing Team India anymore 

Still Pathan is an integral part of KKR. Liked the way he took responsibility yesterday when their top order failed for the first time this season.

On 4/11/2017 at 8:54 AM, SecondSlip said:

Manan Vohra - Just looking at this guy bat and you know why he averages so low in the domestic scene. He honestly looks like a batsman that can get out anytime, very poor in defence and stance isn't all that great either. The most messed up part is that KXIP retained him ahead of the 2013 season and shocked everyone! :hysterical: Is this guy honestly one of the best T20 openers in the nation? Surely can't be! 

Sanju Samson - Despite playing IPL for the past 4 years, his batting seems to be regressing and getting worse each season! This boy has very poor numbers in the domestic scene but only god knows what Rahul Dravid sees in him that he has given him countless chances with both Rajasthan Royals and now Delhi Daredevils! Even a finished (as many ICFers claim) Dhoni is 100x the player than this overrated youngster beauty is! :hysterical: Please don't tell me that this guy is in the reckoning to replace MSD when he retires! 

570cf1e94fb5612042016183233.gif

Yusuf Pathan- has not been passenger for KKR actually. He is still playing crucial innings every now and then. For example, against DD, when KKR were 21/3, he played a match winning innings, which was as good as Pandey's. Yusuf is irreplaceable.

Rajat Bhatia- check his domestic stats. Averages 47 with bat, below 30 with ball. That's rare to find in India. Binny is nowhere near him. Actually Bhatia is very underrated. He deserved to be in team India 8-10 yrs back when we were in dire need of an allrounder. Bhatia has played numerous unforgettable innings for in Ranjis.

Bipul Sharma is another genuine allrounder who hasn't been credited with what he deserves.

Harbhajan- no matter whatever he does in domestic cricket, he has been the most consistent spinner in IPL this year. Has not given more than 6 RPO in any match.

Manan Vohra & Sanju Samson- these r two good talents to b ignored. I admit they r very inconsistent. But we never know when they will play a match winning innings. And that's already proven this year in IPL.. both played a gem of an innings each.