Hats off to Delhi think tank!!!

Ultimate_Game

On 30/12/2016 at 8:18 PM, laaloo said:

Wish Dhoni was a Pakistani too........ but we're not that lucky......

8 hours ago, laaloo said:

Classless? Which posts have been classless? Should I kiss dhonis ass like you to have more class like you? As I said before, I support minorities like Saha, yadav etc because dhoni chamchas like you like to **** on them at every opportunity. If that makes me classless, then so be it. The admins can remove me from Mod if I'm doing a bad job. Considering I havent even gotten an infraction for my posts yet proves the admins are fine with me.

2 hours ago, asterix said:

I think he was selected initially but after playing some series he made some political comments regarding Kashmir... And you know Kohli, he's very nationalistic and won't take such BS.... must've put his foot down and got rid of him... or maybe BCCI itself got rid of him..,

He didn't make political comments, he was found chewing gum during the national anthem before the start of the last match he played.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

How is Delhi squad better? In your dreams? DD don't have a single established international t20 batsman. 20-22 year old youngsters will never be consistent or good enough to win you matches consistently in this format.

It's a misconception that young, inexperienced players can't be consistent. Yes, it would have been great to have an established international batsmen, but can't help due to injuries to De Kock and Duminy. Still Morris, Anderson are good enough batsmen for t20s, so is Mathews.

8 hours ago, asterix said:

WHAT? I've been down voted? :((:((:((

What will I do now... some bright sunshine living in MP has down voted me... :((:((

He's heaped the ultimate humiliation ever possible in discussion forums... :((:((

What'll I do now ...Where will I go now! I mean the humiliation of a nobody from MP down voting me.... :((

OMG they must be giggling in their puny little Dhoni fans W/A group giving high fives...

Here, take this you up vote down vote playing prima donnas...

:finger:

:giggle:

Lol you got a problem with MP?

You're also proving that classless statement even though I didn't mention you :giggle:

6 minutes ago, DDfan2017 said:

It's a misconception that young, inexperienced players can't be consistent. Yes, it would have been great to have an established international batsmen, but can't help due to injuries to De Kock and Duminy. Still Morris, Anderson are good enough batsmen for t20s, so is Mathews.

As I said earlier ,DD will always be an incomplete team in absence of an intl batsman.Only way to counterbalance it is by including both Matthews and Corey in the side.

Rishabh

Sanju

Iyer

Billings

Corey

Matthews(use him as a floater,ideally he should be nowhere in the side but you have to do with what you have got)

Morris

Shami

Mishra

Nadeem

Zak

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Anderson wasn't fit. People are seriously overrating DD squad. They have a very ordinary team. They don't have a single established bankable batsman. They have 1-2 good pacers in Morris and Cummins. Very average spinners.

They have Shami, Rabada, Hilfenhaus too... Not just 1-2 good Pacers. 4-5 world class fast bowlers.. Mishra, Nadeem, M Ashwin, CV Milind, form a very good bunch of spinners. Each of them much better than India's so called frontline spinners R Ashwin and Jadeja. Thing is we go by big names rather than performance, so you call them average spinners. It's bad luck that both De Kock and Duminy are missing, so don't have an established batsman. Still the present bunch of young Indian batsmen with the support of Morris and Anderson can do better than established batsmen like Dhawan, Yuvi, Rohit, Dhoni, Smith, Rahane.. See none of the teams have too many established international batsmen. Two teams doing the best, KKR and MI, too have none except Rohit.. KKR is winning on the virtue of Gambhir, Pathan, Pandey, Uthappa, Narine- no one is an established international t20 batsman.. Same with MI- only an out of form Rohit, rest all r young players or bits and pieces like Pollard.. teams with established batsmen like RCB, RPS, GL, KXIP are playing the worst. So there is no reason to think DD is overhyped. If KKR and MI can do so well with their batting line up, so can DD.

24 minutes ago, DDfan2017 said:

It's not a misconception. Misconception is t20 being youngsters game. Mathews is useless. Anderson barely played anything. Only Morris is good.

Edited by rkt.india

13 minutes ago, BCCI said:

As I said earlier ,DD will always be an incomplete team in absence of an intl batsman.Only way to counterbalance it is by including both Matthews and Corey in the side.

Rishabh

Sanju

Iyer

Billings

Corey

Matthews(use him as a floater,ideally he should be nowhere in the side but you have to do with what you have got)

Morris

Shami

Mishra

Nadeem

Zak

I would prefer Ankeet Bawne instead of Mathews, a foreign bowler Rabada/Cummins instead of Shami/Zak, and Mishra can be given rest in the next match, and include CV Milind. Milind has had a great domestic season. Bowling is Delhi's strength and can't compromise with bowling to strengthen the batting. Corey and Mathews both can fail together, but Cummins or Rabada can be expected not to fail miserably.

27 minutes ago, DDfan2017 said:

I would prefer Ankeet Bawne instead of Mathews, a foreign bowler Rabada/Cummins instead of Shami/Zak, and Mishra can be given rest in the next match, and include CV Milind. Milind has had a great domestic season. Bowling is Delhi's strength and can't compromise with bowling to strengthen the batting. Corey and Mathews both can fail together, but Cummins or Rabada can be expected not to fail miserably.

With Bawne again there will be problem of not batting at the right slot. Zak,Morris and Shami is not a bad bowling attack at all.

1 hour ago, BeautifulGame said:

Jadeja averages 30+ in ODIs .Which is actually pretty good for an all rounder and definitely excellent for a no.8

And Rayadu with his awful strike rate has no place in the indian team.This is the 80s.

Also he averages 50+ be he played a lot against Zimbabwe.Exclude that his average is in mid 30s with a ridiculous SR in mid 70s.Joke stats for a top order batsman.

You can check Rayudu's runs against each nation: 

http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/statistics/Players/PlayerOpponents_ODI.asp?PlayerID=4069

His S/R in mid 70s is because he didnt need to score fast in those games. And his S/R against Zimbabwe is 72 actually, lower than his career S/R and against West Indies, it's 69. Otherwise his strike rate is above 90 against each of the more powerful teams, viz Srlanka, Pakistan and Australia. Yes, he played just 1 innings each against Aussies and Pakistan, still maintaining 90+ strike rate in those 2 innings against these 2 major nations, and also in 6 innings against Srilanka is, by no means, joke stats. He averages 53 even against Sri Lanka in 6 innings with S/R 90. Against England too, he averages 50 in 5 innings.

And Jadeja with a batting average of 32 would have been great if he averaged below 30 in bowling @ around 4.5 per over. But a bowling average close to 35, with economy 4.9 is not acceptable for the frontline spinner. Still he has an edge only coz of his fielding. And his batting average is illusive that comes as a result of 31 not out innings in 90 innings.

Btw his S/R against Zimbabwe is 75, against west indies 65, against Pakistan and Sri lanka its 80. And worst is against Australia, averaging 18 with S/R 69. See, you dont find much difference in the strike rates of Jadeja and Rayudu, while Jadeja at 8 is supposed to have much higher strike rate..

http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerOpponents_ODI.asp?PlayerID=3644

Edited by DDfan2017

15 minutes ago, BCCI said:

With Bawne again there will be problem of not batting at the right slot. Zak,Morris and Shami is not a bad bowling attack at all.

Shami can often leak runs. Then DD won't have back up bowlers for damage control, because Zak can't bowl in death overs. Bawne can be used as a floater like Mathews. I dont see Mathews batting with a higher struke rate than any of the young Indian batsmen.

5 minutes ago, DDfan2017 said:

Shami can often leak runs. Then DD won't have back up bowlers for damage control, because Zak can't bowl in death overs. Bawne can be used as a floater like Mathews. I dont see Mathews batting with a higher struke rate than any of the young Indian batsmen.

Well he is an intl batsman thats why I thought he may get a chance ahead of someone like Bawne. Shami was poorly used in the last match,would like to see him bowl with the new ball and then at the death.

46 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

It's not a misconception. Misconception is t20 being youngsters game. Mathews is useless. Anderson barely played anything. Only Morris is good.

But it was Anderson who took DD score from an average 165ish to 180 in the only game he played. He can do even better in coming matches.

A big problem with DD is Mishra going for runs, he needs to do what Bhajji is doing constantly for MI, or Chahal for RCB..

3 hours ago, BeautifulGame said:

Jadeja averages 30+ in ODIs .Which is actually pretty good for an all rounder and definitely excellent for a no.8

And Rayadu with his awful strike rate has no place in the indian team.This is the 80s.

Also he averages 50+ be he played a lot against Zimbabwe.Exclude that his average is in mid 30s with a ridiculous SR in mid 70s.Joke stats for a top order batsman.

Jadeja's batting can't be trusted in ODi's. He plays as a bowler for me always in LOI cricket. 

1 hour ago, DDfan2017 said:

But it was Anderson who took DD score from an average 165ish to 180 in the only game he played. He can do even better in coming matches.

A big problem with DD is Mishra going for runs, he needs to do what Bhajji is doing constantly for MI, or Chahal for RCB..

Corey is good but he has not been fit.

1 hour ago, Cricketics said:

Jadeja's batting can't be trusted in ODi's. He plays as a bowler for me always in LOI cricket. 

Yes, a bowler who averages almost 35, still cricket experts, for so many years, have considered him one of the two best spinners in India..:no:

9 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Anderson wasn't fit. People are seriously overrating DD squad. They have a very ordinary team. They don't have a single established bankable batsman. They have 1-2 good pacers in Morris and Cummins. Very average spinners.

Nadeem is one of the best spinners. Watch him bowl sometime and you will see. The guy has an ER of 4.9 this IPL not by being "average". Delhi squad is one of the better IPL squads with no major weaknesses and with nearly every base covered. So far they have lost matches and under-achieved thanks to their weird tactics and team selection.

9 hours ago, rkt.india said:

How is Delhi squad better? In your dreams? DD don't have a single established international t20 batsman. 20-22 year old youngsters will never be consistent or good enough to win you matches consistently in this format.

Delhi squad is better coz they have potentially an explosive opening pair in Billings and Pant. They have a decent youngish top order in Samson and Iyer. They have explosive middle and lower order in Morris and Anderson backed by Mathews. They have one of the best pace attack in Cummins, Morris, Shami and Zak. And they have a good spin attack in Nadeem and Mishra. They have a wkt keeper batsman who's explosive and brimming with talent in Pant and have all-rounders who can change the match on their own. Delhi squad is a solid one with good options at every position but sadly the team combination and batting lineup has left a lot to be desired.

12 hours ago, Cricketics said:

That is why i am asking you why he doesn't get picked every series since you keep saying it is quota pick? Why only some series? He was picked recently and that series wasn't even after IPL.

I think some selector just likes him a lot and hence he keeps picking Rasool instead of others who deserve more. 

I doubt selectors see much in him. Once the "political correctness" and the fake "quota" agenda is fulfilled, you won't see him in the squad. The guy is as ordinary as they come. Rasool's as average spinner and can't do much with the bat and shouldn't even be in the India A squad if players are selected on merit.