Calling the resident Stat-master - Bheems.

gator

Would you be able to find out which team has conceded more runs to the lower 5 wkts than the top 5 wickets maximum number of times... i have a nagging suspicion, it is India.... hopefully, we dont do it this time.... we do have a glaring weakness of inability to finish off things... and this is not even recent, it has happened too many times... the instances which hurt me the most was when Ian Smith, the kiwi keeper caned us all over the park and scored almost a run a ball 170 and the other was when Akmal scored a century after we had the paakis on the mat at 27 for 6....

First of all, hats off to u Bheems... Terrific work.... Secondly, unbelievable stats... if i was asked to take a guess, i would have exactly predicted the reverse order.... if u take away the newbies Zim and SL, India has allowed the opposition tail to wag the least percent and still we always carry the stigma of being a team incapable of finishing the opposition off when they are on the mat....

Guest dada_rocks

Bangaldesh is at the bottom and u might be tempted to think they don't let lower order batsmen score much against them but then there is a catch.. Against them top-order invariably finishes the job so lower orde if at all required service of has to do the slogging job..

And now cricinfo do stat work on the exact same topic: http://content-www.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/current/story/331696.html Always playing catchup :P
These guys have no shame. This is not the first time. Right from the old joint whenever BB or I put up some kind of interesting stats, it was immediately followed up by a cricinfo article. I mean, at least have the intellectual honesty to put a reference or if not that at least say a kind word or two to the guys from whom you took the idea.