Anil Kumble steps down as coach

22 minutes ago, maniac said:

This is almost like that Amir was a naive 19 year old so his fixing is justified argument.

Grow a thick skin and move on.

Its Indian culture..,elder yells at you even if you are not wrong...you brush it off ignore and move on.

My uncle got on my nerves  few months back when I went to India ,making fun of my unflattering belly when he himself can hands down win the most out of shape man contest. I just smiled,laughed it off and moved on.

You get paid millions and can't take criticism 

What a bunch of sensitive pansies.

Pathetic!!!

As someone pointed out earlier, Young India is more confident, proud and arrogant. They do not take this argument of elders who starts with "Maine tumse zyada Diwali dekhi hai...etc etc" and then goes on to give a lecture on morals. I believe people learn how to balance between the both sides as they grow older. Kohli is a little spoilt in that aspect. If he has to captain Indian team for long time, he must learn to bridge the gaps and bring a little more balance in behavior. And I feel this incident is going to be big lesson for him for long time in his life. 

4 minutes ago, Brainfade said:

Again, I am not advocating that he do a "good job ... well done" all the time.

You guys refuse to read exactly what I wrote.  So, here goes again:  Criticism is a must.  But it is a coach's job to know how and when to dish it out.  And it is not when the guys are already down.  

It wasn't a close game for him to console them...it was a pure disaster.

Noballs,Wides,Fielding errors,defensive line and length,While batting getting out due to some rookie mistakes, that pathetic selfish runout etc etc....if that doesn't flip the switch of a coach than he should be fired regardless.

Edited by maniac

Here is my position on AK:

(1) Among India's top 5 cricketers ever.  

(2) Extremely intelligent, analytical, honest, tough, disciplined, stubborn, articulate.

(3) Deserved a shot at the coaching job.

(4) Current evidence indicates he has no idea how to use tough love to groom and nurture young talent.

(5) Would be great as an analytically brilliant, dictatorial CEO.  Not a coach.  Two. different. skill. sets.

6 minutes ago, maniac said:

It wasn't a close game for him to console them...it was a pure disaster.

Noballs,Wides,Fielding errors,defensive line and length,While batting getting out due to some rookie mistakes, that pathetic selfish runout etc etc....if that doesn't flip the switch of a coach than he should be fired regardless.

If switch flips, flip it back off until after the hoopla has died down.  And then explain to them why they f*d up and what they need to do to get better.  I guess we just have different coaching philosophies.    

6 minutes ago, Brainfade said:

Here is my position on AK:

(1) Among India's top 5 cricketers ever.  

(2) Extremely intelligent, analytical, honest, tough, disciplined, stubborn, articulate.

(3) Deserved a shot at the coaching job.

(4) Current evidence indicates he has no idea how to use tough love to groom and nurture young talent.

(5) Would be great as an analytically brilliant, dictatorial CEO.  Not a coach.  Two. different. skill. sets.

100% Agreed here on 1-3 and 5

Edited by maniac
4 minutes ago, Brainfade said:

If switch flips, flip it back off until after the hoopla has died down.  And then explain to them why they f*d up and what they need to do to get better.  I guess we just have different coaching philosophies.    

Everyone knew what was going to happen . 

Only few hours were left before he lost his right to blast .

So must have did it in quick time .

Hope he had given time to team to remove sweaty undies before blasting  !