Hindi is Our National Language, Important to Learn it: Venkaiah Naidu

Rohit S. Ambani

Has anyone of you ever got treated by a defense medical officer. Has your diagnosis been in Hindi? Is your prescription in Hindi. Please visit Afmc. It allows civilians. If you find your prescription and diagnosis in Hindi, share here. I will personally file a complaint. If they write madhumeh on your diagnosis instead of diabetes. Or if they write kark rog or hriday rog.

Edited by Haarkarjeetgaye

5 minutes ago, Lannister said:

To tell you the truth, I do speak Hindi but not as much fluent. 

Glad you made an attempt to learn. Exchange is the best way. I learnt Very basic stuff from my friends and taught them a bit of Hindi.

by the way there are NRIs , OCIs also who don't know Hindi.

14 minutes ago, Lannister said:

To tell you the truth, I do speak Hindi but not as much fluent. 

Ahh..Too late, by now the person you were replying to would have edited at 10 places that he knows 3 people who dont know Hindi. 

@haarkar, Jaa bhai, ja kar 3 se 2 kar de phir se.

19 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

Ahh..Too late, by now the person you were replying to would have edited at 10 places that he knows 3 people who dont know Hindi. 

Watch out for that low range missile that's headed towards your arse, and don't come running towards south. Because, then, you might want to learn our language.

Edited by Lannister

31 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

Thank you for pointing out my name. Don't think you have taken this discussion seriously. You want Hindi to spread across that's why comments like everyone in Orissa knows Hindi. Heck even APJ the head of defense forces and this country did not know Hindi. Share your experiences.  You have not come across 3 people who do not know Hindi ?

1 hour ago, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

We will also struggle to push it in Haryana also as the only language. In remote villages people only know shudh Haryanvi. A Hindi person may not even understand what is being said

So you know the meaning of hindi term "apbhransh" before making such claims. We are 1.2 billion people, Five fingers arent same.

My cricket team is full of people all over India and pakistan. Preferred language is Hindi apart from that one tamil guy with whom we speak English.

If you still feel so much against Hindi, simple thing would be to visit a IIT, NIT hostel where you can hear by yourself what language students speak

Edited by mishra

20 minutes ago, mishra said:

So you know the meaning of hindi term "apbhransh" before making such claims. We are 1.2 billion people, Five fingers arent same.

My cricket team is full of people all over India and pakistan. Preferred language is Hindi apart from that one tamil guy with whom we speak English.

If you still feel so much against Hindi, simple thing would be to visit a IIT, NIT hostel where you can hear by yourself what language students speak

Have visited. Even IIM. There also you will find people who do not know Hindi. Are you sure everybody knows Hindi there? Does your marksheet come in Hindi. The degree come in hindi? If you are so confident, push Hindi in Haryana. It is a BJP ruled state. Why are they not doing it. Even Orissa. Let's do it. By the way I know apbhransh means impure. Haryanvi is  very different. Not sure if you can call it impure Hindi. Marathi may be a lot closer.

five fingers are not same but if you force the thumb to be an index finger, hand will become less it's worth . Also I am not against Hindi but there some fraudulent claims here that military uses Hindi and Everybody in Orissa knows Hindi. They need to be corrected

23 minutes ago, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

Have visited. Even IIM. There also you will find people who do not know Hindi. Are you sure everybody knows Hindi there? Does your marksheet come in Hindi. The degree come in hindi? If you are so confident, push Hindi in Haryana. It is a BJP ruled state. Why are they not doing it. Even Orissa. Let's do it. By the way I know apbhransh means impure. Haryanvi is  very different. Not sure if you can call it impure Hindi. Marathi may be a lot closer.

five fingers are not same but if you force the thumb to be an index finger, hand will become less it's worth . Also I am not against Hindi but there some fraudulent claims here that military uses Hindi and Everybody in Orissa knows Hindi. They need to be corrected

So in IIM you didnt hear Hindi in hostels?

Yes,Hindi cant compete with a rich language as English in various spheres. But people do find it eaisier to use it in day today language. Infact i have seen third generation Gujjus managing Hindi in cricket grounds.

Point is no one eats mangifera Indica. We all eat "aam"

Edited by mishra

7 minutes ago, mishra said:

So in IIM you didnt hear Hindi in hostels? Hindi cant compete with a rich language as English in various spheres. But people do find it eaisier to use it in day today language. Infact i have seen third generation Gujjus managing Hindi in cricket grounds.

Point is no one eats mangifera Indica. We all eat "aam"

Yes I have but not all do it. English is still the medium of any formal communication. There is a good amount who do not know Hindi and they don't find it important to know it. How difficult it is to accept that and also that Mr Naidu is playing linguistic politics. Do it bhai. Make Hindi compulsory in BJP ruled states. That will set an example. Heard of mango? Mampalam? or only aam? Hope you have seen the diversity in india. To me that is the biggest course to be called an Indian. Not just being born in it.

14 minutes ago, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

Yes I have but not all do it. English is still the medium of any formal communication. There is a good amount who do not know Hindi and they don't find it important to know it. How difficult it is to accept that and also that Mr Naidu is playing linguistic politics. Do it bhai. Make Hindi compulsory in BJP ruled states. That will set an example.

All do it, is ideal but most do it. Now if government is trying to enable all can do it what is wrong in that. Next time a tamil man will be able to find his way in Delhi. Or a sardarji will be able to find his wayaround in chennai?  Is it good ghing or bad thing?

Only reason to oppose a language like hindi is to feed on regionalist politics, however the same chewtiyas complain when likes of shiv sena take the feeling one step further with marathi manus and jai maharashtra

Edited by mishra

11 minutes ago, mishra said:

All do it, is ideal but most do it. Now if government is trying to enable all can do it what is wrong in that. Next time a tamil man will be able to find his way in Delhi. Or a sardarji will be able to find his wayaround in chennai?  Is it good ghing or bad thing?

Only reason to oppose a language like hindi is to feed on regionalist politics, however the same chewtiyas complain when likes of shiv sena take the feeling one step further with marathi manus and jai maharashtra

Government is not doing it. They are creating a euphoria. If they have to do it, then start with your ruled states. What is the problem in that? This is regionalistic politics. 

define most? By 2001 census only 40 pc speak Hindi in India. Most should've at least 50 pc by land and people. In my opinion around 80 pc.

your point about shiv sena is not clear. You are saying people who oppose Hindi also shout against Shiv Sena. Thought their fight was mostly with North Indians and Hindi speaking people , up and Bihari specifically. Please elaborate on your point though. I know marathi to a good extent and my maharashtrians friends appreciate that. 

one  can easily start in English and gradually learn basic stuff in the native language. That we find an issue and feel lazy to do. why not we all learn Tamil or kannada or Telugu. Most jobs anyway originate from BANGALORE CHENNAI and Hyderabad.