High time: drop Jaffer

maaki

Lets just leave Jaffa in Australia and see how long he will last.. Express pace he cannot handle.. Even against Pak.. Shoaib got to him a couple of times using the same ploy first short and the full.. It not the lack of runs why everybody wants to boot him but it is the way he gets out.. every body knows his weakness now and Aus have the pace to exploit it.. Jaffa take this :finger:

This is pathetic criticism to say the least. Are we all out of our minds. This was his first Aus tour and we are talking about worlds best bowler who has taken 100+ wkts in last 2 years. Do you expect opener to do better against him? Even dravid stuggled against them while opening. Please do not dream on Sehwag too. He would have score 50-60 runs more than Jaff. But rememeber, it is tough out there. When RD, SRT and Gangs couldn't survive in half the innings, why do you expect Jaffa to make 100s?? 3 innings of the last 4 of the most successful opener of Aus reads 0, 8, 16. That is because even indian bowlers have got maximum of these wkts too. Even the best in the business average little. RP-21, AG-24, MC-23, MSD-17. So are you going to take these guys off? I would continue to play Jaffy as he is only going to get better.
I will take it. Irrespective of Perth test result' date=' Jaffer is not playing 4th test. Ok, $2000, I am in. pl confirm, coffee[/quote'] Ok, will take you on that. Terms are if Jaffer is on in 11, I will give you 2000. Else you will give me, 2000. I will not believe in emergency fitness problem nonsense. I know whenever Indian players are dropped they would get some nagging fitness issue also.

With Pathan's performance in this test, and the fact that if you want to play two spinners and three fast bowlers anywhere in the world, it is Adelaide. The ball does swing a bit there and spinners are handy on the last two days, I think Jaffer will be left out. But despite his failures it should not mean the end of the road for him. They guy has performed creditably for the last couple of years unlike some poster boys who keeps hogging a spot in the side for nothing.

Jaffer's form has been poor this series. If we play 5 bowlers, he should make way at Adelaide. I think the best thing for India would be to make a decision ASAP, and not keep him in Australia if he doesn't play in Adelaide. He's the sort who needs match practice to regain form and confidence. Look ahead, think of at having him as a fixture at least in the main 12/13 that we'll play in the next test (post-Adelaide) v. South Africa at home. If we decide that he doesn't play at Adelaide, fly him back home ASAP so he can play Duleeps as much as possible and have the best chance of getting back to form.

naa, i don't think he needz match practice.. he is good.. if he goes back and play any game @ home, he will be scoring runz again.. it's just that he is having this bad patch.. guy has scored runz in almost each and every cricketing nation now whereever he played.. it's just that he is short of confidence here in australia in fron't of aussie attack who are bowling decently.. i hope he is not dropped after this series it would have been good if Aakash chopra would have been picked instead of dinesh karthik in this squad.. then we would have had an ideal replacement for jaffa for adelaide test.. sucks that karthik is in squad and that makes me think, why not play jaffer yet again in adelaide