High time: drop Jaffer

maaki

Jaffer has failed to read Bret Lee pace and has barely lasted more than 12 balls.. He deserves to take the seat or once again we will start from the bottom.. Karthik deserves a chance based on Jaffers bad perfomance.. If Jaffer is in the side hopefull Dravid opens, other wise we have another failed opening partnership..

Jaffer has failed to read Bret Lee pace and has barely lasted more than 12 balls.. He deserves to take the seat or once again we will start from the bottom.. Karthik deserves a chance based on Jaffers bad perfomance.. If Jaffer is in the side hopefull Dravid opens, other wise we have another failed opening partnership..
I think Jaffer's efforts on this tour have been anything but convincing. Karthik must be in the team, but having a new opening pair for the Perth game is simply not on! I'm all for retaining at least one opener in that place. With Sehwag in the team, Dravid can be a perfect foil. Karthik can do a better job at #6 than Yuvi (in his current miserable form). Oh well...we'll find out shortly:nervous:

What i hate about Jaffer 1> inspite of being a opener he plays like a tailender.. poking at ball way outside off stump.. 2> Cannot adjust between short pitched and full pitched bowling.. or probably cannot sight bret lee.. 3> With Tait.. Got help him... We will give Bret Lee a freebie..

Kartik opening ..he took 5 innings to post a decent score' date=' that too in the MO against the weak Pak attack. Him opening is worse than Jaffer at the moment. Jaffer has a decent outing in Canberra. So has Sehwag. So, they need to get in. If Jaffer fails in perth, I would get kartik in for Jaffer in Adelaide.[/quote'] I have to agree. Jaffer has been irritating the hell out of everyone by playing like a tailender. But KKD is not going to be far superior. Try WJ at Perth, if he does not show a better score, then KKD at Adelaide.
I have to agree. Jaffer has been irritating the hell out of everyone by playing like a tailender. But KKD is not going to be far superior. Try WJ at Perth, if he does not show a better score, then KKD at Adelaide.
So Mr Bunny rabbit gets out in his typical style... Karthik for next match i guess
Yes, WJ was given enough # of chances, but that idjet messed up. KKD shud be getting a chance now at Adelaide.
Guest HariSampath

Jaffer should go, it is high time. India got off to starts of 57 and 45 in the 2 inngs but that was because of Sehwag's aggresiion. I think the way Irfan played in 1st inngs against 2nd new ball and the fact he has been sent up as nightwatchman confidently suggests that team management may open with Irfan next test and play 5 bowlers, and that will be a very smart move because if we do win this test, a great chance to equalise the test series with 5 bowlers

Dinesh Karthik is not too flash against fast bowlers either, he struggled greatly against Akhtar. I think that either Chopra or Gambhir should be selected for India's next Test squad as the first choice opener. It is a tough one though, which one to choose. Chopra has scored more runs this season, but Gambhir has scored his runs at a better average. In other news, it is good to see Sehwag scoring 29 in the first innings and already off to a flier in the second innings.