Techie Jumped From 4th Floor, Said 'No Job Security' In Suicide Note

Haarkarjeetgaye

22 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

The guy was 25 and he was still in company provided hotel accommodation , which means he joined not more than 2 weeks back . The company he joined I think came in the Top5 best companies to work for in this years survey . I find it difficult to believe job security was the reason .

if that indeed was the reason , I have no sympathy for such people . He was going to kill himself some day for some other reason anyway . Feel sorry for his father and sister , they are the ones who are going to suffer now . 

Hotel stay can also be on change of location 

15 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

I am incredibly astounded at obsession of Andhra guys with IT jobs in America. They have a dedicated group of people who takes your interview for 500$. In Indian companies if they have power to hire they hire only telugu guys not from other states. Their resume is full of fake jobs, fake degrees. They resort to gambling a lot to make money. Money , money, money. They go to any length. Recently one guy killed daughter of his friend in a botched ransom attempt.  Sorry for stereotyping. IT job is not the only job in the world. Wake up. There are lot more satisfying job out there. 

I have been guilty of doing this , but to be honest in this case by default most Andhra guys fall into the category you described . I have had cases where the person I took interview through skype was some one and the guy who turned up after 45 days someone else , when we question he goes absconding  and we call the backup to fillin who was a girl and guess what ? This girl was better prepared and tells me I took hee interview with a straight face . lol

Unfortunately some genuine ones will also suffer , cos these days the fake exp/degree is well known and I have had managers tell me to not hire Andhra guys when am taking interviews . 

And I wont be surprised if this guy went to Pune cos its relatively easier to get a Visa from Mumbai than Chennai for IT guys , but for that you have to spend 6 months in the region . 

What is the importance of discussing a suicide? Is it implied that Ind should not be losing jobs? 

With population > opportunities, such things could continue

One solution is to employ a system where regular employees voluntarily work for 4 days, while giving 1-2 days to others. To illustrate, for a receptionist position, a company would hire 2 ppl instead of one. The main candidate would work for 4 days, while the other candidate would work for 1-2 days

Instead of a competitive environment where winners take all, work place slowly becomes a cooperative environment which accomodates both talent and those who need jobs

Edited by zen