Gotta love dada supporters

Dravid

KOLKATA: Train services in two sections of Eastern Railway were on Monday affected as irate supporters of Sourav Ganguly put up a blockade at Barasat in North 24 Parganas protesting against the cricketer's exclusion from the Indian team for the triangular tournament in Australia. The protestors, comprising mainly young men, started the blockade at 10.05 am, raising slogans demanding that Ganguly be reinducted into the team, according to an Eastern Railway spokesman. "We want Dada back. It's a conspiracy," the protestors shouted. As a result, train services between Barasat-Bongaon and Barasat-Hasnabad sections were affected. The Indian selectors had on Sunday dropped Ganguly and also left out two other senior pros, Rahul Dravid and VVS Laxman, while announcing the squad for the tri-series which will also feature Australia and Sri Lanka. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

this is just over reaction...no doubt that DADA did good come bak but then if u see last two series against pakistan and austraia then it wasnt that good performance by DADA...and i think now its time for him to end one day cricket...he is not that fit on the fied and many of us observed that in the past test matches so this is the good step BCCI did...

Guest dada_rocks
fckin idiots' date=' I swear. Don't these guys have to go to work or something ? Dada's not gonna feed your family numbnuts[/quote'] u have o idea about level of unimployment.. when i visit india at least 10 guys roma around me in hope of some chaipaan.. yes that's how jobless these sobs are.... there is no lack of job very poor ones never are out of work but those whose daddy have some land holding find it beneath themselves to work in field and are not good for anyting else either so jthey jsut chill and look for these kind of burning issue to give their voice to......:haha:

Strange, he's only dropped for the ODI series for heaven's sake. Imagine if similar trend was followed in other places in India. Luckily the fans aren't rampaging against Rahul Dravid and VVS not playing. Looks like some fans are never happy.

They'll probably burn Ganguly down, when he *thinks* about retiring from cricket. These guys give foreign media a good chance to pull India's leg and bank on it every time India fails to win a game. Being passionate about the game is one thing and being over reactive fans is other

dont hve to worry guys.. the future of cricket seems to be test cricket and the T20 leagues like IPL. dada will anyway be romped in by one of the IPL franchises and we can see him in action.. by playing well here.. he can make a bold statement to the selectors... as far as dada's supporters doing the dharna.. i think its cos they dont see any other player from bengal getting selectd in the near future.. once they get to see another bengal player making the cut.. they will forget dada.. not to worry.. test cricket and t20 leagues are the future... ODIs will slowly fade away...

Who are these bloddy idiots ? Some jobless, useless, brainless, no-name political party that has around only 50 members I am sure. Make no mistake, it will be an himalayan mistake to call them " Dada's supporters". They have nothing to do with Ganguly, nor do they know a damn about cricket. All they need is an issue to create a ruckus so that they get cheap publicity, that is all. Today, it was cricket, tomorrow, it will be something else. The only way to stop these half baked moron from committing such crimes is for the media to totally boycott their hartals and protests. Once they come to know hardly anyone is giving a foot about their actions, they wont be too bothered to protest in the future.

Can't disagree with what's been said in this thread so far, but you have to understand one thing: Ganguly is the only world class cricketer that the state of Bengal has ever produced. He is all they have got. I suppose the people of Bengal take great pride in the fact that for the first time, one of their own has risen to top of Indian cricket (Dalmiya wasn't a cricketer). No other Bengali cricketer has ever made it as far as he has. Bengalis have never seen someone like him before - never seen one of their own distinguishing himself at the highest level of India's favorite sport. Hence the fanatical reactions. Still not justifiable, but understandeable nonetheless.