Meet Jagmeet Singh: The new NDP leader of Canadian Political Party

PBN

On 06/10/2017 at 8:27 PM, Muloghonto said:

It is nothing unexpected. 

There is a common phenomena worldwide, amongst immigrants : if they end up staying 'ethnically pure', a crisis of sorts develops amongst 2nd/3rd generation descendants. Because they remain 'pure', aka they are 2nd gen pure punjabi/pure arab/pure chinese, they sense their difference from the mainstream while growing up. But unlike first generation, they don't truly know what its like to be their 'pure whatever'. 
Ie, say for e.g., me- i consider myself Indo-American/Canadian. But i don't need anyone else to tell me, inform me or lecture me on what it means to be 'Indo'. Because i spent growing up in India,at one point, i was only Indian, i know what its like. But my children, no-matter how many stories i tell them or how many times they go to visit grandparents, they will always feel like they are not 100% Indian by experience, they are Indians 'looking in'.

As they grow up, they will become more 'protective' of their Indian-ness (or their pure whatever-ness), because they don't know what is real and what isn't, anything to do with 'motherland' is 'awesome' and anything to criticize 'motherland' is bad.

This is why British Sikhs are way more radical than Indian Sikhs, this is why we see so much disproportionate Islamic violence in France compared to UK. Because French muslim community (Algerians, moroccans, tunisians predominantly) came earlier and in greater numbers than in UK and so, are more 'disconnected'.

One way to prevent this disconnect, is to intermingle. And that is why you will hardly, ever find a 'radical Sikh/muslim' who is half Afghan-half Thai or half Punjabi, half Irish. Because they are mixed, its easier for them to accept their 'heritage' is different.

Who are you to tell people who they should marry or procreate with? 

The more you talk the more nonsense you spew.

8 hours ago, Ranvir said:

Who are you to tell people who they should marry or procreate with? 

The more you talk the more nonsense you spew.

I am not saying any such stuff. i am saying what happens to 2nd/3rd generation immigrants, when they stay 'pure to the roots'. Not just desis, everyone. Its an interesting topic and has been studied recently.