Hayden challenges India to win in Adelaide

King

Hayden challenges India to win in Adelaide Adelaide, PTI: Australian opener Matthew Hayden has challenged India to prove their claims of superiority in the fourth and final cricket Test at Adelaide. Matthew Hayden has said Australia were undeterred by the Perth loss and challenged India to prove their claims of superiority in the fourth and final cricket Test at Adelaide. Ganguly said India played better than the hosts this summer while Prasad declared that the visiting side had the best attack in the world. "I would say there is no other side in the world that comes close to us when we are playing our best," said Hayden, whose 86 consecutive Test streak was broken when he missed the Perth match due to hamstring injury. "We have had a little glitch in the radar. I don't suspect that will be in our mindset in preparing for this Test. Ultimately, we are still 2-1 up in the series, so I am not sure we are bottom-dwellers just yet," he was quoted as saying in the 'Herald Sun'. The Hayden 36-year-old hard-hitting Australian batsman refused to agree that tourists' attack was now the best in the business after proving themselves at WACA. "We will see. We have a very talented side. It is unbelievable. A week ago cricket was boring because Australia was so dominant. We have a very good bowling line-up going into these conditions. We saw that in Sydney," he said. Hayden said he was fit to play India in the fourth and final Test later this week. "I am in. It is as simple as that. I have already done fitness tests this week," said Hayden, who has scored 307 runs at 76.75 this series. "I feel comfortable where I am at with my hamstring and I have prepared like I would for any Test. I am ready to go. I am in pretty good shape."

"I would say there is no other side in the world that comes close to us when we are playing our best," said Hayden, whose 86 consecutive Test streak was broken when he missed the Perth match due to hamstring injury.
It's quite a comfortable quote I suppose. When you lose you say we weren't in the best of form and when winning you say none can come close to us when we are doing the best. I don't know what Hayden means by that. Similarly India could say that too. I hope Hayden doesn't score much in the next test match.

I reckon anyone batting first will bat for a long period of time unless of course one of the bowler hits purple patch. If the team chasing allows over 150 runs lead it's all over for them. I'm hoping Kumble will win the toss first and bat.

So do I. I fear that Australians will be well determined to prove to the world that their dominance on cricket is not in danger. And Hayden is the biggest hurdle in India's way. How will we get rid of him?
Bowling is all about confidence and a single mistake by the batsman when not lucky is good enough to get him. I guess the Indian bowlers will fancy bowling to anyone right now. I think it's not just Hayden but couple others are a threat. Luckily the likes of Ponting, Gilly and the rest are low on confidence. Good time to claim them. Still a tall order for India to bowl them out twice in Adelaide.
"We have had a little glitch in the radar. I don't suspect that will be in our mindset in preparing for this Test. Ultimately, we are still 2-1 up in the series, so I am not sure we are bottom-dwellers just yet," he was quoted as saying in the 'Herald Sun'.
Incidentally, it was because I was bucknored & bensoned [not to forget the third umpire]. otherwise it should have been 2-1 in favor of India.
..... A week ago cricket was boring because Australia was so dominant. We have a very good bowling line-up going into these conditions. We saw that in Sydney," he said. Hayden said he was fit to play India in the fourth and final Test later this week. "I am in. It is as simple as that. I have already done fitness tests this week," said Hayden, who has scored 307 runs at 76.75 this series. "I feel comfortable where I am at with my hamstring and I have prepared like I would for any Test. I am ready to go. I am in pretty good shape."
Rather it was so, because Australia was cheating to be dominant.
It's quite a comfortable quote I suppose. When you lose you say we weren't in the best of form and when winning you say none can come close to us when we are doing the best. I don't know what Hayden means by that. Similarly India could say that too. I hope Hayden doesn't score much in the next test match.
yeh exactly if india were constantly playing at their best, not many sides would come anywhere near us it'd be a massacre everytime we go out there i cant wait to see haydens face when we do win *prays it happens*

Hayden has got a decent chance of scoring a triple century in adelaide..... Pathan,Ishant and RP cannot bowl good in two consecutive innings let alone two test matches. The less we talk about Harbhajan the better....Kumble is disappointing as the series is going on. Aussies have figured him out.He was very lucky to get wickets in Perth. In short Aussies will pile on 650 + in first innings with Hayden and Ponting scoring double centuries....and Bowl out India twice in 5 sessions...with Benson and Bucknor chipping in all round performances like Sydney

I think India should not go overboard with chest thumping, "we are no.1" as Ganguly did. Even in 2004, India won the Adelaide test and immediately Ganguly made the same statement. But India did not seize the momentum Sehwag gave in Melbourne and India ended up losing the match. I hope, India focuses their attention and energy on winning this match. We can make all the noise and laurels once the series is over. India has a tendency to lose the match after every successful win. Aussies would come strong. So India needs to seize the initiative. The first session of the match would be the key. If Indians bat, they should aim for good partnership. If Indians bowl, they should try to make early inroads and take 3-4 wickets in the first session.

Oh so he says a week ago cricket was boring..arrogant aussie..oh how i wish sree was here to bowl couple of bouncers and knock this buffalo off or atleast hit him..he is just so confident that india has no answer to his batting..hope pathan swings it late and gets this bas*ard early in both innings..then v ll know whether cricket is boring or not..