India U-19 squad for Asia Cup 2017

tweaker

4 minutes ago, nsareen said:

Need some good hitters too, I'm not sure why they are sticking with Salman Khan, dint like his technique, not suited for fast bowling.. Mayank Rawat from Delhi is a good hitters not picked, another player Ankush from MP seems to have hitting capacity not picked..

We are seeing the same trend in our senior team

As usual Pakistan keeps finding pace bowlers at young age, bow for this year u19s they have Shaheen afridi, tall lefty bowler is pacy, just took 8 or 9fer in a first class match.. we would need somebody to negate the lefty threat ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, nsareen said:

As usual Pakistan keeps finding pace bowlers at young age, bow for this year u19s they have Shaheen afridi, tall lefty bowler is pacy, just took 8 or 9fer in a first class match.. we would need somebody to negate the lefty threat ..

He is not that pacy.

16 minutes ago, nsareen said:

Need some good hitters too, I'm not sure why they are sticking with Salman Khan, dint like his technique, not suited for fast bowling.. Mayank Rawat from Delhi is a good hitters not picked, another player Ankush from MP seems to have hitting capacity not picked..

Mayank did play ODI against England U19.  he will be picked fr sure in future.

On 10/18/2017 at 8:07 AM, tweaker said:

The BCCI's junior selection committee led by former India pacer Venkatesh Prasad yesterday decided to leave teenage bating sensation Prithvi Shaw out of the U-19 Asia Cup squad scheduled to be held in Malaysia next month for an extended run in the ongoing Ranji Trophy.

Shaw scored 66 against NZ in a practice game a few days back, sure he can play u19 for 2-3 more years but i feel right call was made this kid has to nurtured. Ranji is better than some U19 asia cup. 

While the likes of Shubman Gill, Kamlesh Nagarkoti and Shivam Mavi – who all enjoyed great success in England – were not picked because each of them were in varying stages of injury recovery, the selectors felt that Prithvi Shaw, 17, would be better served playing the ongoing Ranji Trophy 2017-18, where he is part of Mumbai’s first-choice XI. “The selectors were of the opinion that 17-year-old Prithvi Shaw, who recently scored a century (154) in the Duleep Trophy final, should play in the ongoing Ranji Trophy,” said the Board of Control for Cricket in India in a statement.

http://www.wisdenindia.com/cricket-news/rana-to-lead-new-look-india-u-19-squad-for-asia-cup/273711