Fastest bowlers from India, Top 10 list

Yantra

If he was sane he would've slowed down and bowled line and length in the subcontinent... fast bowler's main prerequisite : GIGANTIC EGO
Gigantic Ego does not Equal lunatic behaviour and well i think your signature says the rest there is a time for chirping and being obnoxious sree gets them all wrong. Its like Zak in 2003 world cup where he bowls a wide and gives a stare.

Other than Srinath, I cannot recall any Indian bowler bowling fast and sustaining it over a period. Srinath of course was scary in 1995 - 99 period, because his shorter stuff just cramped RH batsmen for room and LH batsmen were always at rifk pulling against the movement. But unfortunately he was a real soft ****. If he had half the temperament of Kapil would have been a legend.

Good articles on Srinath. Though I know that he was fast, but I am not ready to believe what many of these comments /articles in this thread has tried to portray. No way he was a consistent 150 Kmph bowler. His average apeed would have been in high 130's not more than that but I agree he was capable of cracking one or two deliveries above 145 or so. He was very fast for a very short period of time only. He may have been proven faster than McGrath but then McGrath was never about pace. Speed guns were not very reliable in that era and even now they are not consistent around the world. So I am not going to give much credence to these readings. However, very fast or not, Srinath has been second best pacer India has ever produced, without including Md. Nissar and Amar Singh in this discussion. If Zaheer makes a come back and keeps doing whatever he has been doing for last 2-3 years for couple of more years, then then he would pip Srinath from 2nd position.

Fastest Balls bowled by Indians in International Matches and IPLs The list made by the OP has become outdated with the increased rate of fast bowlers India is producing nowadays Srinath 156 k ( SAF tour 1996 ) Umesh 152 k ( IPL 2011 ) 148 k ( 2011 WI tour of India ) Ishant 152 k ( IPL 2011 ) 151 k ( Aus tour 2007 maybe ) Aaron 149 k ( IPL 2011 ) 146 k ( 2011 Eng tour of India ) Nehra 149 k ( WC 2003 ) Sreesanth 148 k ( NZ tour of India 2008 maybe ) Abu Nechim 148 k Zaheer 147 k ( WC 2003 ) Dinda 147 k RP Singh 147 k ( NZ tour of India 2008 maybe ) Agarkar 146 k Munaf 145 k ( WI tour 2006 or 2007 ) VRV 145 k ( 2007 )

India doesn't have fastest bowler compare to other team but steel performance of indian team is outstanding. And that say that speed is not matter in cricket but good line and length of bowler is the great issue of any good bowler who want make their name in cricket world. and bowler of india concentrating on that issue. result india win 2011 world cup.

BUMP Times changing in Indian cricket :) Varun Aaron (153), Umesh Yadav (152), Ishant Sharma (151) and Abu Nechim (148) would now get into the top 10 list of OP! In fact they would be in top 5 after Srinath.
Precisely these are the speeds:-Aaron(153.4kph),Ishant(152.4kph),Umesh(152.2kph),Nechim(147.6kph)
Fastest Balls bowled by Indians in International Matches and IPLs The list made by the OP has become outdated with the increased rate of fast bowlers India is producing nowadays Srinath 156 k ( SAF tour 1996 ) Umesh 152 k ( IPL 2011 ) 148 k ( 2011 WI tour of India ) Ishant 152 k ( IPL 2011 ) 151 k ( Aus tour 2007 maybe ) Aaron 149 k ( IPL 2011 ) 146 k ( 2011 Eng tour of India ) Aaron clocked 153.4 kph Nehra 149 k ( WC 2003 ) Sreesanth 148 k ( NZ tour of India 2008 maybe ) Abu Nechim 148 k Zaheer 147 k ( WC 2003 ) Dinda 147 k RP Singh 147 k ( NZ tour of India 2008 maybe ) Agarkar 146 k Munaf 145 k ( WI tour 2006 or 2007 ) VRV 145 k ( 2007 )
Good articles on Srinath. Though I know that he was fast' date= but I am not ready to believe what many of these comments /articles in this thread has tried to portray. No way he was a consistent 150 Kmph bowler. His average apeed would have been in high 130's not more than that but I agree he was capable of cracking one or two deliveries above 145 or so. He was very fast for a very short period of time only. He may have been proven faster than McGrath but then McGrath was never about pace. Speed guns were not very reliable in that era and even now they are not consistent around the world. So I am not going to give much credence to these readings. However, very fast or not, Srinath has been second best pacer India has ever produced, without including Md. Nissar and Amar Singh in this discussion. If Zaheer makes a come back and keeps doing whatever he has been doing for last 2-3 years for couple of more years, then then he would pip Srinath from 2nd position.
You couldnt have been more wrong ever than you are now. Srinath was a classic case of stereotyping. Indians have been stereotyped to be anything but fast. I remember innumerable occassions when the commentators ( Good ones like Geoff Boycott, Barry Richards,Graeme Pollock, Ramiz Raja, David Gower etc ) were in awe of his bowling speed. Read this interview of Alastair campbell to know what I am trying to mean. Read the 7th para of the article ! And dont believe whatever some Pakistani posters here might want to troll about the article. As you can clearly see, its a Zimbabwean Cricket Captain talking about Srinath. http://static.espncricinfo.com/db/NATIONAL/ZIM/NEWS/ARTICLES_OLD/CAMPBELL_INTERVIEW_APR1997.html The Australian cricket analyst, Eddie Smith who officially used to keep all data of all bowling speeds of international matches, and someone who I had the fortune of knowing personally, often told me and also wrote in articles that during 95-97, Srinath was perhaps the fastest bowler in the world, even faster than Waqar and Donald. While people can rubbish such claims but I ask, what would an Aussie, and a Zimbabwean cricketer get by talking about Srinath ? Which ofcourse would mean that they were giving honest and unbiased opinions !
You couldnt have been more wrong ever than you are now. Srinath was a classic case of stereotyping. Indians have been stereotyped to be anything but fast. I remember innumerable occassions when the commentators ( Good ones like Geoff Boycott, Barry Richards,Graeme Pollock, Ramiz Raja, David Gower etc ) were in awe of his bowling speed. Read this interview of Alastair campbell to know what I am trying to mean. Read the 7th para of the article ! And dont believe whatever some Pakistani posters here might want to troll about the article. As you can clearly see, its a Zimbabwean Cricket Captain talking about Srinath. http://static.espncricinfo.com/db/NATIONAL/ZIM/NEWS/ARTICLES_OLD/CAMPBELL_INTERVIEW_APR1997.html The Australian cricket analyst, Eddie Smith who officially used to keep all data of all bowling speeds of international matches, and someone who I had the fortune of knowing personally, often told me and also wrote in articles that during 95-97, Srinath was perhaps the fastest bowler in the world, even faster than Waqar and Donald. While people can rubbish such claims but I ask, what would an Aussie, and a Zimbabwean cricketer get by talking about Srinath ? Which ofcourse would mean that they were giving honest and unbiased opinions !
Completely agree about Srinath being fastest during 95-97. If you watch Srinath's bowling on India's tour to England 1996, it was clearly evident that how Srinath troubled English batsmen with pace and bounce. There are video available on you tube and I have never seen that kind of hostile fast bowling by any Indian fast bowler yet.
Some of the delieveries that Sri bowled were nasty ' date=' to say the least. I still remember Lanka desilva bleeding from a Srinath bouncer and the blood was coming like water from tap ! I hope u remember that delievery RTK bhai[/quote'] Yes. Although Srinath had pace, but he did not have a typical fast bowler's attitude which has not helped him much.