Good batting pitch - but unfortunately India has squandered the advtg. of winning Toss!

fineleg

mouni, i guess you need to sftu, if you cannot understand that losing 4 wickets is a problem when you are one batsman short already. Maybe ur not concerned, but i am concerned that the last recognized batting pair is playing currently (given that msd is not in any spectacular form). is that not a concern for u?

Our players need to be gritty and have a lot of will power and JUST MAKE THIS WIN HAPPEN for us!
Very well said. If I see VVS getting out to a loose shot again I will be very disappointed with him to say the least. On the other hand I don't think we need 500 to win. (although that was on).
Very well said. If I see VVS getting out to a loose shot again I will be very disappointed with him to say the least. On the other hand I don't think we need 500 to win. (although that was on).
Thanks. Yes, we need to show the gritty determination and dogged fight to win here. 500 is not a must to be able to win - as I said I'd like to see the Aus cry on day-2 after we get 500. Min required is 350-400. Strong will be 450.

i think finey is rite..v have given away the initiative..couple of loose shots from sehwag and ganguly..and now there is so much pressure on sachin and laxman..so v need a wicketless session after tea and seeing this bowling lineup i would count ourselves very lucky if that happens..anything less than 500 is a disaster in this pitch..looks so flat on the first day..it wud be best for batting tom and on day 3 and no matter v have 5 bowlers if there is no help frm the pitch i see india going down..

Well, 500 is definitely out of the question. I'd be happy with anything over 300. We have nothing after the 2 batsmen currently at the crease. I've no confidence in Dhoni and the tail is pretty hit and miss(mostly miss). Australia's bowled and fielded beautifully today. Have pretty much taken the cover drive out of the game with their fielding. Problem is that's exactly what they're making the batsman do with their line and length. It's gonna take an unbelievable batting effort from SRT and VVS to save India from this. I personally don't see it happening. Australia clearly on top as of right now. There's nothing in this pitch for the bowlers.

yo whineleg.....start hijacking this thread fineleg, sachin is still there and laxman loves the aussies. Why can't we still score 500? Just another 310 to go with dhoni, kumble, and bhajji who can be depended on for runs. 5 wickets, 310 runs, 62 run average for each wicket..we can do it.
500?? Tere dimak to thik hain? Nasha karke aaya kya?
Finey dear is right on the dot. Its all over for us, by a long shout. We will lose the next 6 wickets for 5 runs, Symmonds will take double hat-trick. Irfan shouldnt have edged it, Sehwag shouldnt have nicked it, Dravid shouldnt have fended at it, Ganguly shouldnt have missed it. All in all, India is a hopeless side, anyone following this side is hopeless. We are total waste, we should stop playing cricket once and for all.
:two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up:
i think finey is rite..v have given away the initiative..couple of loose shots from sehwag and ganguly..and now there is so much pressure on sachin and laxman..so v need a wicketless session after tea and seeing this bowling lineup i would count ourselves very lucky if that happens..
Absolutely we need a session like that. Will we get it? :pray:
anything less than 500 is a disaster in this pitch..looks so flat on the first day..it wud be best for batting tom and on day 3 and no matter v have 5 bowlers if there is no help frm the pitch i see india going down..
I think anything less than 400 is dangerous, 500 is the 'safe' score to make Aus worry.
Well' date=' 500 is definitely out of the question. I'd be happy with anything over 300. We have nothing after the 2 batsmen currently at the crease. I've no confidence in Dhoni and the tail is pretty hit and miss(mostly miss). Australia's bowled and fielded beautifully today. Have pretty much taken the cover drive out of the game with their fielding. Problem is that's exactly what they're making the batsman do with their line and length. It's gonna take an unbelievable batting effort from SRT and VVS to save India from this. I personally don't see it happening. Australia clearly on top as of right now. There's nothing in this pitch for the bowlers.
Yes, if MSD and tail can be believed in, then we are ok. Problem is MSD is !?? and tail hit/miss.
finey is right. dravid got out to a pretty ordinary delivery. so did ganguly.
And yoda, Sehwag if you noticed, played the carbon copy shot a ball before he got out. And then he got out playing the same half-drive, half-cut shot. He was not clear on drive vs cut. That he was out on a No-Ball is :angry_smile: Who was it? Bowdy or Rauf-the-oaf?
And yoda, Sehwag if you noticed, played the carbon copy shot a ball before he got out. And then he got out playing the same half-drive, half-cut shot. He was not clear on drive vs cut. That he was out on a No-Ball is :angry_smile: Who was it? Bowdy or Rauf-the-oaf?
Sehwag did his part. Played his natural game. Got some quick runs instead of just hanging around without any runs being scored. RD simply didn't look comfortable. Neither was Ganguly. You could have predicted their quick departure after watching them struggle.

A good lesson for the pessimists. I can see where they come from though. We have seen a lot of times in the past India fall short overseas but not this team. This is one good fighting unit. A lot of the players in this team are fighters. They don't seem to give it up at all including the last couple of men or three. I think this is the best test Indian unit I've ever seen. It's not a joke to keep coming hard at the Aussies on a daily basis and in Australia. Trust this team to deliver often whether at home or away. They seem to have a lot of confidence. Hopefully this will convert the pessimists into optimists in future.