So who are we taking as 5th seamer in the squad to SA? Dont tell me Pandya

Who will you choose as 5th seamer for SA tour   

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you choose as 5th seamer for SA tour

36 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

No, I won’t replace Pujara, Kohli, Rahane or Vijay if they all fail in first test. That is because they are proven performers in Test cricket and Pandya isn’t yet in test cricket.

Pandya, if he can’t deliver with both bat and ball then he is not only hurting our batting but also our bowling. He is there to provide support to the bowler but if he isn’t working well, then two departments are getting hurt so then we are better of playing two spinners or play 4 seamers in the 2nd test- Shami-Bumrah-Bhuvi-Umesh 

Again overseas is a place to give chances but not to keep trying. We are not discarding Pandya if he fails in the first test, but only keeping him out for time being, all that is only if he fails to deliver in both the departments. Like I said, he should be persisted with for future but we should look to do whats the best for the team during the start of the 2nd test 

I agree with that but the topic here is who do we take as our 5th fast bowler. Its obvious that Pandya would fill that role and having 6 fast bowlers in the squad is not ideal. Like I said it creates confusions. 

3 minutes ago, Lannister said:

I agree with that but the topic here is who do we take as our 5th fast bowler. Its obvious that Pandya would fill that role and having 6 fast bowlers in the squad is not ideal. Like I said it creates confusions. 

It has to be Bumrah for me like I said before. I want BBS attack. BBS will wreck  havoc. BBS attack will ensure we get lead and BBS attack will ensure we win the series for the first time in South Africa.

4 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

It has to be Bumrah for me like I said before. I want BBS attack. BBS will wreck  havoc. BBS attack will ensure we get lead and BBS attack will ensure we win the series for the first time in South Africa.

Not so sure about Kumar as we will be playing on bouncy tracks. But I will give him the benifit of doubt as he has been trying hard to change his record. We can drop him if he fails miserably in the first test. 

6 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Not so sure about Kumar as we will be playing on bouncy tracks. But I will give him the benifit of doubt as he has been trying hard to change his record. We can drop him if he fails miserably in the first test. 

Whatever works for the team we got to do that. Whether dropping Kumar or who ever. They all must start and and then we go on from there.  

4 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Whatever works for the team we got to do that. Whether dropping Kumar or who ever. They all must start and and then we go on from there.  

But for that we need to assign roles to each individual and having too many of them within a squad will not be an effective strategy. 

3 minutes ago, Lannister said:

But for that we need to assign roles to each individual and having too many of them within a squad will not be an effective strategy. 

Its all simple. If Ishant plays he will be used as a work horse, he is not the leader kind. Bhuvi has to go for wickets with the new ball nd Shami too. Umesh should go all out and look to bounce them out. Try to do what Sreesanth did when he got a fifer

Not sure is if Bumrah is getting picked but if he does, he has to use his Variations and do what he is good at. He can generate good shot balls as he can hit the deck hard woth his action and can be a surprise package in South Africa.

We need to look at the dismissl of Shaun Marsh in the first Ashes test. He was all set batting with Smith and all of a sudden Broad came in and disguised a slow delivery which Marsh thought will be a nice full ball for him to drive, but he misjudged  the pace on that and was caught at extra cover. This is how Bumrah can surprise RSA with his variations.