Steve Smith hands down is the best batsman in the world

maniac

People overate him too much.yes he is the best but he has not won any away series for his country till now .winning 1 test match here and there  is not some mind boggling .aus lost 3-O in sl,3-2 in eng,2-1in ind,2-0 in uae,3-1 in sa when smith was playing. Only PUJARA and KUSAL PERERA are two batsman who helped their team to win away series with consistent performance throughout the series. And home performance as far as concerned ,PUJARA would have same contribution than Smith. He has not won Ashes 2019 yet .PUJARA is the most clutch batsman for me .

Edited by VT87
12 minutes ago, VT87 said:

People overate him too much.yes he is the best but he has not won any away series for his country till now .winning 1 test match here and there  is not some mind boggling .aus lost 3-O in sl,3-2 in eng,2-1in ind,2-0 in uae,3-1 in sa when smith was playing. Only PUJARA and KUSAL PERERA are two batsman who helped their team to win away series with consistent performance throughout the series. And home performance as far as concerned ,PUJARA would have same contribution than Smith. He has not won Ashes 2019 yet .PUJARA is the most cluch batsman for me .

He tried his best he could to win series in India & Eng last time. He won 2 out of 5 test matches in 2015 Ashes in eng and won 1 in 2017 india. Pujara won that series cause aus didn't have smith and warner. Kusal parera's knock was great though. Pujara has failed many times in SENA to be considered with Kohli & Smith. Let's see how pujara does from here on in overseas tours of SENA.

Edited by Nikola
On 8/6/2019 at 3:31 AM, VT87 said:

People overate him too much.yes he is the best but he has not won any away series for his country till now .winning 1 test match here and there  is not some mind boggling .aus lost 3-O in sl,3-2 in eng,2-1in ind,2-0 in uae,3-1 in sa when smith was playing. Only PUJARA and KUSAL PERERA are two batsman who helped their team to win away series with consistent performance throughout the series. And home performance as far as concerned ,PUJARA would have same contribution than Smith. He has not won Ashes 2019 yet .PUJARA is the most clutch batsman for me .

lara's greatest ever batting performance was in the 3 test series in SL where he destroyed murali and co. yet, SL won the series 3-0. One man cannot do everything. Chepu was greatly aided by our top-notch bowling, valuable contributions from Pant and Ratman, and the absence of warner & smith. from what I can see, kusal perera's performance was truly an ATG one but I don't think he will replicate it. as of now, smith has scored heavily in eng (with swing/seam), on pitches with bounce (Oz/SA) and even in Ind (with spin).