My Squad suggestions for 3rd test and LOIs

Sooda

30 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Kohli only  failed in England and did well on every other tour. Shami struggled everywhere with stamina and consistency. He was horrible in England when everyone was expecting him to become our spearhead.  He was okay in SA. Did well in NZ in patches.

Again, it is ridiculous to think about dropping Shami at this time. When fit, he must play. Thats it. You don't drop your regular fast bowler who has been one of the best recently in the whole world, who is a world class bowler. 

I don't care what he did last time or wherever, Shami must play. 

7 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Again, it is ridiculous to think about dropping Shami at this time. When fit, he must play. Thats it. You don't drop your regular fast bowler who has been one of the best recently in the whole world, who is a world class bowler. 

I don't care what he did last time or wherever, Shami must play. 

sure, he will play.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

he is yet to prove that. On last away tour leg, he was average at best.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Kohli only  failed in England and did well on every other tour. Shami struggled everywhere with stamina and consistency. He was horrible in England when everyone was expecting him to become our spearhead.  He was okay in SA. Did well in NZ in patches.

Shami is a much more consistent bowler in 2016 and 2017

He is bowling a much higher % of deliveries targeted at the top of off to top of 5th stump, in the last 17 months.

He has bowled really well in the 3 WI 2016 tests, Eden 2016, Eden 2017 and the 3 SL 2017 tests ..... where there was not much reverse swing on offer.

4 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Shami is a much more consistent bowler in 2016 and 2017

He is bowling a much higher % of deliveries targeted at the top of off to top of 5th stump, in the last 17 months.

He has bowled really well in the 3 WI 2016 tests, Eden 2016, Eden 2017 and the 3 SL 2017 tests ..... where there was not much reverse swing on offer.

problem is can he do it test after test in SA, England. That is the biggest question. Can he sustain it? We will have to see.

12 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

but after seeing his bowling at Eden first innings

He had a niggle on the first day

Bowled excellently on day two 1st innings and then 2nd innings 

12 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

, i have my doubts. SL are very much like Indian conditions.

Different ball, not much reverse swing.  

Also, pitches had more bounce than standard Indian pitches