Australia playing for draw

kabira

are u kidding me.. they followed a decent approach.. they are just playing there game.. last few overs they were defensive just because to not to lose any wicket in the end.. how can u decide on day 2 that they are playing for draw.. if they add about 340 runz tomorrow.. with alredy 62.. 400 would be there score.. and game would be on..

Guest HariSampath

Yeah, Aus will play for draw , but India too will be happy with draw. The "feel good" of the Perth test win will have to be preserved and so India and Kumble will be happy with a draw and come back home to say " we went down just 1-2 and but for umpiring it could have been different"...we just dont seem to be doing anything aggressive now.

I don't think either side is playing for a draw. Australia obviously have to be patient otherwise in trying to score too many runs too quickly they will lose some wickets. India, on the other hand, have to keep it tight and force Aussies to make some mistakes, and make sure they take all their chances. Also they will hope the wicket gets a bit tricky and helps them in producing some special deliveries once in a while. I think we will come to know more about their mindset on the last 2 days (and probably tomorrow evening). I do hope that India get a sizeable lead.

are u kidding me.. they followed a decent approach.. they are just playing there game.. last few overs they were defensive just because to not to lose any wicket in the end.. how can u decide on day 2 that they are playing for draw.. if they add about 340 runz tomorrow.. with alredy 62.. 400 would be there score.. and game would be on..
dude, we never play for a draw, you must be confusing us with england, bangladesh etc where a draw is considered a win...:giggle::giggle:

I think the Aussies are in the dangerzone at the moment. They would have a sleepless night tonight. If India can manage to get early wickets tomorrow, it is game on for India win. If we can do the same as we did last Saturday, we could have them all out in 1 day. Let us hope we can pressure the Aussies into mistakes and take their wickets as quick as possible. I predict Sharma and Harbhajan to bag most of them tomorrow!

if you are not playing for draw' date=' you would have selected Tait...on his home ground he would have killed indians...[/quote'] Do you even watch the games before you comment? Most of Tait's biggest backers were agreeing that his performance in Perth was very poor on a pitch where he was expected to do far more - he didn't show his usual pace, was inaccurate and bled runs. Heck, even he said he didn't expect to be picked after such a display.
Do you even watch the games before you comment? Most of Tait's biggest backers were agreeing that his performance in Perth was very poor on a pitch where he was expected to do far more - he didn't show his usual pace, was inaccurate and bled runs. Heck, even he said he didn't expect to be picked after such a display.
yeah Kabira I think you are way off base here ... Tait was embarassing in Perth. but anyways too early to say whether Australia is trying to just survive ... India needs to bowl really well to take the first 10 wickets here.