Everyone says Melbourne is the only thing Aus dominated in this series...

fineleg

Would that also have happened if we had proper warm up matches? Would India have been able to run Aus close in Melbourne with good practice rather than washed up warm up matches!? Had we had both proper warm up AND good umpiring(!), what would this series look like now? BCCI (warmup scheduling) and ICC Elite panel :angry_smile:

I won't say Aussie dominated only one test match. This series has been an even match with India coming on top in the 3rd test match. 2nd test match was anyone's and so is the last one. The warm up matches I don't reckon would have made much difference. The likes of Jaffer, Dhoni has had several hits but still haven't come to grips in test cricket. Again it is the experience of playing before in Australia has helped a lot of batsmen. As for bowling something's just transpired. Perhaps not the warm up game but the number of runs on the board may have helped the bowlers confidence a bit. Also having someone like Prasad as bowling coach may have helped given his stint in Aussie previously.

Ravi' date=' Sydney test was even only because of B&B, otherwise OZs would've suffered a worse loss than Perth.[/quote'] I don't know about that Avi. Sure India had a great chance but the Aussies weren't as bad either. The result of the 2nd test was a farce anyways still some of the Aussie players played well there.
I don't know about that Avi. Sure India had a great chance but the Aussies weren't as bad either. The result of the 2nd test was a farce anyways still some of the Aussie players played well there.
2 vs 10 or so is more than enough to affect the game, and OZs would've looked really bad if the error margin was even half of that

Maybe the performance of the Indian team might not have been a lot different in Melbourne. But, if we had two practice games we could have got our strategy right, i.e., obviously Sehwag would have opened in one of the practice matches and if he had struck form in that he would have been in Melbourne for sure.