If I had any doubts Ian Chappell confirmed his retardedness yesterday

The guy was babbling on right from the point India crossed 400 - either hit out or get out. What the bloody hell? This guy captained Australia for a decade and was making such retarded statements, clamoring for a declaration every single time the bloody mike was handed to him. Are you a lunatic, Ian Chappell? Wait I already knew that, thanks for confirming. With the precedent of even 500+ scores having ended up as losing over the past few years here, how can anyone make such statements, specially when the scoreboard was moving along at 3 RPO throughout the tailend partnerships and the Australians were being ground into the heat and dust. Who in their right sense declares an innings at 400 on a relatively flat pitch. The loony made the following declarations in his career : 1. 324/4 declared second innings setting England a mammoth 450 runs to win. Sporting?:hysterical: 2. 441/5 declared against Pakistan 3. 428/7 declared and 260/2 declared leaving WI 260 to get in 33 overs.:hysterical: 4. 300/2 declared against WI leaving them 234 runs to get in 19 overs.:hysterical: 5. 419/8 declared and 218/7 declared leaving WI 319 to get in 69 overs. 6. 462/8 declared against the might NZ team of the early 70s. :hysterical: 7. 511/6 declared and 460/8 declared once again vs. the might of NZ not even setting them a target. :hysterical: 8. 532/9 declared against England. :hysterical: Moreover here are 400+ scores where he did not declare : 1. 585 vs. Pakistan at Adelaide:hysterical: 2. 425 vs. Pakistan 3. 477 vs. NZ at Adelaide:hysterical: 4. 481 vs. England at Perth :hysterical: 5. 405 vs. England I have always said he is one of the biggest lunatics out there and he keeps on proving it. Was saying Kumble should declare because Lee was bowling round the stumps to Ishant. Is this guys for real?????

Wow, that does sound hypocritical ! Amongst all the commentators, I think Tony Greig is best suited to expose Chappell's triple standards ! I have noticed, even amongst the Channel 9 commentary team, Ian is losing a lot of respect coz of his lunatic views. I remember, during one of the first two tests, Phil Jaques hit one ball in the air through the gully area. Chappell commented that Jaques was too late on the shot, because he was using a bat that was too heavy for him. Slater openly retorted, " I am sorry Ian, but i think you are wrong. I cant possibly imagine how an international player representing his country could be using a bat thats too heavy for him" Chappell seemed a bit taken aback by that open snub ! :giggle:

ditto.... For once, I thought that was going to happen when Harbajan started slamming around... Thankfully, Kumble extended (and tortured) Ozs.. The real fun was watching OZs drop catches and look like LOOSERS :yay:

yaa he was very annoying.. continuozly sayin "seriuzly no use of batting now' date=' 500 is just psychological"[/quote']
Guest HariSampath

The issue is not the score alone : If suppose I had the option of getting to 480 in 2 hrs lesser, I would have taken it, or if I had 450 in one day and one session I would happily take it. The balance of a high score against the time factor is critical in teams leaving themselves enough time to bowl the oppositions out twice, and simply getting 550+ or 600 by batting on for 2 days and 2 sessions doesnt make any sense, as we are seeing right now, the Aussies have already wiped out 100+ without any wkt. We might as well have tried to bowl more overs yesterday.

Going by current OZs batting Kumble made the right call.... He balanced time and runs as much as he can while ensuring that OZs will not come and setup a first innings lead. Going by the flow of runs, I strongly feel we are heading for a dull draw...

The issue is not the score alone : If suppose I had the option of getting to 480 in 2 hrs lesser' date=' I would have taken it, or if I had 450 in one day and one session I would happily take it. The balance of a high score against the time factor is critical in teams leaving themselves enough time to bowl the oppositions out twice, and simply getting 550+ or 600 by batting on for 2 days and 2 sessions doesnt make any sense, as we are seeing right now, the Aussies have already wiped out 100+ without any wkt. We might as well have tried to bowl more overs yesterday.[/quote']
Was he retarded when he was harping on about how Sehwag should be opening? Seems to me that if that had happened, we would have a different series on our hands.
No, but he wasn't the only smart a$$ saying so about Sehwag as he was about the declaration. Now at 150/0 how does a declaration look like. Same reply to you Hari. And, he has been retarded for a long time and I've said it a number of times saying things like Tendulkar should retire and Australia won the BG trophy in India under Ponting.

If the runs are coming at a fast clip you should never ever declare. You will have to score those runs in the 3rd innings then. Also if you want to declare when you are just 4, 5 wickets down just go on an all-out attack and try to score 10 an over. Unless you are really really worried that your bowlers won't be able to bowl 2 innings on a trot, never ever declare before 2 days are over. It just doesn't make sense.