Ankit Rajpoot travels to South Africa

falcons360

23 hours ago, express bowling said:

I have watched Ankit Rajpoot bowl in quite a few FC  and IPL matches.  He is a tall pacer, maybe around 6'3" and gets some bounce. His pace is not consistent ... can bowl quick in T20s but his default pace is 130 k to 142 k. He is a steady and accurate bowler but his ability to take wickets has dipped in recent times. He can swing the ball when conditions are conducive. 

I have not watched Saini bowl much in recent times. Saw him in a Ranji match 2 years back. He was getting good bounce and was reasonably accurate.  Looked fast-medium to me. His action has probably changed a bit in the last few months and he is trying to swing the ball more and not getting as much bounce ( from what I have seen in videos ). But, he has done better than Rajpoot in terms of wicket-taking ability in the recent A-team games.

saini is a poor Man's BHuvi who bowls slower than BHUVI on average , does not swing as much as bhuvi but is exactly a thinking trundler ..a trundler who will get wickets in india but against top Batsman, he will find it tough .

only thing good with him is that he is a thinking bowler like bhuvi and some times if these thinking bowlers apply their brains and manage to get that extra control over Line n length , they loose some pace but gain a lot on ACCURACY...he is similiar to Vinay Kumar who is also a thinking bowler , may be a lil faster than vinay kumar.

but i will never think of playing Navdeep Saini if i have a BHUVI in my team as bhuvi is way too skilled.

these type of THINKING Pacers become DEADLY Serpants in their first 4 over Spells as their Speed increases by 5 to 10 K suddenly, I mean they start bowling upto 138K to 140K with Swing where as their normal pace is 125 to 129k regularly. if bhuvi does not get wickets in his first 5 overs then he becomes a defensive bowler and if navdeep does not get wickets in his first 5 overs then batsman may get out trying to hit him but navdeep will surely not get batsman out.

where as avesh/ankit rajput even aniket chowdhary and genuine pacers , hit the deck pacers will manage to get revese swing and get wickets with the older ball.

I open the Batting..please understand even an average fastish Spinner can look deadly with the new ball,,,,a simple trundler will become deadly with the new ball specially if the batsman is trying to hit and does not have a strong defence,,,i made my defence strong as an opening batsman but once the ball looses its gloss..the same bowler looks UGLY and easy meat to same batsman.

Never get over impressed with these talented trundlers or thinking bowlers , these guys always get those weak batsman and tail batsman out but good batsman love these trundlers.. 

as an opening batsman I loved those dibbly dobbly bowlers who bowl with a 8 to 10 yards slowish run up..i always loved playing them...

i never liked facing those pacers who used to run with full energy and throw with full energy ..some of them came fast at me and some were a bit slow ..one's who were fast, i used to get my defence strong and just let the ball touch my bat and go for runs and the other one's i used to Hit..some times mis hits got me out too but that was a wicket given away ..not a wicket won by the trundler.

we had some trundler medium pacers who loved bowling in the nets also with new ball only and hence we had got into a situation when we had 12 to 15 balls to play as they just did not want to bowl with an old ball..

whats the point of being a bowler if you look to bowl only with new ball and dont wanna throw yourself or hit the deck with the old ball...Many indian bowlers are like that they become skilled ..highly skilled ..but dont wanna hit the deck hard...- NO USE of considering such bowlers as genuine pacers.

20 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

saini is a poor Man's BHuvi who bowls slower than BHUVI on average , does not swing as much as bhuvi but is exactly a thinking trundler ..a trundler who will get wickets in india but against top Batsman, he will find it tough .

only thing good with him is that he is a thinking bowler like bhuvi and some times if these thinking bowlers apply their brains and manage to get that extra control over Line n length , they loose some pace but gain a lot on ACCURACY...he is similiar to Vinay Kumar who is also a thinking bowler , may be a lil faster than vinay kumar.

but i will never think of playing Navdeep Saini if i have a BHUVI in my team as bhuvi is way too skilled.

these type of THINKING Pacers become DEADLY Serpants in their first 4 over Spells as their Speed increases by 5 to 10 K suddenly, I mean they start bowling upto 138K to 140K with Swing where as their normal pace is 125 to 129k regularly. if bhuvi does not get wickets in his first 5 overs then he becomes a defensive bowler and if navdeep does not get wickets in his first 5 overs then batsman may get out trying to hit him but navdeep will surely not get batsman out.

where as avesh/ankit rajput even aniket chowdhary and genuine pacers , hit the deck pacers will manage to get revese swing and get wickets with the older ball.

Hilarious as over 60% of bhuvis wickets in tests are with 30 over or older ball (this was data i checked  before sri lanka and Australia series). Kuch bhi bana kar bolta rah

Edited by New guy