Harbhajan Singh? Is it time to let go

3rd Man

I am in agreement with Doc Dhondy. Look at his past achievements, my countrymen, before you decide to axe him. The talent is still there, the passion is there, it is just the translation into wickets that has eluded him at the test level for the past two years. One day he will shine when the chips are down (like SKA roared today againust Zimbabwe) and all ye unbelievers will run away.
he needs another break from the team

I think we can keep Harbhajan but play him only on spinning wickets. In fact we need to stop playing 2 spin bowlers. But, if we drop him it might do him some good. In that case though we need to drop him for at least a year or two. Also, if he is dropped he needs to play both Ranji and English county cricket. The other worrying aspect for me is that AK himself looks out of form for at least 1-2 matches in every series. In that case it might be good if he can drop himself and we can play some other bowler.

Even I could do that. We don't need flag carriers but wicket takers. Just see where he has bowled: jSzVpwhI7jU A very defensive & wrong line. No body is questioning his love for the nation. It is his ability to convert his love for the nation and team, to performance, that is under question. The only way he is going to learn the lesson is the hard way. Drop him and take him back when he is ready to perform. It worked for Gangully, Pathan and I see no reason why it won't work for Harbhajan.
he is clearly aiming for the rough ...
Sehwag has been bowling superbly since the WI tour last year. With his batting clicking' date=' serious thought should be given for others to work on his bowling so he can be a permanent fifth bowler like Symonds or even better. In that scenario, there is no need to go in with two "front line" spinners.[/quote'] yup- it was sheer stupidity to under-utilize his bowling in the WC too
Guest HariSampath
I think we can keep Harbhajan but play him only on spinning wickets. In fact we need to stop playing 2 spin bowlers. But, if we drop him it might do him some good. In that case though we need to drop him for at least a year or two. Also, if he is dropped he needs to play both Ranji and English county cricket. The other worrying aspect for me is that AK himself looks out of form for at least 1-2 matches in every series. In that case it might be good if he can drop himself and we can play some other bowler.
bunny, whatever you are on, let me in on it...I give you a million dollar a year market....guaranteed

In an unrelated news, Sachin Tendulkar has done a 180 degree turn on his initial statement to Proctor. Apparently the team management had decided to turn Bhajji in, for calling Symmo a monkey. While this is going on in the Indian camp, the Aussies are reconsidering their accusation of Bhajji. Symonds, Hayden & Clarke think, they may have misheard Bhajji & are likely to withdraw their complaint. But BCCI & Indian team mgmt, insist that the judgement on Bhajji must stand as ruled. Inside sources revealed, Bhajji will likely be banned by BCCI even if he escapes the clutches of the ICC.

In an unrelated news, Sachin Tendulkar has done a 180 degree turn on his initial statement to Proctor. Apparently the team management had decided to turn Bhajji in, for calling Symmo a monkey. While this is going on in the Indian camp, the Aussies are reconsidering their accusation of Bhajji. Symonds, Hayden & Clarke think, they may have misheard Bhajji & are likely to withdraw their complaint. But BCCI & Indian team mgmt, insist that the judgement on Bhajji must stand as ruled. Inside sources revealed, Bhajji will likely be banned by BCCI even if he escapes the clutches of the ICC.
Yup, I could see this coming.:hysterical::hysterical:
Brilliant!:hysterical::hysterical:
:haha::haha::haha: