The Australian Open 2018

Cricketics

On 1/29/2018 at 9:16 AM, Cricketics said:

So let me start by saying that there is no wrong or right here what you guys are saying. I can't agree or disagree with you on this.  It looks boring to you because you are wanting to see Nadal or Djokovic or Murray and same can be said for many Federer fans that they want to see Federer perform and moment these big four are not playing or producing the results their fan want, Tennis seem boring.

And there is nothing wrong, its just natural because these guys have ruled the Tennis world in last decade or so.

I am a big fan of Challenger tournaments and I watched the rise of David Goffin and guys like Chung, Nishikori etc. The transition they made is impeccable and that is why for me this is a really exciting time.

I think Tennis as a whole is producing more challenging players now then ever before. We have hope of seeing other players win slam now than ever before. Dimitrov came very close to winning a slam here.

Not really, Nadal won two of the last 4 slams, it has nothing to do with it. It looks boring because new generation is still quite useless. Zverev hasn't even crossed 4th round of a major yet, Kyrgios is good but don't see him winning 6-7 best of 5 matches yet, who else is there? Dimitrov, Nishikori etc are already entering late 20s and haven't won anything of worth barring Dimitrov WTF title which he won without facing any of the top guys. Goffin's best result I believe is also QF and he's a mental midget. It's still the old guys holding the fort. We'll see if Chung can do this again, I think he needs to improve his serve to beat the big guys. Let's not pretend that Djokovic wasn't playing at 60-65% when Chung beat him. Chung was never going to beat even 80% Djokovic. 

Edited by zep1706

1 minute ago, zep1706 said:

Not really, Nadal won two of the last 4 slams, it has nothing to do with it. It looks boring because new generation is still quite useless. Zverev hasn't even crossed 4th round of a major yet, Kyrgios is good but don't see him winning 6-7 best of 5 matches yet, who else is there? Dimitrov, Nishikori etc are already entering late 20s and haven't won anything of worth. Goffin's best result I believe is also QF and he's a mental midget. It's still the old guys holding the fort. We'll see if Chung can do this again, I think he needs to improve his serve to beat the big guys. Let's not pretend that Djokovic wasn't playing at 60-65% when Chung beat him. Chung was never going to beat even 80% Djokovic. 

30s is the new 25. Lot of old players are actually showing that they can stand amd fight and actually beat thr too guys.

Dimitrov and Nishikori going into late 20s shouldn’t be a worry. They both are actually maturing and have good 4-5 years agead of them at least.

Zverev is choking in grandslams but he has been a top player in other big events like AtP 100s.

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

30s is the new 25. Lot of old players are actually showing that they can stand amd fight and actually beat thr too guys.

Dimitrov and Nishikori going into late 20s shouldn’t be a worry. They both are actually maturing and have good 4-5 years agead of them at least.

Zverev is choking in grandslams but he has been a top player in other big events like AtP 100s.

We have seen enough of Dimitrov and Nishikori to know that they are not going to win slams by beating these big guys. Nishikori is already 28 and he's constantly injured. Dimitrov still has time on his side and he's usually healthy but his game is too inconsistent for him to be a constant contender. If he lucks out like WTF last year, he can at best win one or two majors and that's about it. There's a reason why Federer and Nadal are still winning, there's hardly any challenge from the young guys. Even Del Potro and Cilic who are almost 30 themselves are better than these "young guns". 

31 minutes ago, zep1706 said:

I don't understand why you keep peddling the same BS over and over again. He faced two seeded players, both Del Potro and Anderson were seeded.

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/articles/2017-08-24/2017-08-22_nadal_pliskova_named_top_seeds_at_2017_us_open.html?chip=1

Right. Seeded players. As if seeds beyond top 16 matter. Anyways, its a fact that no-one has won a grand slam facing lower ranked players than Nadal in the last 25-30 years or so. 

31 minutes ago, zep1706 said:

Federer won exactly one slam between the age of 29 and 35 (2011-2016), Nadal has already won more in the same age range and he has 3-4 years left in that range. Nadal also won when he was a teenager, Federer didn't. So hold your horses. 

Federer winning 1 slam between 29-35 is due to Djokovic peaking during that period. Yes, Nadal has won more in the 28-31 age range than Federer. But winning slams in your late 20s or early 30s is no big deal. Winning in your late 30s is unheard of in the last 40 odd years. Hence the adulation.

And you are engaging in some wishful thinking if you think Nadal has more than 2 years of slam winning window left in him. His knee is not gonna last longer than that and the signs are there for all to see. 

2 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Right. Seeded players. As if seeds beyond top 16 matter. Anyways, its a fact that no-one has won a grand slam facing lower ranked players than Nadal in the last 25-30 years or so. 

Federer winning 1 slam between 29-35 is due to Djokovic peaking during that period. Yes, Nadal has won more in the 28-31 age range than Federer. But winning slams in your late 20s or early 30s is no big deal. Winning in your late 30s is unheard of in the last 40 odd years. Hence the adulation.

And you are engaging in some wishful thinking if you think Nadal has more than 2 years of slam winning window left in him. His knee is not gonna last longer than that and the signs are there for all to see. 

lol so now seeds beyond 16 don't matter because I have given you the facts? Why didn't you say that before? Man, you are unreal. 

And Nadal has won 12 slams beating Federer and Djokovic in semi/final. Only 4 without beating them. He has had it as tough as one can get, your constant cry about his US open draw makes you look petty. Federer has had plenty of weak draws of his own. Case in point AO2006 when the only decent player he beat was Davydenko who has never been to a slam final himself. Del Potro with or without flu is better than Davy. 

We have been hearing about how Nadal wouldn't last ever since he came on to the scene. If I were you I wouldn't be so quick to write him off. Nadal has had 11 slam winning years so far, exactly the same as Federer. Nadal's longevity is already better than almost anyone who has played before him. He has won slams from age 19 to 31, also the oldest player ever to be year end #1. So keep drinking that koolaid to make you feel better. 

3 minutes ago, zep1706 said:

lol so now seeds beyond 16 don't matter because I have given you the facts? Why didn't you say that before? Man, you are unreal. 

The fact is, no one has faced lesser ranked players than Nadal for 30+ years to win a slam. Why are you running away from this ?

And Nadal has won 12 slams beating Federer and Djokovic in semi/final. Only 4 without beating them. He has had it as tough as one can get, your constant cry about his US open draw makes you look petty. Federer has had plenty of weak draws of his own. Case in point AO2006 when the only decent player he beat was Davydenko who has never been to a slam final himself. Del Potro with or without flu is better than Davy. 

No, DelPo is still human. So is Roger. So is Nadal, everyone else. When they are sick or injured, they are not better than Berdych or Davydenko or anyone in the top 20 having a really good match.

We have been hearing about how Nadal wouldn't last ever since he came on to the scene. If I were you I wouldn't be so quick to write him off. Nadal has had 11 slam winning years so far, exactly the same as Federer. Nadal's longevity is already better than almost anyone who has played before him. He has won slams from age 19 to 31, also the oldest player ever to be year end #1. So keep drinking that koolaid to make you feel better. 

Except he is now showing signs of chronic knee deterioration. Nadal's trajectory in the past has been 'great great great BOOM injury, off for a few months, comes back great'. Its for the last six months or so we are seeing ' chronic knee/leg issues, flares up again and again over short period of time, he is ok after a few weeks rest, then plays a few weeks and again its inflamed. 

This is a strong sign of chronic knee deterioration and while Nadal has defied all expectations, you are engaging in some wishful thinking if you think the current situation with his fitness is not a terminal decline of his fitness. 

10 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

The fact is, no one has faced lesser ranked players than Nadal for 30+ years to win a slam. Why are you running away from this ?

No, DelPo is still human. So is Roger. So is Nadal, everyone else. When they are sick or injured, they are not better than Berdych or Davydenko or anyone in the top 20 having a really good match.

Except he is now showing signs of chronic knee deterioration. Nadal's trajectory in the past has been 'great great great BOOM injury, off for a few months, comes back great'. Its for the last six months or so we are seeing ' chronic knee/leg issues, flares up again and again over short period of time, he is ok after a few weeks rest, then plays a few weeks and again its inflamed. 

This is a strong sign of chronic knee deterioration and while Nadal has defied all expectations, you are engaging in some wishful thinking if you think the current situation with his fitness is not a terminal decline of his fitness. 

I didn't run away. I corrected your fake news. Then you changed your tune in a typical fake news peddler style. From no seeds to no 16 seeds. 

Del Potro was so sick that he beat Theim in 5 sets and had enough to take out Federer in 4 and then looked fine and took the first set off Nadal. Let me get this, he emptied his tank after the first set because Nadal won the last 3? That kind of logic suits you the most. 

The bottom line is that Nadal has won 12 slams beating Federer/Djokovic in semi/final. You can't dispute that. 

Nadal has played all his career with dodgy knees. It's been a chronic issue and he has managed it all his career, which makes his achievements even greater. It's nothing new for him, nor is he showing any "terminal" sign. Keep wishing. 

Edited by zep1706

I didn't run away. I corrected your fake news. Then you changed your tune in a typical fake news peddler style. From no seeds to no 16 seeds. 

Is it fake news or not that Nadal's faced the lowest ranked players to win a slam in 30+ years ? Yes or no please.

Del Potro was so sick that he beat Theim in 5 sets and had enough to take out Federer in 4 and then looked fine and took the first set off Nadal. Let me get he emptied his tank after the first set because Nadal won the last 3. That kind of logic suits you the most. 

That's what any logical person would think of a man running a fever for days - ran out of gas. And DelPo was barely moving the last set he played. Why are you so salty about this fact ?

Nadal has played all his career with dodgy knees. It's been a chronic issue and he has managed it all his career, which makes his achievements even greater. It's nothing new for him, nor is he showing any "terminal" sign. Keep wishing. 

When was the last time Nadal had an on-again, off-again chronic knee issue multiple times in a six month window ?

13 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Is it fake news or not that Nadal's faced the lowest ranked players to win a slam in 30+ years ? Yes or no please.

That's what any logical person would think of a man running a fever for days - ran out of gas. And DelPo was barely moving the last set he played. Why are you so salty about this fact ?

When was the last time Nadal had an on-again, off-again chronic knee issue multiple times in a six month window ?

Nadal's draw was no different in quality than Sampras' draws of Wimbledon 1996 or 2000 or Federer's AO 2006  draw. The seeds are just numbers. Del Potro was playing top 5 tennis at the US open. Yes in terms of pure number you maybe right, I haven't gone through all the slams of past 30 years but Nadal is not the only one who has had an easy slam. You can cry all you want. 

lol I am not salty, he won the *ing championship, you are the only one crying about draw. Deal with it! 

Nadal didn't have a knee injury at AO, it was a muscle tear. Perhaps read the news, instead of exposing your fake news skills again and again?

Edited by zep1706

6 minutes ago, zep1706 said:

Nadal's draw was no different in quality than Sampras' draws of Wimbledon 1996 or 2000 or Federer's AO 2006 and 2007 draw. The seeds are just numbers. Del Potro was playing top 5 tennis at the US open. Yes in terms of pure number you maybe right, I haven't gone through all the slams of past 30 years but Nadal is not the only one who has had an easy slam. You can cry all you want. 

lol I am not salty, he won the *ing championship, you are the only one crying about draw. Deal with it! 

Nadal didn't have a knee injury at AO, it was a muscle tear. Perhaps read the news, instead of exposing your fake news skills again and again?

Now who is peddling 'fake news'. I asked you a question.  Is it fake news or not that Nadal's faced the lowest ranked players to win a slam in the last 30-35 years ?

I am not talking about the AO18. I am talking about the last half of 2017. He complained of knee pain in Wimbledon. Also during the USO. Then again when he rested after Shanghai. And again when he pulled out of WTF. 

Can you show me the last time Nadal had multiple knee-related complaints in the five-six month window I described ?

Therein lies your answer to whether its simply another injury that he will overcome like he has or it this beginning to sound chronic. 

@Muloghonto not sure why you bother with nadaltards. Bloke's clearly in ruins after Maestro demolished little Rafa's dreams of ending up with the slam record. I am pretty sure there was a statistic which showed no one ever (or was it last 50 or whatever years?) has won a slam without facing a top 25 player (big lol @ 2006 AO, 2007 AO draw comparison, or talking about gassed out, sick, post injury Del Potro as someone who played top 5 tennis lol, only a Nadaltard can do that). Nadal created a new record there. He does need that kind of luck now that he cannot take 40 seconds between every point to rest like a rabbit. Let's see what he does at this USO. If he defends it like Federer did AO this year, then that would be a statement. Given that he has defended nothing outside of his precious clay ever, I won't be waiting with bated breath. Loving the fact that this Nadaltard and many others across social media are in absolute ruins over #20.

9 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Now who is peddling 'fake news'. I asked you a question.  Is it fake news or not that Nadal's faced the lowest ranked players to win a slam in the last 30-35 years ?

I am not talking about the AO18. I am talking about the last half of 2017. He complained of knee pain in Wimbledon. Also during the USO. Then again when he rested after Shanghai. And again when he pulled out of WTF. 

Can you show me the last time Nadal had multiple knee-related complaints in the five-six month window I described ?

Therein lies your answer to whether its simply another injury that he will overcome like he has or it this beginning to sound chronic. 

The fake news was that he did not face any seeded player which has been debunked. Comprende?  

Now obviously you changed your question, which I don't know I haven't been around for that long, nor have I had the chance to go through all the draws of past 30-35 years. I don't have the time or energy to do so. You can keep crying about weak draw. 

Another fake news, Nadal didn't complain about knee pain in Wimbledon or US open, show me where he did? 

WTF was not a different injury. It was mostly a stress issue, he came back too quick, maybe because of the weak field he sensed a chance but obviously he wasn't ready yet. He mentioned at AO18 that after the rest his knees are fine. There is no "terminal" issue yet. In any case, I don't see him playing till 36-37 like Federer. Federer is the anomaly here, Nadal has had a career longer than most players before him. His longevity is already up there with the best. I have no issues with him retiring by 35, I expect him to. 

Edited by zep1706

9 minutes ago, Dil Dil India said:

@Muloghonto not sure why you bother with nadaltards. Bloke's clearly in ruins after Maestro demolished little Rafa's dreams of ending up with the slam record. I am pretty sure there was a statistic which showed no one ever (or was it last 50 or whatever years?) has won a slam without facing a top 25 player (big lol @ 2006 AO, 2007 AO draw comparison, or talking about gassed out, sick, post injury Del Potro as someone who played top 5 tennis lol, only a Nadaltard can do that). Nadal created a new record there. He does need that kind of luck now that he cannot take 40 seconds between every point to rest like a rabbit. Let's see what he does at this USO. If he defends it like Federer did AO this year, then that would be a statement. Given that he has defended nothing outside of his precious clay ever, I won't be waiting with bated breath. Loving the fact that this Nadaltard and many others across social media are in absolute ruins over #20.

lol you vile creature, funny how you go on a hiding when Nadal wins and come back when Federer wins. Not only vile, but a coward too.

Edited by zep1706

5 minutes ago, zep1706 said:

lol you vile creature, funny how you go on a hiding when Nadal wins and come back when Federer wins. Not only vile, but a coward too.

lol. Personal attacks are the last resort of Nadal tards such as yourself. They have been thoroughly given a hiding much like their time violating idol. Nadal didn't win zilch from 2014 FO -2017 FO - I barely posted in that time frame, you are lying through your teeth as usual. You are the coward - I know what crap you have been posting at other places. Your insinuations about Federer speak volumes about your character, courage and personality (lack thereof)....hope you're around when Nadal gets kicked out of RG.

Edited by Dil Dil India

The fake news was that he did not face any seeded player which has been debunked. Comprende?  

Now obviously you changed your question, which I don't know I haven't been around for that long, nor have I had the chance to go through all the draws of past 30-35 years. I don't have the time or energy to do so. You can keep crying about weak draw. 

You should learn to read better- I already said much earlier in this thread that Nadal had the easiest path to a slam in the last 25-30 years or more. 

Another fake news, Nadal didn't complain about knee pain in Wimbledon or US open, show me where he did? 

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/tennis/824265/Wimbledon-2017-Rafael-Nadal-knee-injury-John-Millman-latest-tennis-news

https://www.sportlineng.com/2017/06/12/nadal-hopes-knees-hold-wimbledon-run/

http://www.ubitennis.net/2017/12/rafael-nadal-admits-knee-not-100-per-cent-fit/

WTF was not a different injury. It was mostly a stress issue, he came back too quick, maybe because of the weak field he sensed a chance but obviously he wasn't ready yet. He mentioned at AO18 that after the rest his knees are fine. There is no "terminal" issue yet. In any case, I don't see him playing till 36-37 like Federer. Federer is the anomaly here, Nadal has had a career longer than most players before him. His longevity is already up there with the best. I have no issues with him retiring by 35, I expect him to. 

Yes, stress issue from his knee being a chronic injury. I hope you know what the word 'chronic' means. 

This isn't his usual ' plays great, knee gets injured, comes back 100% and plays great again for months' routine. 

Nadal will be 32 this year. 

If you see him retiring by 35 and his knees keep going out on him, he has another 2 seasons of being genuinely in the hunt for slams before he is in the 'Djokovic zone' for the last year or so till he turns 35. 

9 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

You should learn to read better- I already said much earlier in this thread that Nadal had the easiest path to a slam in the last 25-30 years or more. 

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/tennis/824265/Wimbledon-2017-Rafael-Nadal-knee-injury-John-Millman-latest-tennis-news

https://www.sportlineng.com/2017/06/12/nadal-hopes-knees-hold-wimbledon-run/

http://www.ubitennis.net/2017/12/rafael-nadal-admits-knee-not-100-per-cent-fit/

Yes, stress issue from his knee being a chronic injury. I hope you know what the word 'chronic' means. 

This isn't his usual ' plays great, knee gets injured, comes back 100% and plays great again for months' routine. 

Nadal will be 32 this year. 

If you see him retiring by 35 and his knees keep going out on him, he has another 2 seasons of being genuinely in the hunt for slams before he is in the 'Djokovic zone' for the last year or so till he turns 35. 

You should learn to know facts instead of peddling lies like "he did not face any seeded players". You again changed it when I showed you the truth, doesn't mean you weren't peddling lies initially. 

There's nothing in those links that suggest that he was complaining about knee in Wimbledon. He has had knee issues on grass for years now, as he struggles to move, change direction and get low, there's nothing new in it, nor does it suggest anything "terminal". He was probably asked a question about his knee and he said he was hopeful it will hold out. He did not complain knee injury. Perhaps, you should try to comprehend better. The last link is from December. 

I am happy with his career, if he has 2 good years in him, that's more than enough as far as I am concerned. I enjoyed seeing him win majors every year for 10 years and then 2017, saw him beating Federer 23 times in that period, 9 times in majors, saw him having epic matches against Djokovic in slams, thoroughly satisfying if you ask me. can't ask for more. 

Edited by zep1706

22 minutes ago, Dil Dil India said:

lol. Personal attacks are the last resort of Nadal tards such as yourself. They have been thoroughly given a hiding much like their time violating idol. Nadal didn't win zilch from 2014 FO -2017 FO - I barely posted in that time frame, you are lying through your teeth as usual. You are the coward - I know what crap you have been posting at other places. Your insinuations about Federer speak volumes about your character, courage and personality (lack thereof)....hope you're around when Nadal gets kicked out of RG.

I don't consider Nadal to be my idol. He's my favorite tennis player but not idol, I have favorites in other sports too. I will be around when he loses or wins, unlike you I am not a coward and a gloryhunter who only shows up in good times. 

Edited by zep1706

25 minutes ago, zep1706 said:

I don't consider Nadal to be my idol. He's my favorite tennis player but not idol, I have favorites in other sports too. I will be around when he loses or wins, unlike you I am not a coward and a gloryhunter who only shows up in good times. 

Beat around the bush all you want, but you have been thoroughly exposed...and I was always around when Federer lost those finals in a row....I remember all the crap Raghav and you spewed at that time. With your lies, intellectual dishonesty and snide insinuations, your lack of class is very clear. I don't know why muloghonto is even bothering with dishonest and classless Nadaltards like yourself. I guess owning Nadaltards never gets old.

29 minutes ago, Dil Dil India said:

Beat around the bush all you want, but you have been thoroughly exposed...and I was always around when Federer lost those finals in a row....I remember all the crap Raghav and you spewed at that time. With your lies, intellectual dishonesty and snide insinuations, your lack of class is very clear. I don't know why muloghonto is even bothering with dishonest and classless Nadaltards like yourself. I guess owning Nadaltards never gets old.

Exposed what exactly? lol

If you think my thread on TTW about Federer being the fittest athlete is an exposure, only god can help you. You are that pathetic. That was a reality check for Fedtards who have been accusing Nadal for years. Funnily they don't do it anymore because they can't possibly get away with it without having to face similar questions about grandpa Federer doing miracles. Even the cesspool blog where Fedtards used to circle jerk over Nadal and then later Djokovic decided to close shop last year because people started asking questions about Federer. That's no exposure. Everyone here knows that I have an account on TTW. Try harder. Here I am linking it myself if anyone wants to go over what I post there https://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php?members/zep.719115/

When I falsely accused you of labeling doping accusations last year, I actually apologized to you later. I have basic human decency, which you don't. So keep off your high horse. Hope you don't go on a hiding if and when Nadal wins a major again, like you did last year. Remember how you hoped that Nadal wouldn't be #1 and then when he actually became #1 and won US open you went AWOL? That's cowardly but expected of you! 

Edited by zep1706

2 hours ago, zep1706 said:

Exposed what exactly? lol

If you think my thread on TTW about Federer being the fittest athlete is an exposure, only god can help you. You are that pathetic. That was a reality check for Fedtards who have been accusing Nadal for years. Funnily they don't do it anymore because they can't possibly get away with it without having to face similar questions about grandpa Federer doing miracles. Even the cesspool blog where Fedtards used to circle jerk over Nadal and then later Djokovic decided to close shop last year because people started asking questions about Federer. That's no exposure. Everyone here knows that I have an account on TTW. Try harder. Here I am linking it myself if anyone wants to go over what I post there https://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php?members/zep.719115/

When I falsely accused you of labeling doping accusations last year, I actually apologized to you later. I have basic human decency, which you don't. So keep off your high horse. Hope you don't go on a hiding if and when Nadal wins a major again, like you did last year. Remember how you hoped that Nadal wouldn't be #1 and then when he actually became #1 and won US open you went AWOL? That's cowardly but expected of you! 

You had to apologize because you were caught lying through your teeth as usual - that has nothing to do with decency, you were just saving face. Like I said, since 2014 FO - 2017 FO when Nadal won jack diddly squat and gramps was losing all those finals to peak Djokovic, I was always there. Just because I have not made 8262 posts it doesn't mean I only post when Federer wins lol, that's just you lying as usual. Nobody cares what account you have where, or for your ad hominem attacks. You can try to wriggle your way out of nonsense by posting empty stuff,, but it is clear as day what you are upto.  You were caught with your pants down by muloghonto here, so you're simply trying to keep up your reputation as the most vacuous troll on the internet by trying to shift attention to me by posting lies, irrelevant nonsense and baiting.