Shaun Tait takes temporary retirement

Man' date= I am really amazed at most of the reactions here. Everyone seems to be glad that Tait broke down. It would have been nicer had all of us here spent some time thinking about some of the trauma he would have gone through for him to have made this decision. One thing that Tait has going for him is, CA will take good for him. I am sure they would have already begun to put a rehabilitation program tailored to suit his specific needs. He will be back, very soon.
Why does that surprise you? Indians are no different than any other race, Pakistani or Aussie, when it comes to thumping their chest and acting nonsensical. I dont feel sorry for Tait because he said something and couldnt deliver. I feel sorry for the lad since he is only 24 and has run into a situation where even though his body is willing his mind is not. This was amply evident in the Perth Test when he lost his run-up while bowling to Pathan. In a way this is a sign of how stressed today's cricketers are. You can blame media, fans, advertisers and everyone else, including the player but in the end the one who carries the cross is the player only. The way I see it cricket is going way too much into money-advertising-endless games circle and pretty soon we shall see more examples of players falling out, atleast Tait was open about it. xxx
Man' date= I am really amazed at most of the reactions here. Everyone seems to be glad that Tait broke down. It would have been nicer had all of us here spent some time thinking about some of the trauma he would have gone through for him to have made this decision. One thing that Tait has going for him is, CA will take good for him. I am sure they would have already begun to put a rehabilitation program tailored to suit his specific needs. He will be back, very soon.
Nothing to be surprised man! That is the true nature that you see with no flavor. If you fall, there will be 1 or 2 who offers you a hand to get up; all others would find it funny! That's the reality!

India, the kangaroo slayer Two potentially bright careers have been brought to ruthless endings. Brad Hogg, who was supposed to take over from the Australians and Shaun Tait who was supposed to destroy the Indian batting line up. One went into hiding taking voluntary retirement and the other is facing a career threatening drop from the side when the selectors meet next. Two Aussie greats finished in this series. The scar will remain in the Aussie cricketing history for a long time.

Two potentially bright careers have been brought to ruthless endings. Brad Hogg' date=' who was supposed to take over from the Australians and Shaun Tait who was supposed to destroy the Indian batting line up. One went into hiding taking voluntary retirement and the other is facing a career threatening drop from the side when the selectors meet next.[b'] Two Aussie greats finished in this series. The scar will remain in the Aussie cricketing history for a long time.
come on now. aussie greats ? :haha: tait was a promising quick with a long injury history. there are better bowlers than him in the domestic comp hogg unfortunately is one of our better spinners at the moment which is saying something about our spin department. hopefully something we can improve. i dont think this is going to scar the australian team. you're gonna have to do better than this.. this is a desperate attempt to get one up here..
come on now. aussie greats ? :haha: tait was a promising quick with a long injury history. there are better bowlers than him in the domestic comp hogg unfortunately is one of our better spinners at the moment which is saying something about our spin department. hopefully something we can improve. i dont think this is going to scar the australian team. you're gonna have to do better than this.. this is a desperate attempt to get one up here..
Well, they were stopped short of greatness. They were hyped up and it didnt help them:D Yes, spin is a problem for Australia. But I think Hogg was a little unfortunate to run into the Indians at this point of his career. Indians and very good players of spin and can make any spinner look really ordinary. Even Shane Warne was not spared, so poor Hogg have been unfortunate here. Now, for Australia, if McGill isnt doing the job right, they will have a tough problem. Following Tait's retirement, I think most of the younger Australian players have not been exposed to defeats much which is not helping them at this moment. Tait obviously found this failure too much to handle.

haha seriously mate, you're going a bit overboard here. getting a bit desperate.. hogg was never going to be great. and tait we always held our breath when he bowled in the hope he doesnt get injured. sure, he is exciting, he is quick.. great to watch. but not a leader of a bowling attack. failure too much too handle because we were beaten once ? :hysterical: ease up mate. none of australia is too worried. we got a bowler in the domestic comp called doug bollinger. he has taken 46 wickets @ an average of 14 this year. we cant wait to play him.

haha seriously mate, you're going a bit overboard here. getting a bit desperate.. hogg was never going to be great. and tait we always held our breath when he bowled in the hope he doesnt get injured. sure, he is exciting, he is quick.. great to watch. but not a leader of a bowling attack. failure too much too handle because we were beaten once ? :hysterical: ease up mate. none of australia is too worried. we got a bowler in the domestic comp called doug bollinger. he has taken 46 wickets @ an average of 14 this year. we cant wait to play him.
Tait obviously found failure too hot. Thats why the hiding. Quitters dont win.
And we bash our Munna Patel, when there are 2-bit-Taits to inspire many more. This proves dsr's one thread -- One more hastens retirement due to India :D. Btw... Hogg is another one whose test career Sehwag will help in ending in future. it seems if Sehwag avoids the slash outside off stump, he has the tools and mental stamina needed to last out there a long time and do fair amount of damage along the way.
excellent post
How is Noffke doing? Was following a bit of Aussie domestics before the international series began and he was in red hot form with ball and bat. Didn't follow up how his season ended.
noffke is killing it. second most wickets. improved his batting heaps.. a genuine all rounder. you'll get to see him in the one dayers as he was picked in the squad.
Tait obviously found failure too hot. Thats why the hiding. Quitters dont win.
haha please.. again, you're going to have to do better than that.
Guest HariSampath
its just been reported on the news here in aus that Tait is probably suffering depression. ive had someone close to me suffer with depression' date=' not a very pleasant illness. hope he can get back on track.[/quote'] Can't say I blame him...all that bowling to Tendulkar...I was pretty sure he was suffering from something, because when he was bowling that last over and Ponting told him "one more over"...Tait thought Ricky meant it and bowled 12 balls himself
Guest HariSampath
i wont be surprised if hogg is next :D
Now you know why Kumble withdrew level 3 charges against Hogg .....its all strategy, unfortunately he got away with 5 overs for 40 :finger: Remember what Sachin did when Hogg asked him to sign the ball with which he took his wicket ...wrote " never again, mate" on the ball...thats the best trophy Hoggy gets to keep and tell his grandchildren about