Shaun Tait takes temporary retirement

Shaun Tait quits Australian fast bowler Shaun Tait has quit cricket indefinitely, citing emotional and physical exhaustion. Tait said his love for the game had diminished and he would not play cricket at any level for an indefinite period. "This is a very difficult situation for me to be in at this time," Tait said today in a statement. "This is not an overnight decision but something that I've been struggling with for some time. "A break from professional cricket will hopefully give me a clear mind and a chance for my body to rest and recover. "My love and enjoyment of the game is struggling due to these issues and if I continue to go on, it will be unfair on my team mates and support staff of both the Australian and South Australian cricket teams - and most importantly my family and close friends." The World Cup star struggled in his one Test appearance of the summer - the third Test against India in Perth - after a long battle to regain fitness following elbow surgery. http://www.smh.com.au/news/cricket/shaun-tait-quits/2008/01/29/1201369124654.html another retirement caused by indian batsmen..:giggle:

Shaun Tait quits Australian fast bowler Shaun Tait has quit cricket indefinitely, citing emotional and physical exhaustion. Tait said his love for the game had diminished and he would not play cricket at any level for an indefinite period. "This is a very difficult situation for me to be in at this time," Tait said today in a statement. "This is not an overnight decision but something that I've been struggling with for some time. "A break from professional cricket will hopefully give me a clear mind and a chance for my body to rest and recover. "My love and enjoyment of the game is struggling due to these issues and if I continue to go on, it will be unfair on my team mates and support staff of both the Australian and South Australian cricket teams - and most importantly my family and close friends." The World Cup star struggled in his one Test appearance of the summer - the third Test against India in Perth - after a long battle to regain fitness following elbow surgery. http://www.smh.com.au/news/cricket/shaun-tait-quits/2008/01/29/1201369124654.html another retirement caused by indian batsmen..:giggle:
LOL :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: He should shut his stupid mouth.

You guys realise what's happening, don't you? Gilly's retirement, the Bhajji fiasco, and now Tait's sabbatical, is completely overshadowing the most thoroughly enjoyable and competitive series played in recent times. Instead of discussing Sehwag's historical innings, the papers are agog with all this rubbish.

But one thing's for sure though, Professional sport is not for the weak-minded. It really does test the hell out of a sportsman, all the constant traveling, jostling by the media, pressure of the whole world's scrutiny on you, can get to some sportsman sometimes. And if anything, I predict this to be the reason why most sportsman retire from their sport. Ultimately, most hang up their boots not because they cant play at a competitive level, but because, beyond a point, it all becomes too much for them. Shaun Tait is still very young, already worn the Baggie Green. If he wasnt able to handle the mental stress of it anymore, I would say the temporary break from the game will certainly help him. It will make him realize the true love he has for the game, he will miss the Aussie colors and will come back more motivated. It will be certainly sad if the cricket world lost one of its genuine quick bowlers so soon.

And we bash our Munna Patel, when there are 2-bit-Taits to inspire many more. This proves dsr's one thread -- One more hastens retirement due to India :D. Btw... Hogg is another one whose test career Sehwag will help in ending in future. it seems if Sehwag avoids the slash outside off stump, he has the tools and mental stamina needed to last out there a long time and do fair amount of damage along the way.

And I know this may sound a bit irrelevant, but all these news from players like Trescothick and Tait, should help us realize what a truly great player Sachin has been. Nearly 19 years after he first played for India, he still has the hunger, the quest for perfection to come up with his best ever performance in a test series. And when you consider the kind of pressure Sachin has had to face through his career, his longevity is even more breathtaking. He is a truly a genius. On to Tait though.......

You guys realise what's happening, don't you? Gilly's retirement, the Bhajji fiasco, and now Tait's sabbatical, is completely overshadowing the most thoroughly enjoyable and competitive series played in recent times. Instead of discussing Sehwag's historical innings, the papers are agog with all this rubbish.
You call Gilly's retirement "Rubbish" Doc ? Strange. And Tait's sabbatical isnt irrelevant news either. Its serious news, and deserves all the attention it gets.

You know what I really think, his ego is hurt after the Perth test This guy was hyped as hell and he came up with those audacious statements? what happened, he was a super failure. Now, he is trying to cover his ass so it seems that his failure was a mental issue otherwise he was gonna run through the Indian line-up You mean CA is so unprofessional that they would let a mentally disturbed guy come in an play for a test just like that, can't you tell from the body language and all He'll be back, this is just a way to avoid embarrassment

I reckon he may debut at IPL in April. The Pakistan series is scheduled at the same time and handful of Aussie cricketers have signed up for IPL as well. The players are going to be paid heck a lot for few days of cricket and I won't rule out Gilly retirement was connected with this one. He'll finish playing CB series and he's off to India to participate in IPL. Gilly will avoid the gruesome Pakistan tour that will take a lot out of him during the test matches meanwhile he'll still play cricket in short bursts for a little period but will be paid heck a lot for it.

Goes on to highlight how the life of a professional sportsman can be an emotionally challenging one and the mental strength required to cope with expectations of the fans and yourself. Makes one admire the demeanor or guys like Tendulkar even more who live through several times more pressure than this every second. Hopefully, he can come back soon rejuvinated.