Pathan.....A Cheat?

16 str8

Pathan.....A Cheat?  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • Umpires are paid to do the Job

Irfan Pathan hit the cover off the ball and was caught behind in the first ODI, yet he did not walk? How hypocritical of the Indian cricket team, after all the whinging following Symonds decision not to walk. It is obvious that sportsmanship within the Indian team is dead.

Irfan Pathan hit the cover off the ball and was caught behind in the first ODI, yet he did not walk? How hypocritical of the Indian cricket team, after all the whinging following Symonds decision not to walk. It is obvious that sportsmanship within the Indian team is dead.
Come on ... we never said he should walk when he has nicked it , it depends upon person to person.Indians were angry on f@cknor who didn't hear his nick.
Come on ... we never said he should walk when he has nicked it ' date=' it depends upon person to person.Indians were angry on f@cknor who didn't hear his nick.[/quote'] Oh no, from everything I have read/heard, many Indians considered Symonds a cheat for not walking, even though it is not in the rules. So under that same rule, Pathan is a cheat also.
No one criticized him for not walking' date=' it is just that u imagine things up to score petty points.[/quote'] Considering I don't know what 'petty points' are, you are wrong. And your claim that no-one criticized Symonds for not walking is ridiculous. But even if you were right, which are not, I have also read many comments on this site which suggest that Bucknor was payed by the Australians. So this must mean that surely the Indians payed the umpires in the first ODI?
lets turn this into a poll... some aussie fans clutching at straws or some parosites trying to stir things up....???
So if someone's opinion differs from yours they are stirrers or clutching at straws? Hardly tolerant is it? I suggest you get out and travel. And who says I am Australian?
So if someone's opinion differs from yours they are stirrers or clutching at straws? Hardly tolerant is it? I suggest you get out and travel. And who says I am Australian?
hmmm ... ok so lets talk about opinions then... I will accept that Irfan is a cheat if u do the following... Accept that Symonds is a bigger cheat he was out 3 times (and he knows it) and still did not walk Accept Ponting is a cheat since he did not walk for the catch Accept your future captain Clarke is cheat since he claimed a bumped catch basically accept that the whole of aussie team acted like imbeciles... And as for me travelling... i have been travelling since last 15 years... 7 years in India and last 8 in US... And When i meant parosites i meant padosis....
Can you provide a quote by any member of Indian team "whinging" about Symonds not walking? If not, will you promise to get back to your hole?
Considering I don't know what 'petty points' are' date=' you are wrong.[/quote'] :D
And your claim that no-one criticized Symonds for not walking is ridiculous. But even if you were right, which are not, I have also read many comments on this site which suggest that Bucknor was payed by the Australians. So this must mean that surely the Indians payed the umpires in the first ODI?
I agree that the word *No One* is an exaggeration, but I can assure you that is the majority view. Most of the posters where finding fault with the umpires and not the players. And regarding your second point, you are obviously wrong, many posters here claimed Bucknor is biased against Indians and also claimed the umpires favored the aussies and only a few claimed that Bucknor was bribed, that to sarcastically after a AUS newspaper ran a story saying that ICC pays $$$ to Bucknor make wrong decisions. I dare you to show those many comments that you have seen. Thirdly, We were enraged not because we got an one off bad decision but, we repeatedly got bad decisions. Even yesterday the umpire didn't give Gilly out, he walked on his own. Umpires make mistakes but when the mistakes are so blatant and far too many, with even the third umpire with all the slow motions makes mistakes then it is a cause of worry.
hmmm ... ok so lets talk about opinions then... I will accept that Irfan is a cheat if u do the following... Accept that Symonds is a bigger cheat he was out 3 times (and he knows it) and still did not walk Accept Ponting is a cheat since he did not walk for the catch Accept your future captain Clarke is cheat since he claimed a bumped catch basically accept that the whole of aussie team acted like imbeciles... And as for me travelling... i have been travelling since last 15 years... 7 years in India and last 8 in US... And When i meant parosites i meant padosis....
Nope, I never stated that Pathan was a cheat, just raised the question. As I have said, many people put down Symonds for not walking, but there has been no mention Pathan. I am of the opinion that the umpires decision is final. So in my view Pathan, Symonds and Ponting are not cheaters. However it is clear these days that if that decision does not sit well with India then that umpire is sacked, a tactic which seems to be paying off for India. Can you prove that Clarke did not take the catch cleanly? The only person that really knows is Clarke, and he has stated that he caught it.
Nope, I never stated that Pathan was a cheat, just raised the question. As I have said, many people put down Symonds for not walking, but there has been no mention Pathan. I am of the opinion that the umpires decision is final. So in my view Pathan, Symonds and Ponting are not cheaters. However it is clear these days that if that decision does not sit well with India then that umpire is sacked, a tactic which seems to be paying off for India. Can you prove that Clarke did not take the catch cleanly? The only person that really knows is Clarke, and he has stated that he caught it.
Really?? if that would have been the case, then this would have been India's series... In fact it was India's series... until umpires decided to hand it over to Australia. In fact the converse has been true for India, 2004 series belonged to India, which ultimately ended in a hard fought draw... guess who was the umpire then... thats right... Bucknor. And by the way, not many suggested that Symonds is a cheat... yes he is definitely arrogant and cocky for the way he flaunted in media, how he was out and did not walk... If nobody can say that the catch was clean then how come the batsman did not get benefit of doubt or r u new to that concept also....
Where did he say that Symonds not walking was against the spirit of the game?
What else would he have been elluding to? Clarke's catch? If so then it is poor form by Kumble, there has been no evidence to conclusively show that the ball bounced. Perhaps Anil should take a look at his own players first.... [ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=eoc_RqY6yws]YouTube - Ganguly falsely claims catch in World Cup 2003 Final[/ame] [ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=bOr-81K49Ks]YouTube - MS Dhoni & Pieterson England v India 2007 Cricket Catch[/ame]
Really?? if that would have been the case, then this would have been India's series... In fact it was India's series... until umpires decided to hand it over to Australia. In fact the converse has been true for India, 2004 series belonged to India, which ultimately ended in a hard fought draw... guess who was the umpire then... thats right... Bucknor. And by the way, not many suggested that Symonds is a cheat... yes he is definitely arrogant and cocky for the way he flaunted in media, how he was out and did not walk... If nobody can say that the catch was clean then how come the batsman did not get benefit of doubt or r u new to that concept also....
Because there was an agreement between Ponting and Kumble to take the word of the fielding team. Are you new to this concept? You say the 2004 series belonged to India, yet they have not defeated Australia in a test series since 2001?