Lets get it straight - Ball tampering is NOT a big crime

15 minutes ago, Scar said:

So, what option you chose then? 

Let me Make it simpler for you. 

If you had chose A, I would've called you delusional much like what you are calling me right now. 

If you chose B, that would've been much more rational option as there's precedence for that, re - faf, afridi, mark etc. 

So chose wisely and answer. Anxiously waiting for your response in the alfresco of my lala-land. 

I don't deal with hypothetical questions about what I think a course of action any individual might or might not do.

At this moment I know what decisions 3 Australian cricketers took.

I only know for certain what I would do .

43 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

I don't deal with hypothetical questions about what I think a course of action any individual might or might not do.

At this moment I know what decisions 3 Australian cricketers took.

I only know for certain what I would do .

You got me confused here, what is the premise of your reasoning then? 

Do you support the ban and them being treated like a ragdoll because they tampered the ball? 

Or

You support the ban just because they accepted their crime unlike their predecessors? 

Just now, Scar said:

You got me confused here, what is the premise of your reasoning then? 

Do you support the ban and them being treated like a ragdoll because they tampered the ball? 

Or

You support the ban just because they accepted their crime unlike their predecessors? 

I support the ban because of the charges levelled on them from Cricket Australia which in Smith and Warner's case was NOT ball tampering.

6 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

I support the ban because of the charges levelled on them from Cricket Australia which in Smith and Warner's case was NOT ball tampering.

And remind me again why you support cricket Australia? 

If you answer is because Smith accepted it's premeditated cheating, then we will be going in circles. I hope you have some grotesque reasoning for it. 

1 minute ago, Scar said:

If you answer is because Smith accepted it's premeditated cheating, then we will be going in circles. I hope you have some grotesque reasoning for it. 

I don't support Cricket Australia, I support cricket 

13 minutes ago, Scar said:

The reasoning is simple, I don't want players to use tampering as some sort of a calculated risk in high profile games knowing that the penalty for doing so is only a slap on the wrist. 

Dont want a scenario where Australia scores 240 odd in a World cup semi finals and then takes a chance by tampering the ball to gain some unfair edge because they know that at worst they'll only get a slap on the wrist.

DGAF about what happened prior to this, only care about what happens from now on. Simple enough for you to understand as to why I support cricket Australia's stance in this?

Edited by urnotserious
2 minutes ago, urnotserious said:

The reasoning is simple, I don't want players to use tampering as some sort of a calculated risk in high profile games knowing that the penalty for doing so is only a slap on the wrist. 

Dont want a scenario where Australia scores 240 odd in a World cup semi finals and then takes a chance by tampering the ball to gain some unfair edge because they know that at worst they'll only get a slap on the wrist.

DGAF about what happened prior to this, only care about what happens from now on. Simple enough for you to understand as to why I support cricket Australia's stance in this?

1. And what guarantee you have that this won't be repeated ever again especially when they play at home, or you are naive to think home broadcaster will wash their dirty linen in public?  

2. If any player is indeed caught tampering, they be like, 'that's one match ban and some demerit points. Off you go. Chop chop.' that's the max punishment there is for such crime. 

3. Pakistan was reversing it in CT when no team could, what makes you think it is so easy to catch tampering. 

Again, they are in the slurry because they dared enough to accept their mistake. Period. 

2 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

If you don't understand that then you never been a cricketer or you don't understand cricket 

Let's keep such generalities to bare minimum. Thank you. 

Now explain what your reasoning is, or you can simply say no. Won't pester you anymore. 

17 minutes ago, Scar said:

1. And what guarantee you have that this won't be repeated ever again especially when they play at home, or you are naive to think home broadcaster will wash their dirty linen in public?  

2. If any player is indeed caught tampering, they be like, 'that's one match ban and some demerit points. Off you go. Chop chop.' that's the max punishment there is for such crime. 

3. Pakistan was reversing it in CT when no team could, what makes you think it is so easy to catch tampering. 

Again, they are in the slurry because they dared enough to accept their mistake. Period. 

1. Dont have any guarantees, we never do. Just probabilities, if the penalties are harsh the probability of someone cheating is lower. 

2. Don't know why you included this point, I am very much against this point where they only get a match ban and demerit points.

3. Pak were tampering(if they were) because they knew the penalty for it is a match. Let's ban any player caught for a year and that should help if not take care of the problem entirely. 

28 minutes ago, urnotserious said:

1. Dont have any guarantees, we never do. Just probabilities, if the penalties are harsh the probability of someone cheating is lower. 

2. Don't know why you included this point, I am very much against this point where they only get a match ban and demerit points.

3. Pak were tampering(if they were) because they knew the penalty for it is a match. Let's ban any player caught for a year and that should help if not take care of the problem entirely. 

1. No board other than CA would give such harsh punishment even in future and that is assuming the player accept the crime first which has less chance of happening than Dhoni leaving us before 2019 WC. 

2. I included that to show what ICC the chief regulating and implementing body of such crimes, thinks of such issues. Clearly, player accepting the crime had at max one match ban, so you understand the level of crime for which the players are vilified & castigated for. 

3. See, that's the thing, they were reversing it from around 20th over and that's impossible unless you do 'something more' than normal conditioning the ball. You can bet your bottom dollar that even if they were caught they would've cried fowl and be would've forgotten everything by now.

-If accepting your Mistakes such a big crime in Cricket than next time players will be even more apprehensive of accepting their mistakes knowing very well the flak they will get compared to just cry conspiracy and let the cricket boards tussle it out among themselves. 

Edited by Scar
1 hour ago, Scar said:

1. No board other than CA would give such harsh punishment even in future and that is assuming the player accept the crime first which has less chance of happening than Dhoni leaving us before 2019 WC. 

2. I included that to show what ICC the chief regulating and implementing body of such crimes, thinks of such issues. Clearly, player accepting the crime had at max one match ban, so you understand the level of crime for which the players are vilified & castigated for. 

3. See, that's the thing, they were reversing it from around 20th over and that's impossible unless you do 'something more' than normal conditioning the ball. You can bet your bottom dollar that even if they were caught they would've cried fowl and be would've forgotten everything by now.

-If accepting your Mistakes such a big crime in Cricket than next time players will be even more apprehensive of accepting their mistakes knowing very well the flak they will get compared to just cry conspiracy and let the cricket boards tussle it out among themselves. 

1. They didn't "accept" their crime. We saw it, they lied, hid it, lied some more and we told them nuh uh, you *ing liar. Then they cried about how they were lying. 

None of your other drivel matters until you answer MY question now. Are you in the future, going to be OK with a captain taking this(ball tampering) as a calculated risk knowing that the penalty is just a slap on the wrist? Using a low level, about to be left off the team player(such as Bancroft/Unadkat) to alter the ball significantly in a world cup knockout stage? Then gain reverse swing, win the game, get caught and then still progress on to the next level when the only player banned is someone like a Bancroft/Unadkat? 

Absolutely thrilled at the negative spotlight on these snowflakes. They deserve all the negative publicity. Ball tampering is cheating and is as bad as match fixing because one is trying to alter the outcome of the game by illegal means. It is high time, the cricketing world looks at it in the same light. One year ban is just right. 

10 hours ago, urnotserious said:

1. They didn't "accept" their crime. We saw it, they lied, hid it, lied some more and we told them nuh uh, you *ing liar. Then they cried about how they were lying. 

None of your other drivel matters until you answer MY question now. Are you in the future, going to be OK with a captain taking this(ball tampering) as a calculated risk knowing that the penalty is just a slap on the wrist? Using a low level, about to be left off the team player(such as Bancroft/Unadkat) to alter the ball significantly in a world cup knockout stage? Then gain reverse swing, win the game, get caught and then still progress on to the next level when the only player banned is someone like a Bancroft/Unadkat? 

They accepted it, they were not caught. Refer to my earlier posts about what they had to for this to be a non issue by now. 

It doesn't matter if my ok with it or not. Problem with your chain of your thoughts is that you are looking at it in an isolated events. Have more holistically of it, people won't do it in future, they are already doing it to gain advantage in ICC tournaments ala Pakistan which you conveniently painted as drivel. What makes you think people will stop doing tampering because of this? 

11 hours ago, Scar said:

They accepted it, they were not caught. Refer to my earlier posts about what they had to for this to be a non issue by now. 

It doesn't matter if my ok with it or not. Problem with your chain of your thoughts is that you are looking at it in an isolated events. Have more holistically of it, people won't do it in future, they are already doing it to gain advantage in ICC tournaments ala Pakistan which you conveniently painted as drivel. What makes you think people will stop doing tampering because of this? 

They accepted it AFTER they were caught AND they tried to lie. Remember that black piece of cloth that Bancroft pulled out to avoid pulling out the sand paper? That is NOT accepting. 

You are living in alternate reality. That is the problem with your chain of thoughts.

12 minutes ago, urnotserious said:

They accepted it AFTER they were caught AND they tried to lie. Remember that black piece of cloth that Bancroft pulled out to avoid pulling out the sand paper? That is NOT accepting. 

You are living in alternate reality. That is the problem with your chain of thoughts.

Afridi was caught biting the ball ffs. Remind me again what explanation he gave for that, or my memory is giving up on me that he made up a story that not even a 3 year old would believe. 

Faf was caught using zipper, did he accepted his crime. 

I can go on & on, but you get the point that everyone one was caught and if they wanted, they could have easily cooked up a half baked story or play victim ala waqar, faf etc. 

Point again, cricket have shown the way that you can't be honest about your mistakes because if you do it only add fuels to your crime. Answer me a simple thing, what you think would've been the outcome had they denied it outright and played victim card?