Is MT too undercooked for International cricket?

coverpoint

Is MT too undercooked for International cricket?  

1. 1.

• Yes he should go back to domestics
    • No it was a one off game ... he is ready.

I mean he looked real bad in the last game. I have argued hard for his inclusion and him getting more chances ... but thought of something. Sometimes if a player is thrown in too early it could have a huge impact on their development. I NOW feel that Raina was thrown into International cricket a bit too early ... and had he waited before making his debut he could have been better served. Eli Manning (NY Giants QB) is said to have been thrown in too early and they say it impacted his development .. and he took a couple of extra years to mature because of it. Do people feel MT too is being brought in too early and he could use another year or so in the domestics or with the A team?

Hahah.. Mate, he was/is/has been ready for international cricket for nearly a year now. Cant exactly recollect in which series he was selected before but dislocated his shoulder in training. Was it against BD ? He was touted an excellent batsman then, if anything he must have gotten better

I voted he should play more domestics but I hope I am proven wrong Raina defintiely was too young to be thrown to the lions- MT may still benefit from the tour Down Under BTW since when did you start doing polls??
I was accused by some powers that be in the place "u know where" that I am acting like Finey. I thought I should complete the circle and make their words true :)
If we knew all the answers and there was no conjectures or opinions ... then there would be no debate and no site for discussion :)
For sure. I've got no problems in you guys shooting the breeze about this, debate away. But I'd be wary about forming anything close to a valid opinion on the strength of a couple of overs.
For sure. I've got no problems in you guys shooting the breeze about this, debate away. But I'd be wary about forming anything close to a valid opinion on the strength of a couple of overs.
I think the poll really is a bigger question on readiness of our boys when they come from domestics

Come on guys. Go easy on him. Will ya. Irrespective of how good a player is, they need to have a bit of practice before they are ready to face someone like Brett Lee. That is why in the beginning of every tour, we have practice games. To begin with, Tiwari would have faced the likes of Brett Lee in India. In addition, he is making his international debut and is facing brett Lee in one of the paciest environment that you can imagine. So please don't pre-judge him based on one outing. I will reserve my comments after the end of series. I also think we have so many youngsters who need nuturing in the middle. Lack of someone to guide them in the middle would certainly make / break someone's career. I hope either sachin / yuvraj is there in the middle to guide them.

Is this poll for real Come one this way Gangs' date=' Dravid and many more would never have made it.[/quote'] Its a bloody question thats been asked! No one is prejudging anything. Infact on the contrary I have been asking for him getting atleast 3 games in a row just to be fair. Its a questiion I wanted people to discuss. Is that too much to ask?

i've heard so much about this guy and seen him score plenty of runs (cricinfo scorecards) but never seen him on tv or anything b4 the 1st ODI and i must admit he really looked out of sorts, he didnt have a clue against lee but he must have something, theres been a lot of hype, im sure that hasnt been for no reason, so give him a lil more time, maybe against weaker opposition or maybe it was just he was jetlagged

CP, MT did not have a great domestic season (atleast so say folks who follow domestics a lot more closely than I do). If thats the case, the best thing would be for him to get into form and display his form + wares in domestics and then work his way into national odi squad. Having said that, now that he is here, I hope he can perform. But if I had to vote before he was selected, it would have to be - Go to domestics, and find ur form there, and then come back.