Hardik Pandya...

asterix

Next Kapil Dev. An interesting point you bought forward. Seems that you have probably watched Kapil play. Think most over here have not watched Kapil Dev, so comparisons are done very easily. It cannot be avoided, after all it is a forum and everyone has their own views. I do agree that Hardik is nowhere near the class of Kapil. He is not even in class of Irfan  Pathan yet imo. But the problem is the next best is Vijay Shankar. Beggars beleif that. The cupboard is bare in that aspect. It will be interesting to see how the all rounder void is filled. Hope he steps up else we are doomed with Vijay Shankar coming in.

No I haven't seen Kapil Dev play.

Heck , I haven't even seen Sourav Ganguly play for that matter.

But I have seen Hardik Pandya play and I can certify that he doesn't deserve to play International cricket at the moment.

He is talented no doubt , but his skill level is very low.

I have taken cricket lessons in my childhood and I feel it is one of the sports where hard work can overshadow natural talent .

Developing proper technical skills is VERY important.

There is a reason I am not in favour of fast tracking players.

Especially someone as Hardik who has negligible experience in the domestic levels and is very unpolished as whole.

He has  very shoddy stats in both bowling and batting.

1 or 2 power hits don't necessarily make one a good batsman.

Oh , BCCI needs to first decide whether Hardik is a bowling allrounder or a batting allrounder.

He seems to be leaning towards bowling but his backers are totally focused on making him a batsman.

This lack of direction in his training I feel is potentially limiting his abilities to grow as a player.

He is still being played as a part time bowler and a variable batsman which is impacting his growth as a player.

I think after that Fateful IPL sixer,BCCI should have tested him in Domestics/Ind A.

The senior national team is not a place to groom a player who is supposed to be the next big thing in desi cricket.

Especially now that the senior team management is a literal mess.

I know barring that 3(19) knock, Pandya has done well in IPL, including 4 wickets and a half century in yesterday's match.

But that doesn't change the fact that he is not a good player,leave being an allrounder

I think Desi Cricket should stop thinking about the all rounders concept for a while and instead train their bowlers to bat more.

The more desi cricket authorities will fawn about all rounders ,the more shitty and useless players will continue crowd the team leaving the better deserving people to rot in the domestics.

To be frank, Irfan Pathan was a talented dude but attempts to turn him into an all rounder ruined him.

No I haven't seen Kapil Dev play.

Heck , I haven't even seen Sourav Ganguly play for that matter.

But I have seen Hardik Pandya play and I can certify that he doesn't deserve to play International cricket at the moment.

He is talented no doubt , but his skill level is very low.

I have taken cricket lessons in my childhood and I feel it is one of the sports where hard work can overshadow natural talent .

Developing proper technical skills is VERY important.

There is a reason I am not in favour of fast tracking players.

Especially someone as Hardik who has negligible experience in the domestic levels and is very unpolished as whole.

He has  very shoddy stats in both bowling and batting.

1 or 2 power hits don't necessarily make one a good batsman.

Oh , BCCI needs to first decide whether Hardik is a bowling allrounder or a batting allrounder.

He seems to be leaning towards bowling but his backers are totally focused on making him a batsman.

This lack of direction in his training I feel is potentially limiting his abilities to grow as a player.

He is still being played as a part time bowler and a variable batsman which is impacting his growth as a player.

I think after that Fateful IPL sixer,BCCI should have tested him in Domestics/Ind A.

The senior national team is not a place to groom a player who is supposed to be the next big thing in desi cricket.

Especially now that the senior team management is a literal mess.

I know barring that 3(19) knock, Pandya has done well in IPL, including 4 wickets and a half century in yesterday's match.

But that doesn't change the fact that he is not a good player,leave being an allrounder

I think Desi Cricket should stop thinking about the all rounders concept for a while and instead train their bowlers to bat more.

The more desi cricket authorities will fawn about all rounders ,the more shitty and useless players will continue crowd the team leaving the better deserving people to rot in the domestics.

To be frank, Irfan Pathan was a talented dude but attempts to turn him into an all rounder ruined him.

I would say he is better than that, he has potential to reach and achieve what Irfan Pathan did.

Irfan Pathan batted as pinch hitter when Azhar started promoting him in ODI. He was much better bowler than what Hardik Pandya is now.  Hardik is much better than Irfan in fielding though.Don't think Irfan was ruined by him being developed as all-rounder. He was hampered by injuries a lot and once those kept on recurring he lost the performances as well. 

Gradually the pace all-rounder quality is decreasing in Indian cricket. Kapil Dev> Irfan > Hardik.

"get ready. get ready for the action" :hysterical: . this dhokla tries to walk like a thug when the cameras were on with his lean frame and says this with a black american accent. what a loser. He also tried to tell Pant where to go. In a fist fight between the two, Pant would beat Pandya till he is black and blue
He should leave cricket and become a stand up comedian/side actor in B-grade Bollywood flicks.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

On 5/24/2018 at 3:56 PM, UrmiSinhaRay said:

He should leave cricket and become a stand up comedian/side actor in B-grade Bollywood flicks.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Isn't he already a stand up comedian. That is the impression I got watching him play in this years IPL.

:dontknow: