How to make Rasam anti-Hindu

coffee_rules

14 minutes ago, diga said:

Rasam is symbol of tyranny of Brahmanism, Bharatanatyam is an object of Majoritarian Cultural Nationalism.
But all the mosques over temple lands are the architectural reuse and not of invasion.

Add Sari is a symbol of patriarchy, but burkha is a women's right !

2 hours ago, velu said:

she requested not to troll her or create  meme after that :rotfl: 

her performance was extremely pathrtic and it was rightly comapred to a donkey which tries to sing ( mean watever training it gets  , donkey will sing like a donkey :p: )..

"How do you compare an artist to a donkey. Its racist" - Ravi Shastri outraged.

On 5/9/2018 at 5:23 PM, Gollum said:

I dodged a bullet there. I was expecting a response from you or some other T20 fan along the lines of 'How is test cricket any different?'

Regarding your post how is it easier to become a cricketer at the top level? In cricket you are competing against millions of other kids, in classical arts there is not much competition. Moreover most of the Panidts and Ustads I see are children/relatives of other Pandits and Ustads...so clearly there is some nepotism going around. Even if commercial returns are low they get enough recognition, and I don't think commercial returns are that low...may be lower than tycoons, politicians, cricketers and Bollywood celebs. In every Ambani party I see Ustad Amjad Ali Khan, in every big wedding or social function these guys are there. In every Padma awardee list, you have dozens of these guys. How are they better than some engineer in BARC/ISRO/IOCL who makes some technical modification thus increasing production and saving crores if rupees? You never see such unsung heroes getting a Padma? These classical artistes are not the poor innocent marginalized community you are trying to make them out to be,  they are doing better than 98% of Indians both financially and also in terms of recognition. 

I think you are conflating multiple different issues here and making some sweeping generalizations.

To begin with, a Padma awards are not an award for saving crores of rupees. That isn't the criteria. It is a Civilian award for distinguished work in a given field. If the panel that is in charge of judging how distinguished a certain scientist from BARC/ISRO is deserving the award, the scientist would get the award. From memory, I do remember that Hargobind Khurana recieved the Padma Vibhushan.

This isn't a cricket vs classical arts debate either. But for the sake of arguement, there is ample nepotism in cricket too. Half of the threads on ICF are about "the Dhoni lobby/ Shastri Lobby/ Mumbai Lobby" and such like. But I digress, the true litmus test is as follows: A cricketer can play Ranji/Kanga/or IPL and needn't be employed elsewhere. I am talking about the run of the mill cricketers; the kind we produce dime a dozen. But a classical artist has to have a regular job to fund his hobby/art. Take for instance Mahmood Farooqi, the foremost proponent of the art of Dastaangoi in our country. His art can't pay for his bills and he needs a regular job. This is just one example of one artist for one art type. To say that the classical artists are better off than 98% of Indians financially is disingenuous.

And what if cricket has more competition? Classical art, isn't competitive to begin with. It doesn't need constant validation in the form of 'victory' over other competitors artists.

PS: I am not a general T20 fan. Just an IPL fan.

On 5/3/2018 at 9:39 AM, Muloghonto said:

well where i come from, most brahmins are snooty about marrying below caste and most vaishyas are quite happy to marry a brahmin.

This is true with most of the castes and I think marriage is personal matter so a person can decide who to marry.

I belong to MP , infamous for caste based discrimination. I have lived 25 years of my life there and I can tell you that most of these discrimination related stories are related to either Kshatriyas or  OBCs. Brahmins are non entities because neither they have power nor they have money. They are just punching bags. OBCs like patidar's and yadav's are considered more powerful and they are the decision makers.So next time  if you hear the stories of some dalit marriage procession not allowed in certain area, please check names.

And NO vaishayas are not considered lower caste by brahmins there.

Infact one of my brahmin friend could not marry his gf because gf belonged to baniya family and family didn't want their girl to marry with some one outside baniya community.