Who is the best commentator....!!!!

arkay

The Quality of commentary yesterday was very good. When ozzies are not playing, the commentary team is very fair and balanced. They don't keep raving about how an ozzie is so good, how he played or how is? It was refreshing to see the likes of Healy, Slats commentate the game as it happens rather than be so biased. What are your thoughts? Does it make sense to bring balance?

Ian Healy HAS to be one of THE most biased cricketers on the planet. Time after time after time, when Gilly dropped sitters in the test series, he didnt utter a single word of criticism, but yesterday, when Sangakkara dropped a relatively tough chance, he termed it a "terrible miss". Healy is rabidly pro-Aussie, Slater is enthusiastically Aussie, Benaud is like a guest commentator, Chappell is treated like an old senile man, while only Taylor brings in any sense of perspective. And as far as Mark Nicholas is concerned, well, we all know the Aussies have bought him for 15 gallons of insecticide or whatever. He literally swoons at any good performance by an Aussie. I wont be surprised if, the next time Andrew Symonds makes a good fielding effort, he starts crying on camera, overcome by emotion.

I think Bill Lawry is top class, Slater isn't that bad and Tony Grieg is bearable. Slater makes a lot of subtle points that are cricket related. The rest are making up numbers that's about it. Meanwhile I like Mark Nicholas' enthusiasm. He can get carried away by the Aussie praise at times but I think he enjoys a good knock or a good spell by anyone against the Aussies deep down.

I like to hear Ravi Shastri, SG, Boycott , Wasim , Ian , Hype created Tony Grieg they all have very good knowledge of the game and share with all of us ,Harsha's way of broadcasting and Presentation is also too good... I short ESPN STAR commentary panel is the best.Channel 9 doesn't even come closer to it.:alienbooty:

Very few commentators are worth listening to. Even Shastri and Gavaskar are terrible. Gavaskar is too critical of the Aussie way and seems to love SRT more than Rohan Gavaskar. Shastri is plain stupid. Yesterday he said "India wasted 1 year of GG". He likes each and every youngster. He is no less biased than Greg Chappell. I like Bill Lawry because at least he brings a lot of genuine excitement and passion to the proceedings. Michael Holding is witty and usually balanced and calm. There are some really good analytical commentators out there, but most of them know only about their own team (Nasser Hussain being a prime example). But still they are much much better than Healy, Robin Jackman and their likes.

I am not taking the pee when I say this. I genuinely like Arun Lals commentary. He is jokey, not bias, does not take it to seriously and has a very soothing voice. Sure he makes the odd error but he is entertaing to listen to and in fact his mistakes make him more likeable! He is like your fav uncle who likes the odd drink and you enjoy listening to when he is a bit merry!