Irfan Pathan

Predator_05

As Ishant Ambrose wrecks the Aussie batting lineup, we shouldn't overlook Pathan's performance either. He has been incredibly sharp, given almost nothing away and maintained a very tight line every over - zero width offered. His tight bowling from the other end was key in building up the pressure and India are now well on top. Best speed; 137. Pathan has well and truly returned to international cricket - good times for India...:two_thumbs_up:

Got to agree. But ' date=' shouldn't discount the fact that he is bowling in favorable conditions which favor his kind of bowling. granted he did reasonably well in India too in the previous series , but the question still begs , can he sustain his form in sub-continent tracks.[/quote'] In ODIs ? Absolutely. He was always an excellent ODI bowler. ...and these aren't favorable conditions for bowling - it's a flat pitch. He bowled a very controlled spell; hitting the right areas most of the time. That's his skill, not the conditions, coming into play.
I still remember the old IKP - opening bowler and strike bowler in his own right and a superb one at that. I mizz him - these dayz hez ok, reasonable L&L and control. But that big swing is missing, and I'd love to get that IKP back.
Akram was saying that his grip and wrist position is the main problem . The old IKP used to take the pitch out of the equation by giving real tweak from his wrists just like Akram.

His top speed was actually 141. Yea, he has been massive in this game so far, an important reason why Aus is 82/5 after 22 overs. But I wouldnt go to the extent of saying he is back, fully. Only if Irfan gets back his banana swingers, will i say he is back. Imagine Ishant express bowling his outswingers at 92 mph at one end and Irfan bowling his banana inswingers at 85 mph at the other end, opening the bowling for Ind...

As Ishant Ambrose wrecks the Aussie batting lineup' date=' we shouldn't overlook Pathan's performance either. He has been incredibly sharp, given almost nothing away and maintained a very tight line every over - zero width offered. His tight bowling from the other end was key in building up the pressure and India are now well on top. Best speed; 137. Pathan has well and truly returned to international cricket - good times for India...:two_thumbs_up:[/quote'] He should never have been away for that long. Way too long.