This Game Reinforces..

16 str8

The aussies did bowl well' date=' but it wasn't deadly though. And I wouldn't like to draw conclusions from this performance as Dhoni was saying that they decided to wait for the part timers, to come in. May be it was a part of the team strategy to go about this slowly. Anyways, it is a bit worrying & batsmen will have to work a little bit harder. And many of them are still coping up with the Aussie condition.[/quote'] Hey all the wickets which fell today with exception of Gambhir were here since the start of the tour, so coping with conditions doesnt arise, gambhir is in good nick.The batting is very very fragile and they have some serious decisions to make. Chasing 160, were given good start but once again the middle order was under the hammer, middle order is Yuvraj and Dhoni and Robin but Dhoni's confidence in Robin doesnt look very high which is a concern,this guy is in the team for his batting,
Hey all the wickets which fell today with exception of Gambhir were here since the start of the tour' date= so coping with conditions doesnt arise, gambhir is in good nick.The batting is very very fragile and they have some serious decisions to make. Chasing 160, were given good start but once again the middle order was under the hammer, middle order is Yuvraj and Dhoni and Robin but Dhoni's confidence in Robin doesnt look very high which is a concern,this guy is in the team for his batting,
Good point but Sachin did make a good contribution & Pathan isn't a batsman. Yes, the batting looks a bit fragile with the lack of experience. But I can't really see the problem - GG, Yuvi, Robin, Rohit are all talented. May be its the lack of form and experience thats plaguing the middle order. Lets hope they sort it out quickly.

The Aussies fought tooth and nail to stop India. They even stopped India from taking the bonus point, which is an achievement in itself since it never looked happening when Tendulkar was going great guns. I swear, i have never seen a team field as well as they do - the intensity never drops and they chase down everything ! Even Brad Haddin, a guy who has hardly ever fielded in his life, was throwing himself around and stopping boundaries. The bowlers also gave nothing away. No wonder they are such a great team. With them, it's never over until it's over - you have to earn every run and every wicket. They aren't as talented a side as India, but they sure know how to make themselves tough to beat, and that's why they are so good. I am worried about India's batting though. I wonder how they would approach a situation like a 250+ chase against Australia.

Honestly guys this win was pathetic ' date=' they crawled for 160 runs imagine if this was 220 , they don't stand a chance, the bowling of IS and others looks very good but this batting really worries me, if Yuvraj doesnt comeback to form they cannot win , it is not like the Aussies bowled great it is more about inept indian batting.[/quote'] India are poor chasers, period. What's pathetic though is that on a day that India bowl Australia out for 159, you focus on the batting. Even so, we were not nine down, were we? It was pretty comfortable in the end, a stroll.
Guest HariSampath

Aus : 159 allout: India 160-5...( with plenty overs to spare, and no sweat in the end) all arguments closed...comfortable win, and I dare anyone to oppose what I say !!!

Guest dada_rocks
This game just reinforces Australia's dominance in world cricket. The Indian's were lucky enough to catch the Aussie's on an off day. The Australian top order showed a lack of respect and were far too careless, and the umpires killed off any chance of an Australian victory. But with all this in mind, the Indian's still only managed to limp over the line. That Indian innings highlighted everything that is wrong with sub continent cricket. While they would have liked to win, this loss will do far more for the Australian's than a win would have. They will no doubt respond strongly from this loss, as they have always done. But well done to India on their victory.
6 overs to spare 5 wickets in hand doesn't say limping over mate... Ur cockyness in test series was shoved down so mcuh so by third test the much vanted aggresisve aussie batitng was crwaling toscore runs with clear fear of another potnetial loss. dominated u guys in three out of four match in one matchumpires recued u.. just wait and watch by the time series ends same fate awaits u even in one day cricket..

This is one of the top Indian victories. For god's sake, the Aussies were dismissed for less than 160. When was the last time a team did this to the Aussies. But the Aussie bowlers did bowl well and did challenge the Indian batsmen. But in the end, the Indians won with 5 wickets and some time to spare.

The Aussies fought tooth and nail to stop India. They even stopped India from taking the bonus point' date=' which is an achievement in itself since it never looked happening when Tendulkar was going great guns. I swear, i have never seen a team field as well as they do - the intensity never drops and they chase down [b']everything ! Even Brad Haddin, a guy who has hardly ever fielded in his life, was throwing himself around and stopping boundaries. The bowlers also gave nothing away. No wonder they are such a great team. With them, it's never over until it's over - you have to earn every run and every wicket. They aren't as talented a side as India, but they sure know how to make themselves tough to beat, and that's why they are so good. I am worried about India's batting though. I wonder how they would approach a situation like a 250+ chase against Australia.
Let this batting line up score more than 250 against Aussies then we can talk.

Also when 16 str8 talks about Bad umpring I thik he is not talking about all of them .. 1. Gilli 2. Brett Lee (out when he got hit on the back leg off a spinner... sadly not given) 3. Sachin's given not out 4. Sehwag's LBW (wasnt it going over the stumps) 5. Pathan's inside edge (LBW.. there was hot spot on the bat ... right ?)

Guest dada_rocks

DD u don't understand Gilly as per them was goign to score double hundred if not for that decisison while our batsmen were going to get out next ball anyway:hysterical:

The Aussies fought tooth and nail to stop India. They even stopped India from taking the bonus point' date=' which is an achievement in itself since it never looked happening when Tendulkar was going great guns. I swear, i have never seen a team field as well as they do - the intensity never drops and they chase down [b']everything ! Even Brad Haddin, a guy who has hardly ever fielded in his life, was throwing himself around and stopping boundaries. The bowlers also gave nothing away. No wonder they are such a great team. With them, it's never over until it's over - you have to earn every run and every wicket. They aren't as talented a side as India, but they sure know how to make themselves tough to beat, and that's why they are so good. I am worried about India's batting though. I wonder how they would approach a situation like a 250+ chase against Australia.
I agree with everything you say but Aussie catching is dismal. Not just now but even during the 2003 series they used to drop sitters. Sure they are capable of catching some stunners but in general their catching in the slips is shocking. India's catching on the other hand has been nothing less than brilliant. Just because Aussies ground fielding is good and the commentators are good in hyping their efforts over the top their dismal catching doesn't come to fore. While Indians catch anything in the air in the slips region, every catch is deemed to be fairly straight forward. I think people buy into this Aussie hype heaps. BTW you could apply the same yardstick to Indians too, they applied themselves wonderfully well and denied the Aussies the win. The white ball obviously does way more under lights and Indians countered it quite well. I think India deserve lot more praise than brickbats. Remember how much did Sri Lanka score against the Aussies in the last game? India have fought hard through out this series. India were looking down and out in the first game but then bounced back really well both with the bat and the ball. Aussies looked shocked in the first ODI against India. Against Sri Lanka India had lost 4 wickets but then scored more than a par score without losing another wicket. Does that say much about the character of the Indian team? I think both Aussies and Indians are giving it everything but only Aussies seem to get the credit. How strange we cannot remember how the Aussies were struggling to put bat to ball in the first ODI after couple of rain breaks. They looked in lot of trouble chasing 200 runs against India. I'm not so sure they were capable that day. They looked very shaky against the Indian pacemen. We tend to forget that and glorify the Aussie team for taking 5 wickets. I'm sure even if Aussies over hauled the first ODI target India set they would have lost atleast 7-8 wickets.

Agree, Australia's catching is mediocre. Back in the 90s when Bob Simpson was coach - one of the all time great slip fielders - he put a major focus on fielding and you had a tremendous cordon of Mark Waugh, Taylor and Warne. These days Clarke and Symonds can dive around the field and stop singles and such, but aren't reliable in the slips taking an edge from a good outswinger. India on the other hand may be rubbish in the infield in tests with Ganguly/Laxman/etc being sluggish, but in Laxman, Tendulkar and Dravid, they have three of the game's finest slippers - which is what you need to support a top bowling attack, NOT just guys who throw themselves around to save singles.

Agree, Australia's catching is mediocre. Back in the 90s when Bob Simpson was coach - one of the all time great slip fielders - he put a major focus on fielding and you had a tremendous cordon of Mark Waugh, Taylor and Warne. These days Clarke and Symonds can dive around the field and stop singles and such, but aren't reliable in the slips taking an edge from a good outswinger. India on the other hand may be rubbish in the infield in tests with Ganguly/Laxman/etc being sluggish, but in Laxman, Tendulkar and Dravid, they have three of the game's finest slippers - which is what you need to support a top bowling attack, NOT just guys who throw themselves around to save singles.
Agreed. The catching has been very poor, and even Hayden and Ponting have put them down reguarly. It will be good to have Brad Haddin come into the test team, I rate his keeping very highly.
The thing is we in India have been successful in completing the process' date=' and our history goes back thousands of years, but you guys are yet to evolve fully from monkeys and are ALL descendents of convicts, no one can deny it...that is monkeys still in the tree, and convicts very much in the family tree.[/quote'] As a long time reader (but first time poster!) I felt compelled to register and answer the uneducated and misinformed tripe being thrown around. Yes, there are a large number of Australians who are descendants of convicts. However, a very significant proportion are descendants of those who settled here of their own free will and helped to establish this country, along with descendants of the many hundreds of thousands of immigrants from countless countries around the world who have settled here as an alternative to their home countries. It is very short-sighted to simply tag everyone here as 'convicts', and it is incredibly immature to constantly throw around the 'convict' and 'monkey' tags (surely you can structure an argument without being childish and resorting to cheap shots?) By all means be passionate and support your country, but let's try and keep a certain level of maturity here! On a positive note, it's great to see India competing and taking the boredom out of what could have potentially been another uneventful one day series. If your batsmen start to produce consistent form to support yout talented fast bowlers, I think this series will go down the wire! Definitey IND vs AUS in the finals.
As a long time reader (but first time poster!) I felt compelled to register and answer the uneducated and misinformed tripe being thrown around. Yes, there are a large number of Australians who are descendants of convicts. However, a very significant proportion are descendants of those who settled here of their own free will and helped to establish this country, along with descendants of the many hundreds of thousands of immigrants from countless countries around the world who have settled here as an alternative to their home countries. It is very short-sighted to simply tag everyone here as 'convicts', and it is incredibly immature to constantly throw around the 'convict' and 'monkey' tags (surely you can structure an argument without being childish and resorting to cheap shots?) By all means be passionate and support your country, but let's try and keep a certain level of maturity here! On a positive note, it's great to see India competing and taking the boredom out of what could have potentially been another uneventful one day series. If your batsmen start to produce consistent form to support yout talented fast bowlers, I think this series will go down the wire! Definitey IND vs AUS in the finals.
I agree with you, lets not get into the name calling. Its not right and there is no reason to show dis-respect to anybody. Remember before you call someone a convict as those convicts made this place one of the most liveable countries in the world. I hope the mods keep an eye on it
Very good post!
As a long time reader (but first time poster!) I felt compelled to register and answer the uneducated and misinformed tripe being thrown around. Yes, there are a large number of Australians who are descendants of convicts. However, a very significant proportion are descendants of those who settled here of their own free will and helped to establish this country, along with descendants of the many hundreds of thousands of immigrants from countless countries around the world who have settled here as an alternative to their home countries. It is very short-sighted to simply tag everyone here as 'convicts', and it is incredibly immature to constantly throw around the 'convict' and 'monkey' tags (surely you can structure an argument without being childish and resorting to cheap shots?) By all means be passionate and support your country, but let's try and keep a certain level of maturity here! On a positive note, it's great to see India competing and taking the boredom out of what could have potentially been another uneventful one day series. If your batsmen start to produce consistent form to support yout talented fast bowlers, I think this series will go down the wire! Definitey IND vs AUS in the finals.
Fair call. It's just not on this name calling or labeling the entire nation as convicts. In the same vein every German should be a Nazi and every Brit a racist. Similarly you can call every Indian a poor man. In reality we know it's not. At times people just go overboard and resort to name calling. We all need to realize this is just a sport and mutual respect is what is required. Sure we all love to have a go at the Aussie team but we should keep it at that. Everyone loves a little bit of a banter but we don't want to tread the line of abuse. This coming from the learned and privileged ones isn't in good taste. I think we should limit our comments to cricket and nothing more in this cricket forum.