India will become Pak of the 90s

Gambit

or atleast that how I feel our ODI team will develop. Our batsmen will be good for max 250-270 and we will not see 300+ scores that frequently but what we will see is us defending scores like ~200 or bowling the opposition out around that and stuttering over the line with 3-4 wickets left. Our bowling is going to no longer look to contain but will be relentlessly attacking.

In the meanwhile, Pakistani fans are reduced to starting threads on India's financial clout in the game (read how India is winning because they have the umpires in the pocket),and how Indian bowlers are using the seam position to extract an unfair advantage over batsmen despite bowling between 80-85 mph (yes, when you watch them in slow motion, perhaps). Oh, I do feel sorry for them.

Without comparing ourselves with that caricature of a country otherwise known as Islamic Republic of Paki-satan.....I agree with OP. For at least last 10 years, we have been known as a BATTING dominated side, with mighty presence of Boss, Dada, Wall and Laxman. However, in future, particularly after retirement of above four from test matches this trend will change.....We can see that now we have best talents in bowling department, but hardly a batsman of calibre of above four for delivering in test matches on foreign pitches. I am prepared to be called as Bowling dominated side -- there is nothing wrong in that.

In the meanwhile' date=' Pakistani fans are reduced to starting threads on India's financial clout in the game (read how India is winning because they have the umpires in the pocket),and [b']how Indian bowlers are using the seam position to extract an unfair advantage over batsmen despite bowling between 80-85 mph (yes, when you watch them in slow motion, perhaps). Oh, I do feel sorry for them.
hahahahaha where did you see that? :hysterical::hysterical: screenshots for jokes please :D
In the meanwhile, Pakistani fans are reduced to starting threads on India's financial clout in the game (read how India is winning because they have the umpires in the pocket),and how Indian bowlers are using the seam position to extract an unfair advantage over batsmen despite bowling between 80-85 mph (yes, when you watch them in slow motion, perhaps). Oh, I do feel sorry for them.
:haha: your search for "justification" is quite laughable.

India is a solid opening pair, away from being a consistent ODI team. Without such an opening pair, we will see some brilliant results mixed with humiliations. Sehwag is not an ODI opener. He wont provide steady starts. We must think about grooming Rohit, KKD as openers & get Tiwary/Raina in the MO. Our MO wont suck as bad as it does today. Yuvi is the key to our ODI fortunes. Once he hits form, we will score 250+ consistently. Uthappa, the time bomb is still ticking, he hasnt gotten a decent slogging opportunity yet. Sooner or later he will stage his show in this series. He will be an important lower order bat for India, in the years to come.

Why are Pakistani fans so desperately unhappy these days, MP? Any ideas?:D
Obviously they weren't too happy at the team's performance against SA and IND. I think you are a top man Dhondy but unfortunately you jumped on the wrong bandwagon and have now become a victim of slight moral insecurity(sorry for sounding a touch harsh).I reckon its about time that we look beyond the SN /rival forum days.
Obviously they weren't too happy at the team's performance against SA and IND. I think you are a top man Dhondy but unfortunately you jumped on the wrong bandwagon and have now become a victim of slight moral insecurity(sorry for sounding a touch harsh).I reckon its about time that we look beyond the SN /rival forum days.
I can't help it if the guys in the fanclub you frequent are on antidepressants because India are doing well, MP. I am just pointing out the truth. I must say I feel slightly smug about it. Naughty me.
where exactly do you go to get these "updates"?
Oh, I have my pulse on your guys, MP. Some of them need a shoulder to cry on right now. They are desperately sad. I know of some guys who had professional careers in the USA they chucked up because they couldn't deal with the depression of India forging so far ahead of their team. It's pretty bad. And sad.
Dhondy' date=' MP, how do you guys compare Gul, Asif vs Sreesanth, Ishant ?[/quote'] I'll tell you when Ishant and Sreesanth's rivals play two back to back series without breaking down, Bumps. Right now, it's like discussing Hawking's work- probably will make a nice read, but entirely hypothetical, as the match-up might never happen. I am not sure that Gul or Asif will ever be Test class bowlers again. Asif used steroids to speed his recovery from his last injury- you really can't do that sort of thing again and again. It's a pretty serious elbow injury he had, much worse than Binga's. Gul is facked. He'll be reduced to a 128 kph bowler because his back will fracture if he tries to attain higher speeds. He's pretty much done for- a Test or two here and there, maybe.
Dhondy' date=' MP, how do you guys compare Gul, Asif vs Sreesanth, Ishant ?[/quote'] Asif- Brilliant bowler on pitches with a bit of help but i am not sure how he would do on really flat tracks. Gul- He was starting to gain a bit of pace but with another serious back injury i don't think he will be able to come back too well. PAK should look to test some of the other young bowlers like Sohail Khan, W Riaz, Anwar Ali etc Sreesanth- Decent pace and movement but lacks a bit of control. Sharma- Everything seems to be good how ever the bouncy tracks like Perth and MCG(of yesterday) are perfect for his style of bowling. The real test will be on pitches with low bounce.
Oh, I have my pulse on your guys, MP. Some of them need a shoulder to cry on right now. They are desperately sad. I know of some guys who had professional careers in the USA they chucked up because they couldn't deal with the depression of India forging so far ahead of their team. It's pretty bad. And sad.
umm ok whatever you say man. I just don't want you to feel guilty from the inside and then look for lame justifications.