Bhajji, Vikrant, Madan Lal want Pant in Asia Cup

Sgattick10

7 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Seedha ball? Australia must be the easiest place in the world to bat then right?(Even though these days it is partly true.)

In Australia ball doesn't swing much. There is movement off the pitch that doesn't bother wk as there is enough time to cover that. You can trust the bounce there, something which WKs enjoy.

In England the ball sometimes swings after passing stumps which creates problem for WKs. Most WKs struggle in England when they are touring first time.

Edited by Number
12 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Difficulty keeping on Aus pitches? You must be kidding. Australia is one of the easiest places for keeper. 

May be in the last 5 years when they have produced some of the flattest pitches in the world but prior to that it wasn't easy especially for SC keepers to handle the bounce. 

Maybe not the best examples as these guys would suck anywhere but Pappu Patel and Kamran Akmal had horror displays in Australia.

Dhoni and co. struggled behind the stumps as well. Unlucky Ishant had so many balls go between keeper and first slip because we just couldn't guage the speed and bounce of the ball. Infact in Aus a lot of balls absolutely race of the edge or fly off the edge.

I saw Sarfaraz struggle in Pak's tour recently.

I haven't seen Sangakkara or other Srilankan keepers there in tests so can't comment. 

3 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

May be in the last 5 years when they have produced some of the flattest pitches in the world but prior to that it wasn't easy especially for SC keepers to handle the bounce. 

Maybe not the best examples as these guys would suck anywhere but Pappu Patel and Kamran Akmal had horror displays in Australia.

Kamran was horrible everywhere

He dropped catches in WC 2011in SL to 

Pappu patel was horrible in SA, In India last yr against Eng , even in IPL he has been very poor 

3 minutes ago, Number said:

In Australia ball doesn't swing much. There is movement off the pitch that doesn't bother wk as there is enough time to cover that. You can trust the bounce there, something which WKs enjoy.

In England the ball sometimes swings after passing stumps which creates problem for WKs. Most WKs struggle in England when they are touring first time.

In theory that sounds absolutely right. However I am talking about SC keepers who do get swinging conditions at home once in a while. North and East part of India, some areas of Pakistan and even tropical conditions of Srilanka have such English type conditions that keepers train for. SC keepers are not used to the kind of bounce and zip you get on Aussie pitches. I have seen keepers stand far far back on some pitches in Australia.