Victory thread!!!

India beat Sri Lanka by two wickets India beat Sri Lanka by two wickets in their One-Day cricket tri-series match in Adelaide. More... Posted online: Tuesday , February 19, 2008 at 1635 hrs IST Adelaide, February 19:: India revived their hopes for a berth in the final of the cricket tri-series as they recovered from early jolts to script a thrilling two-wicket win against Sri Lanka in a crucial game in Adelaide on Tuesday. After the islanders posted a competitive 238 for six largely built around Kumar Sangakkara's 128, the Indian batsmen overcame some anxious moments before overhauling the target with just five balls to spare in a keenly-contested floodlit encounter at the Adelaide Oval. The beleaguered Yuvraj Singh marked his return to form with a 70-ball 76 while captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni (50 not out), Irfan Pathan (31) and Rohit Sharma (24) were the other notable performers. The victory has consolidated India's position for a place in the best-of-three finals and they need to win at least one of their remaining two matches to qualify for the summit showdown. Australia were at the top of the points table with 17 points from five matches followed by India who have 12 points from as many matches. Sri Lanka were at the bottom of the table with six points from four games and need to win two of their remaining three matches to make it to the final. India will play their next match against Australia at Sydney on February 24. The Indian run chase began on a disastrous note as they lost Sachin Tendulkar (0), Gautam Gambhir (15) and Robin Uthappa (10) cheaply to be precariously placed at 35 for three at one stage before Yuvraj Singh and Dhoni came to the rescue of the team.

Dhoni engineered the victory. He has curtalied his attacking instinct for the benefit of the team. There has scarcely been an innings, in both test and ODIs this tour where he has come in when India was on top and he didn't need to knuckle down. Expect the helicopter shot to come out only when India is in cruise control in any match. Otherwise, it will be sheer grit and graft. Cheers to a champion fighter!

'Luck went India's way' February 19, 2008 "If I look at the whole game, I would say that the rub of the green didn't go Sri Lanka's way." Ravi Shastri analyses the eight game of the Commonwealth Bank series between India and Sri Lanka in Adelaide *** What does he mean by saying that? Between Dhoni has become Dravid from ICC Championship Trophy 2006..barring a couple of innings

'Luck went India's way' February 19, 2008 "If I look at the whole game, I would say that the rub of the green didn't go Sri Lanka's way." Ravi Shastri analyses the eight game of the Commonwealth Bank series between India and Sri Lanka in Adelaide *** What does he mean by saying that? Between Dhoni has become Dravid from ICC Championship Trophy 2006..barring a couple of innings
this is what he meant:
If I look at the whole game, I would say that the rub of the green didn't go Sri Lanka's way. They were a bit unlucky with a couple of the run-outs, towards the end of the innings there were a couple of inside edges that went past the stumps [of the Indian batsmen]. It wasn't quite Sri Lanka's day today; luck was with India today. http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/talk/content/multimedia/337893.html?view=transcript