No conversation with management about lack of chances: Karun Nair

Switchblade

55 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

I actually thought he is from malluland....

Why do you think @Lannister is fighing for ? He is modern day freedom fighter. One day Karnataka ll get their own currency and Lanni ll be on it. 

"Lannister Gandhi"  

They have been treated unfairly though Nair selected for England tour never got a game and then dropped without any reason is poor in selectors part.

4 hours ago, jusarrived said:

Pujara is not great, but I have doubts on nair scoring on difficult pitches. I have followed his career closely playing for karnataka, scores big on flat pitches but fails more often when it gets tough and apart from the pattern in his scores, technique doesn't look all that great though I rate him highly against spin. 

i am not saying that Nair is perfect and hence  would  become highly successful  all round test batsman for sure. I am just pointing the double standard stance towards 2 players.  Mediocre hack Pujara  despite having played  seven series in SENA and still  having proved  to be far from adequate is  getting chances after chances even after turning almost 31.

This just shows the utter incompetency of the team management  and hence my beef with them.If this is the way they are functioning ,take my word we are going to waste the golden chance of having a top class all conditional bowling unit which is capable of winning several series in SENA. If Pujara is maintained with , there is no hope what  so ever.

Karun being selected deserve at least 4 more inns. More importantly Shaw,Gill, Iyer, too need to get their chances ASAP.

https://www.crictracker.com/all-the-three-parties-owe-an-answer-to-karun-nair-sunil-joshi/

“Apart from Karun, every other player in India’s squad to England got a chance to play, whether they performed well or not. If he doesn’t get a positive feedback about him, from neither the selectors, coach or the captain, what should a player think when he is dropped from the team without playing? All the three parties owe an answer to Karun here,” 48-year-old Sunil Joshi was quoted as saying by The Times of India (TOI).

Joshi, the Bangladesh’s spin-bowling coach now, said he had nothing against Vihari but felt for Nair and said he has to be communicated the reason for falling out of favour.

Edited by Switchblade

https://www.crictracker.com/the-way-karun-nair-has-been-dropped-is-baffling-dilip-vengsarkar/

“The way Karun has been dropped is quite baffling, to say the least. He scored a triple century in a Test against England at home not so long ago. Scoring a triple ton in any grade of cricket is an outstanding feat and not many have scored a triple ton in Test cricket,” Vengsarkar was quoted as saying in The Times of India (TOI).

“However, since then, he has been out of the playing eleven, and even when he was in the squad, Vihari was flown in from India and was preferred to Karun for the last Test at the Oval, which I feel is not only demeaning for the batsman but most unfair.

Only the wise men of Indian cricket can explain why such a treatment is being meted out to a Test triple centurion. The entire case is quite intriguing,” he added.

3 minutes ago, rtmohanlal said:

really heartening to see  cricketers themselves coming in open w.r.t team management policies. Then only this moron parasite useless Shastri & arrogant self centered Kohli  can be put in place. Hope even the likes of Kapil,Dravid, Sachin etc comes out in the open in the days to come  for the goodness of the team

Shastri doesn't care he said he does not pay attention to what people say as he knows he is giving his 100% as a coach.

1 hour ago, Shaz1 said:

For being in the team. I mean our couch is christian nobody is forcing him to convert his religion. I find conspiracies like these silly.

I had heard that an attempt was made by some PAK players under the leadership of Inzamam to convert Lara into Islam by arranging a dinner for him ... And in general ,I find  the chance  of a non Islam especially a Hindu playing for Pakistan team very very slim.That's  why

I commented like that . Leave it.... nothing serious.... just a banter.

https://www.crictracker.com/india-vs-windies-after-being-snubbed-karun-nair-to-approach-dravids-guidance-for-comeback/

The 26-year-old Karnataka batsman who averages over 62 in four Tests has now decided to approach India ‘A’ coach Rahul Dravid to understand where he needs to improve to make a comeback to the Test side. Nair played his last Test against Australia at home in March 2017 and in the entire England tour, he got to play in the three-day warm-up game against Essex at Chelmsford in which he scored only four.

Nair is currently playing for his state in the ongoing Vijay Hazare Trophy. Earlier, he took part in the warm-up game against the touring Windies though he couldn’t score more than 

Nair hopeful making the India ‘A’ tour of NZ

“Right now, I’m focused on working on my game and giving my best to the Karnataka team in the ongoing Vijay Hazare Trophy… I just want to keep the runs coming in whichever game I play. I think there is an ‘A’ tour to New Zealand in November, it will be great to be a part of that team and work with Rahul [Dravid] sir. It will be very important for me to work with him and given an opportunity to score some runs there with the India A team,” Nair was quoted by The Times of India (TOI) as saying.

“He has been extremely supportive as a mentor and coach. I’ve known and worked with Rahul sir for about 4-5 years now. I’ve become comfortable with him and find him very approachable. I speak to him a lot about the game and life as well.”

Nair is optimistic that the former batsman’s guidance will help him return to the national team again. India have more overseas tours coming up and the right-hand batsman has a whole lot to conquer.