Bengaluru (Bangalore) Royal Challengers

Feed

Man I am pissed. First you take away Ryder instead of Ross Taylor. WTF. I have many reasons to believe that it was Pietersen's call. One hand you have a guy like Rahul Dravid who'd drop himself to help the team and on the other hand you have guys like Pietersen who drop a guy who took 2 key wickets and took a very good catch to take Kallis in so that you can find yourself liked more by the SA crowds. Brilliant strategy.

Man I am pissed. First you take away Ryder instead of Ross Taylor. WTF. I have many reasons to believe that it was Pietersen's call. One hand you have a guy like Rahul Dravid who'd drop himself to help the team and on the other hand you have guys like Pietersen who drop a guy who took 2 key wickets and took a very good catch to take Kallis in so that you can find yourself liked more by the SA crowds. Brilliant strategy.
who gave you that idea?-that is not the reason but i will let you know when i find out.

who gave you that idea?-that is not the reason but i will let you know when i find out.
Who gave me that idea?
KP says he would have batted first too. For Bangalore, the "great Jacques Kallis" is in. What a gallery guy KP is. Good ploy to woo South Africa crowds after having been booed during the last game.
Its a bit of an extrapolation but I don't like Pietersen so :P

Bangalore's my second team so i'll help you guys out ;) Jesse Ryder (o) Jacques Kallis (o) Kevin Pietersen (o) Rahul Dravid Robin Uthappa (wk) Virat Kohli Barath Chipli Praveen Kumar Bhunvanesh Kumar Dale Steyn/Van de Meor(however you spell that)/Nathan Bracken (o) Anil Kumble Basically, the only question is who's your overseas bowler? I'd go with Bracken, he's in some bad form but is still an excellent ODI bowler.

Sriram and Zubin were right last night. That was some thumping CSK gave to BRC. It was a no contest in the end thanks to the good old warriors Hayden, Freddi and Murali. Despite the result I'd claim Dhoni is one leader that seems to be leading some of the best teams around whether be it India or CSK. Hayden batted with so much authority I hate to say it none of the Indian batsmen barring Sehwag can trade punches in the same manner as Hayden. Call Hayden ugly, ruthless, power hitter or anything he is "The Man" for the occassion. Freddi was excellent too and so was the ever successful Murali. CSK will be happy to have the services of Haydos for the full IPL edition this year. Murali will also be available I suppose but Freddi will have to leave to play WI at home.

Ryder will have to be played somehow. How can you drop a player that has done so well recently and also claimed couple of wickets in the first match? Virat Kohli is an utter waste, get someone in for him please.

Ryder will have to be played somehow. How can you drop a player that has done so well recently and also claimed couple of wickets in the first match? Virat Kohli is an utter waste' date=' get someone in for him please.[/quote'] I think they went by last year mode, when Taylor played some good innings in the few matches he played BRC also have a good foreign contingent...but they have too many batsman(Ryder,KP,Taylor,Kallis, Boucher) and the indian talent barring Dravid is not upto the mark They have to play 3 foreign batsman atleast to look strong and that makes their bowling weak Less allrounders is hurting them and Bracken should have played, he is the best ODI bowler, they are more going by speed, than effectiveness

I think they went by last year mode, when Taylor played some good innings in the few matches he played BRC also have a good foreign contingent...but they have too many batsman(Ryder,KP,Taylor,Kallis, Boucher) and the indian talent barring Dravid is not upto the mark They have to play 3 foreign batsman atleast to look strong and that makes their bowling weak Less allrounders is hurting them and Bracken should have played, he is the best ODI bowler, they are more going by speed, than effectiveness
Taylor has had no form this summer whatsoever, we saw that in NZ barring a few Test Innings, he was abysmmal to say the least, so his inclusion in the side over Ryder baffles me, like a many of u guys However, its the Indian origin players who play a major role in the Team Success Rate, the Stronger Teams in the competition have alwayz had a core of Strong Indian players, the likes of MI, CSK. Every team has an odd noob, ie Jogi, VRV etc, but we have toooo many of them, the Kumar'z in the lower middle order :banghead: However, looking ahead, i would like to see Pankaj Singh get a look in, instead of one of those AkhilKumar, VinayKumar lads, Dravid Ryder Uthhapa Pietersen Kohli Van Der Meerwe Manish Pandey Praveen Kumar Dale Steyn Pankaj Singh Anil Kumble

I really don't like Rahul opening. Perhaps at #3 but definitely not opening. I'd rather have some runs on board by the time he comes on (but not obviously like 58/5) - so I'd say #4 would be the ideal spot for him.
Graph, the way we are going here, RD is virtually opening the innings for us, however i would like to see someone with experience at the Top (it might sound funny, experience in a T20 game?) someone who is aware of the match situation and plays accordingly Loosing early wickets has always been our downfall in these IPL games (both this season and last), how many times have RCB been 10/3 or 40/5, having RD at the top would mean he controls the innings at the top and then players coming lower down can improvise. Moreover, he is our Best Batsman and imo the Best Player in the Team should get maximum gametime

I really don't like Rahul opening. Perhaps at #3 but definitely not opening. I'd rather have some runs on board by the time he comes on (but not obviously like 58/5) - so I'd say #4 would be the ideal spot for him.
yes, if u play Virat Kohli, play him as an opener, he did very well for India as a opener in SL series..he can do no worse than Uthappam The Wall should at No.3