Bengaluru (Bangalore) Royal Challengers

Feed

I honestly think RCB has a good squad and they messed it up themselves by picking KP over. They should've stuck with either Morgan or White (who are better T20 players than KP). One of the reasons why MI are successful in this campaign are because they had invested faith in two-three players and stuck with them irrespective of their outing. Pollard has hit high note at the right time, Tiwary/Rayudu have played crucial cameos. RCB forgot that this was Morgans' first IPL outing and would need some matches under his belt to show his talent and prove his worth. I would still pick the same XI (sans KP, + Morgan/White) for the next IPL and stick with the same players expecting a better show (probably a finals berth or better yet champions). This is one team that has learned from its mistakes and blunders in IPL I and have improved many folds compared to any other IPL team. KKR really ought to follow RCB's suit if they are to improve and jump out of the wooden spoon race.
Batsmen didn't matter ..KP or Morgon or White. We fecked up in the bowling dept. All fast bowlers including Kumble..ball coming on to bat easily for cowlashers to score in the last few overs. We needed some more quality slow bowlers to contain sloggers.

Guest Hiten.
Batsmen didn't matter ..KP or Morgon or White. We fecked up in the bowling dept. All fast bowlers including Kumble..ball coming on to bat easily for cowlashers to score in the last few overs. We needed some more quality slow bowlers to contain sloggers.
Well tbh, no matter how strong you're bowling unit is; a score of 170-185 is a par score (given the flat pitches and shorter boundaries), so there is only much you could do about the bowling department. It's not like Indian domestic batsmen/bowlers are gung ho about their job and with the 4 foreign player policy you cannot clog your bowling department with foreigners. So even if you picked 2 of the best foreign bowlers with one good Indian bowler (AK) you're still looking for someone to chip in those miserly 8 overs. This is where having a strong batting line up can bail you out. But I see where you're coming from, BRC can do lot of revamping in their bowling arsenal.

allright boys and girls.This team is shaping up to be very competitive .lots of new faces in there (anybody heard of the name asad khan pathan?) Virat Kohli , Zaheer Khan , Saurabh Tiwary , Cheteshwar Pujara , Abhimanyu Mithun , Mohammed Kaif , Arun Karthik , CM Gautham , Abrar Kazi , Mayank Agarwal , Bharath Narayan , Raju Bhatkal , Sreenath Aravind , Ryan Ninan , Asad Khan Pathan , (Foreign) Tillekratne Dilshan , AB de Villiers , Daniel Vettori , Dirk Nannes , Charl Langeveldt , LUke Pomersbach , Johan van der Wath , Rilee Rossouw , Nuwan Pradeep , Jonathan Vandiar

allright boys and girls.This team is shaping up to be very competitive .lots of new faces in there (anybody heard of the name asad khan pathan?) Virat Kohli , Zaheer Khan , Saurabh Tiwary , Cheteshwar Pujara , Abhimanyu Mithun , Mohammed Kaif , Arun Karthik , CM Gautham , Abrar Kazi , Mayank Agarwal , Bharath Narayan , Raju Bhatkal , Sreenath Aravind , Ryan Ninan , Asad Khan Pathan , (Foreign) Tillekratne Dilshan , AB de Villiers , Daniel Vettori , Dirk Nannes , Charl Langeveldt , LUke Pomersbach , Johan van der Wath , Rilee Rossouw , Nuwan Pradeep , Jonathan Vandiar
You will find Asad Khan Pathan when google it...he has played for railways but who is Bharat Narayan? No information about him at all..even on cricinfo

allright boys and girls.This team is shaping up to be very competitive .lots of new faces in there (anybody heard of the name asad khan pathan?)
Found an article
Another Pathan on the horizon? AHMEDBAD: When Asad Pathan bats, bowlers run for covers. He bats with the philosophy that the ball is there just to be hit. People watching him play, says that he is the new 'Yusuf Pathan' on the horizon. That might be a bit far fetched but he showed glimpses of his powerful hitting in the Navdeep Cup one-day tournament in Ahmedabad recently. Asad scored a 100 in just 52 balls in the quarterfinal and followed it with another whirlwind innings of 88 from 52 balls and a 5-wicket haul in the semifinal. Asad's exploits would have made him an obvious choice in the Gujarat limited overs team but he couldn't submit the no objection certificate (NOC) from his previous team, Railways, before the BCCI cut off date and have to wait for another year to be eligible to play for the state. Gujarat missed him by a whisker but Indian premier League team Royal Challengers Bangalore is all set to sign him for Season IV. RCB people saw Asad in the Aurangabad Premier League at DY Patil Stadium last year where in four 15-over matches he scored two hundreds. They followed Asad to the Anand Premier League where he won the man of the series award in a field where many top cricketers from the three cricket associations of Gujarat-Saurashtra Cricket Association, Gujarat Cricket Association and Baroda Cricket Association-took part. Confirming the development Asad said: "Yes, they are sending me a contract shortly. I was busy travelling from one place to another so I couldn't sign it before." He however didn't divulge any details of the content of the contract. This journeyman started playing cricket in the dusty alleys of Ankleshwar then went to South Africa to play in the Limpopo province for one and half years. Asad had a highest score of 157 in the 50 over matches and scored two hundreds (146 and 120) in the T20s. Asad was even offered a contract by the Nashua Titans franchise, one of five South African associate teams of which the Limpopo cricket team is a part of, but he decided to come back to India to pursue his dream playing big time cricket. Asad was part of the Railways T20 squad last season but hardly got any opportunity to showcase his talent. He played just four matches scoring 46 runs with a highest score of 35 but he did so with a striking strike rate: 143.75. "I am an opener and was not getting enough opportunities to bat higher up the order in Railways so I decided to comeback to my home state. But I received my NOC on September 30, which also was the closing day of the BCCI transfer window and now have to wait for another year to play for Gujarat," said Asad who took his ill luck in his stride but is looking forward to his stint with the IPL team to make a mark. "I used to bat cautiously earlier but with the popularity of T20, I have slightly changed my game to suit the format," said the 26-year-old who has changed it so much that he always looks to be in a hurry to fulfill his dreams of playing cricket at the higher level.
Source

The blunder our stupid selectors made during last 3 years continued again this year..we lack a Indian batsman who can bowl spin like Yuvi.raina.yusuf or evn Jadeja...so 5th bowler is always a problem...also not even a good Indian spinner in team. I wanted.atleast in bangalore pitch a bowling line up of Zak.Nanness,Langveldt....that should have been awsome.... Now the on.ly hope is to Dilshan.AB,ZAK and nanness perform well in atleast 7 matches so that we can have a shot @ semi.. Lets hope for best...