The Official Chennai Super Kings Supporters Thread!!!!

zubinpepsi

IPL team : Chennai 'Super Kings' Chennai: India Cements Limited, a franchisee of the Indian Premier League, on Monday christened its team 'Chennai Super Kings' and unveiled its logo at a glittering function here. Former opener Krish Srikkanth has been roped in as the team's brand ambassador, while his contemporary and state mate V B Chandrasekar, a former national senior selection committee member, would be in-charge of picking the players. Company vice chairman and Managing Director N Srinivasan uveiled the team logo and said it was a red letter day for Tamil Nadu cricket. "It is a red letter day in the annals of Tamil Nadu cricket. I am thrilled to announce the team name and unveil its logo in the midst of luminaries of the state who have played cricket with distinction," he said. Srinivasan said there would be eight foreign players in the team with four of them in the playing eleven for a match. "Like other franchisee holders, the Chennai team has to wait for the auction on Wednesday (to bid for foreign players) to be over to know the names of players," he said. "Since the IPL has made it mandatory for a team to have a minimum of 16 players and the maximum to be left to the team, we plan to have 23 players in 'Super Kings'," said Srinivasan, who is also the treasurer of the Cricket Board. He said all seven home matches would be played at the MA Chidambaram stadium. http://www.cricketnext.com/news/india-cements-names-its-team-chennai-super-kings/29727-13.html ... Hopefully other teams are christened with more innovation.

Super-Kings ? Thats the most pathetic team I have ever heard. A city like Chennai and its team deserves a better name !
Chennai limited would have sounded better than super kings..... super kings gives u the impression that some condom brand has sponsored Chennai franchise :hysterical:

Guest HariSampath

As I posted in the other IPL thread, superkings is terrible, and sucks bigtime. I had suggested Chennai Cavaliers, but it wasnt taken....( Cheeka ....you are an idiot and suck bigtime), hope Chennai plays better than its name... as far as Chennai teams are concerned...( superstar yaarunu ketta ...) :D

As I posted in the other IPL thread' date=' superkings is terrible, and sucks bigtime. [b']I had suggested Chennai Cavaliers, but it wasnt taken....( Cheeka ....you are an idiot and suck bigtime), hope Chennai plays better than its name... as far as Chennai teams are concerned...( superstar yaarunu ketta ...) :D
May be Cheeka thought that,since there is a tamil adjective for rougue boys-"kaavaali pasanga", general public should not misinterpret the "cavaliers" in case they perform badly!!!:cantstop:

Guest HariSampath

Chennai ...here is our lineup right now... Dhoni, Hayden, Stephen Fleming, Parthiv Patel, Jacob Oram, Suresh Raina, Albie Morkel, Muralitharan, Joginder Sharma Very good batting, especially T20, and good bowling. Excellent fielding side

Guest HariSampath

Chennai's lineup will probably look like this... 1. Hayden ( If he plays ) ( or maybe Parthiv Patel otherwise) 2. Stephen Fleming 3. Anirudh Srikkanth ( opener, highest scorer for Tamil Nadu T20 winning side, with highest SR) 4. Dhoni 5. Oram 6. Morkel 7. Suresh Raina 8. Muralitharan 9. Ntini 10. Joginder 11. Parthiv Patel ( may play as batter if Hayden doesnt play) 12. Yomahesh ( medium pacer in Indian probables) 13. Badrinath ( will play in MO) 14. Abhinav Mukund ( U-19 batter who has made debut this season with successive ranji 100s) 15. Amarnath ( very good seamer and India prospect) 16. Vidyut Sivaramakrishnan ( left handed allrounder). Srikkanth, Mukund, Amarnath would be in the U-22 category probably and Badri, Yomahesh, Vidyut would also fall under local category

I'm disappointed that Chennai has not been able to bag Kartik in their team. I have heard a lot about this bloke's captaincy from my mates in Bangalore - they witnessed it during some T20 games over in B'lore. If memory serves me right, he is the captain of India Cements...right? Anyhow, now that Karthik is away from his "Home" and amidst bigger names, captaincy is out of the equation.

Can they outdo the ICL pinkies ad.........:P
Oh yes!! :cantstop: That will take some beating

Chennai's lineup will probably look like this... 1. Hayden ( If he plays ) ( or maybe Parthiv Patel otherwise) 2. Stephen Fleming 3. Anirudh Srikkanth ( opener, highest scorer for Tamil Nadu T20 winning side, with highest SR) 4. Dhoni 5. Oram 6. Morkel 7. Suresh Raina 8. Muralitharan 9. Ntini 10. Joginder 11. Parthiv Patel ( may play as batter if Hayden doesnt play) 12. Yomahesh ( medium pacer in Indian probables) 13. Badrinath ( will play in MO) 14. Abhinav Mukund ( U-19 batter who has made debut this season with successive ranji 100s) 15. Amarnath ( very good seamer and India prospect) 16. Vidyut Sivaramakrishnan ( left handed allrounder). Srikkanth, Mukund, Amarnath would be in the U-22 category probably and Badri, Yomahesh, Vidyut would also fall under local category
even local talent is being taken by other teams it seems. Bangalore signed up Praveen Kumar.