IPL: The Great auction thread

Feed

Guest HariSampath

Count the Aussies out of this year's T20...no one will play enough games... LOl @ MoYo and Prince....I guess I am sorry that cr@p players like Dravid etc were paid 1 million plus and so instead of no interest, its probably no money

David Hussey's price was double Mike Hussey's.
David Hussey is definitely going to play this year and Mike Hussey is definitely not going to play this year...but still 650,000 is a bit too much for David Hussey...I think many teams identified David Hussey as a bargain and probably in the end ended up over bidding for him...

David Hussey is definitely going to play this year and Mike Hussey is definitely not going to play this year...but still 650' date='000 is a bit too much for David Hussey...I think many teams identified David Hussey as a bargain and probably in the end ended up over bidding for him...[/quote'] David Hussey is a star performer mate. Today only he scored century for Victoria in only 60 bowls with 8 sixes. I am sure youknow it's hard to hit sixes in those massive grounds. I think he deserve that price

Got to agree ' date=' Bangalore has got to be the worst team . For the second most expensive franchise , this team selection is a disgrace.[/quote'] No Bangalore is not the worst team. They have got a very good bowling attack and the truth is that not all teams have good bowling attacks especially apart from 2 new ball bowlers. So most probably Kallis, Dravid et. al will be facing a lot of part time/ domestic bowlers and I think they can tonk them.

David Hussey is a star performer mate. Today only he scored century for Victoria in only 60 bowls with 8 sixes. I am sure youknow it's hard to hit sixes in those massive grounds. I think he deserve that price
I like David Hussey. I just think since everybody were trying to steal him he went for a big price. Same with A. Morkel. But yeah he will be a big player for Kolkatta.

Kallis can hit and so can Dravid. So far looks like Hyderabad has some big hitters, Kolkatta has picked some decent bowlers, chennai has a bunch of everything, bangalore has a lot of batting experience and delhi sucks royally.
I think Delhi has some bunch of chokers and don't see them winning anything apart from relegating themselves in 2 years time.:haha:

"He's a class player in both forms of the game, but the tempo of his innings probably wasn't what they needed." Ricky Ponting tries to sound sincere after Jacques Kallis's stodgy 48 off 63 balls as South Africa tried to chase 378 against Australia But Dravid's strike rate over the last 4 years has been impressive and dont forget his 92* of 63 against England at Bristol back in August.

All teams barring Jaipur are going to be competitive in this tourny. The reason is that a team can play only 4 overseas players. So a team like Chennai or Hyd or even Kolkatta that's appearing superstrong will suddenly have some big flaws...Even Jaipur might end up being decent if they get lucky and find a couple of decent bowlers in their catchment area.