State your allegiance

Gambit

State your allegiance  

1. 1.

With Bond it's one thing. He just went for the money straight away. Look up the definition of hypocrite. It fits Symonds - who first says one thing about Twenty20s and the importance of tests, then throws that ideal of his out of the window the second some cheques are written by the IPL. I'm not calling any of the others hypocrites, just Symonds for being such a sanctimonious ****** and running his mouth non-stop to show the world how he disliked the Twenty20 idea and so on before suddenly taking it over a test series.
Agree...

How are other players hypocrites? Let me explain the meaning of that word to you. hyp·o·crite /ˈhɪpəkrɪt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[hip-uh-krit] Pronunciation Key - –noun 1. a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, esp. a person whose actions belie stated beliefs. 2. a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, esp. one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements. Symonds fits this. Where do the other players fit the 'pretending to have these ideals' part of it? Dhoni, Kaif, Pollock, Hussey and co. have never gone out and played the sanctimonious ****** role to say how much they respect test cricket as the foremost form of the game and how T20s should be moderated. Symonds has, so this is just an indication of the man's character.

Of course Symonds is a hypocrite' date=' never said he isnt one. BUT, [b']most other players are also hypocrites, or perilously close to it.
So why should I be bothered to watch a bunch of hypocrites(your word) playing Sriram? Atleast in Test cricket(or LOI) they play for their nation, here its only their greed, is it not?

So why should I be bothered to watch a bunch of hypocrites(your word) playing Sriram? Atleast in Test cricket(or LOI) they play for their nation' date=' here its only their greed, is it not?[/quote'] Lurks, Is Pete Sampras one of your more favorite tennis players ? Or for that matter, who is your fav tennis player ?

How are other players hypocrites? Let me explain the meaning of that word to you. hyp·o·crite /ˈhɪpəkrɪt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[hip-uh-krit] Pronunciation Key - –noun 1. a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, esp. a person whose actions belie stated beliefs. 2. a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, esp. one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements. Symonds fits this. Where do the other players fit the 'pretending to have these ideals' part of it? Dhoni, Kaif, Pollock, Hussey and co. have never gone out and played the sanctimonious ****** role to say how much they respect test cricket as the foremost form of the game and how T20s should be moderated. Symonds has, so this is just an indication of the man's character.
I dont really remember Symonds sticking body and soul with test cricket ? Of course he made a few statements, but you are definitely blowing them out of proportions. And for that matter, the biggest hypocrites HAVE to be the Pakistanis, esp the guys like Mohammed Yousuf, who openly blackmailed his board, threatened desertion and then shamelessly came back, only to ditch ICL and jumped onto IPL.

It will be interesting to see Bhajji bowling against Dhoni. or Ishant vs Yuvi or Ishant vs Tendulkar or Sreesanth vs Tendulkar. Btw, the last two options in the poll are tricky. I mean on one hand you'd want to support a team but then you know that this tourney is doing injustice to Test cricket. So very smart of you to make us feel guilty:D

Isnt our domestic season clashing with IPL circus as well Suma? Right now as this whole bidding/auction circus is ongoing we have our Duleep Trophy in the process with West Zone taking on North Zone. Can you honestly tell me that Indian cricketers/Administrators/fans are more interested in Duleep Trophy than IPL today? Heck check CricInfo and see how they carry the bidding "live" while Duleep trophy game merits a footnote some place. In the morning I read of a little snippet on CI where a journalist ran into Akash Chopra, their exchange pretty much summed it up really. "And there's a Duleep final going on behind," I said to Aakash Chopra as he walked out of the Wankhede Stadium after the first day's play of the Duleep Trophy final. I knew Chopra would see where I was coming from. "And there's a Duleep final going on," he echoed. We were seeing the sign of the times. xxxx
dont think there is an domestic competition in april /may apart from ipl . Indian domestic scene is from sept 07 till march 08 so it doesnt clash with ipl. Agree though that indian players/administrators/fans are disinterested or apathetic towards domestic cricket.

Lurks' date=' Is Pete Sampras one of your more favorite tennis players ? Or for that matter, who is your fav tennis player ?[/quote'] Cant say there is any currently. Probably the one player that I loved watching most was Leander Paes and what he did for India single handedly. I would be first to admit Leander would never be in the league of a Sampras or a Becker but give him a tri-colour and see what he could do :dance:

Cant say there is any currently. Probably the one player that I loved watching most was Leander Paes and what he did for India single handedly. I would be first to admit Leander would never be in the league of a Sampras or a Becker but give him a tri-colour and see what he could do :dance:
Very smart answer. :D

I am fckin disgusted and disappointed by the way Mumbai owners went out to buy some real non-sense deal. 975,000 for Jaya (???) and 875,000 for bhajji (???). Mumbai better fill up the squad with some talented youth or we will be doomed just like we did in ICL. I am rooting for Mumbai and all the indian players in IPL. I also wish that all the overseas players go FLOP!!!

I dont really remember Symonds sticking body and soul with test cricket ? Of course he made a few statements, but you are definitely blowing them out of proportions. And for that matter, the biggest hypocrites HAVE to be the Pakistanis, esp the guys like Mohammed Yousuf, who openly blackmailed his board, threatened desertion and then shamelessly came back, only to ditch ICL and jumped onto IPL.
Hmm, you obviously don't pay attention to Symonds' comments too much. Go find his old quotes from the T20 World Cup and in some of the Aussie papers around that time. And yes, Mohammed Yousuf is a turd and hypocrite of the highest order. But nobody in the IPL wanted to bid for him. HA. :finger:

Hmm, you obviously don't pay attention to Symonds' comments too much. Go find his old quotes from the T20 World Cup and in some of the Aussie papers around that time. And yes, Mohammed Yousuf is a turd and hypocrite of the highest order. But nobody in the IPL wanted to bid for him. HA. :finger:
And you want me to believe that is because everyone saw him as a hypocrite ? Symonds' wrongly accused an Indian player of being racist and they bid $1.35 million. :finger: